This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

BG with everyone

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

BG with everyone

Postby Check-Every-Wardrobe » Sep 16, 2009 2:08 pm

This is the first background that i've made so any advice on how i could of made it better would be really appreciated.

Check-Every-Wardrobe
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: BG with everyone

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Sep 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Hmm, the cropping and blending is really well done, but it is way too crowded. I think if you get rid of the pics of Oreius, Trufflehunter, Glenstorm, Reepicheep, Mr. and Mrs. Beaver, and Trumpkin, it would look a bit less crowded.

But for your first attempt in a while, it's still pretty good. Well done.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Adeona » Sep 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Maybe do a similar one with Aslan in the center and the Pevensies in the corners?
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby greenbird37 » Sep 16, 2009 8:06 pm

Its very good, but I would have put Aslan on top, the Pevensies on the side and Caspian at the bottom. Maybe do away with the others. Very well done though! :ymapplause:
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Mar In Narnia » Sep 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Good work, Check-Every-Wardrobe! I like the idea of making a wallpaper with everybody on it, but it does look a little bit crowded as it was already said. Maybe, if you only put Aslan, the Pevensies and Caspian it would look better. But I love that you chose the map as the background of the wallpaper. Hope to see more from you :)
Thanks to malkah for the lovely avatar!
Mar In Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Check-Every-Wardrobe » Sep 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone!!!
I'm going to try making another one with less people, probably just have the pevensies, Aslan and Caspian.
Check-Every-Wardrobe
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narnia_lover127 » Sep 19, 2009 8:30 am

I really like the map in the background and you chose great pictues just maby with a few less would have been perfect! Great job!
or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch,Peter~Lucy

Avvie,sig:me!
narnia_lover127
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lion's Emblem » Sep 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Nice background Check-Every-Wardrobe, very well done for your first attempt. I can definitely see your thought process and design ideas of where you want to go with the final piece. Your use of a collage works well as a layout idea. Yes, it seems to be a bit crowded right now, but I can still see the collaging idea work. I understand why you have the Pevensies as the focus with the characters they have met surrounding them. Perhaps if the entire BG was set up in this same manner, with all sorts of images of Narnian characters in the BG with the Pevensies in the center on top of all these images (with the BG image being a bit more transparent, as they are now, and the Pevensies being translucent on top of the BG). Your images right now seem to be blended together pretty well. I also like the fact that you have a variety of image angles, which works really well. I personally like the cluster of all four Pevensies in the middle. Being the focus, it works to have their images be slighter larger than the rest and I think you made great choices on the four images. Nice work on this piece :ymapplause: , keep at it :) .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic