This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Impossible - Wallpaper

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Impossible - Wallpaper

Postby Mar In Narnia » Sep 15, 2009 3:54 pm

So, I made this wallpaper today and I'm not sure of how it turned out, but I'll post it to get critiques :)

Thanks in advance!
Thanks to malkah for the lovely avatar!
Mar In Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Impossible - Wallpaper

Postby Lion's Emblem » Sep 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Nice wp Mar, simple, but very effective. Your choice of text along with your choice of imagery are perfect, both as separate elements in connection to the concept of the piece as as combined elements reflective of each other (the facial expressions of Susan and Peter are all too perfect for the concept). As for text, layout looks great and coloration works nicely as well. I'm not sure on how the image is cropped for the film, but here the top of Susan's forehead seems to create a tangent with the edge of the wp (a bit distracting for me, I need to see some more hairline there). The snowflake designs also add a nice design touch. Good work :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Sep 16, 2009 7:49 am

I love the colouration of this one! You must have darkened it a little bit, because that shot is typically very bright, the main advantage of this is that the white text stands out very beautifully. The snowflakes are a bit distracting for me (while the fact that Susan's face is tangent to the top of the wallie is not). Overall, well done. It's simple, but beautiful.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Mar In Narnia » Sep 21, 2009 4:58 pm

Thank you both so much for the critiques! Lion's Emblem, I now see that I should have cut the image differently, you're right about hairline, it would have looked better. And, DiGoRyKiRkE, I did touch the colouration because I wanted the text to have more contrast. Thanks again! :)
Thanks to malkah for the lovely avatar!
Mar In Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru