This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lion kisses - Caspian and Aslan (pencil)

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Lion kisses - Caspian and Aslan (pencil)

Postby Beginte » Jun 05, 2011 4:50 am

Another of my SC projects... I'm still hoping SC will be the next Narnia movie :ympray:

Hmm... I think this is sort of a SPOILER for those who don't know how SC ends... Hmm... should there be a spoiler warning, since this is one of the book's ending scenes? :-\ Oh, well, let's consider this the spoiler warning!

I'm quite happy with finally managing to do this drawing, it's been following me around for some looong time now. Both Kings (the King of Narnia and the King of Kings) were something of a royal pain to draw ;)) I'm still not entirely happy with how slightly... hmm... chubby Aslan turned out, but I hope the effect will be neutralized in a colored version :) For some reason I gave Caspian his VoDT hairdo... I liked it, and somehow it went good with my vision of the scene :)

I want to color this picture in Photoshop sometime soon, since this picture always followed me with vibrant colors in my imagination, I hope the effect will be pleasant.

Anyway, I hope you like it! I haven't read SC whole, but I read the start and the end (I was a child, of course I peeked :p), and this is so far my most favorite scene of the whole book, and I think even when I read the whole book, it will remain that way.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42 ... kisses.jpg

Question - in colored version, would you like to see Aslan's tail 'wrapped' around Caspian's side and somehow closing this side of the picture? You can see a very vague sketch of it below my signature.
I've seen the movie 9 times!!! (PC)
I've seen the movie 7 times!!! (VoDT) And loved it!
Proud member of the C+S club
Av & sig by me
Beginte
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Lion kisses - Caspian and Aslan (pencil)

Postby StarAsterisk » Jun 05, 2011 7:03 am

Wow they look very happy! ^_^
I think coloring it in Photoshop is a great idea! I often do that.
signature by Beginte
StarAsterisk
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Beginte » Jun 05, 2011 7:12 am

Oh, thank you! :D I wanted this picture to look happy and somewhat energetic, in a joyous way, I'm glad they look happy indeed :) I hope to make the colored version soon.
Av & sig by me
Beginte
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Shy Galadriel » Jun 06, 2011 8:00 am

It's so happy it brings tears to my eyes. :ymhug:
Yes, color it and bring his tail more into the picture. Wow. I love it a lot. :)
I dreamt that I dwelt in marble halls

<3 As you wish <3
Shy Galadriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby 7chronicles » Jun 06, 2011 9:25 pm

This is beautiful Beginte! You can see the joy in both of them! :D
I really Love how you draw expressions! :ymapplause:
I don't think Aslan looks chubby at all. :)
His expression is just right, and it is so nice to see him so happy! :D
I really love the shape of the drawing (not sure if that makes sense). :p
This would look so beautiful in color! :)
P.S. I hope they still do SC next also! ;)
As always I can't wait to see more! :D Great Job! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnian_Archer » Jun 07, 2011 5:02 am

Really nice, Beginte! Caspian looks so much like Ben Barnes!! I really like the way Aslam turned out, he's majestic, but so happy at the same time! Love it!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
I think it'll be better without the tail, but that's just me. :)
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Beginte » Jun 07, 2011 5:03 am

Shy Galadriel, awww, thank you! :D I was so much hoping to give a feel of joy and happiness! Thank you so much, I'm very happy you like it! OK., a vote for the tail then... I really think I will put it in the color version :)

7chronicles, thank you so much! :ymhug: I hoped to give a sense of joy and sheer, happy energy :) I plan to enhance it in color version by choosing very vibrant shades. I'm happy you like the expressions, I liked drawing Caspian's wide smile :) Haha, good then, I'm feeling a little better about Aslan now ;)) Well, to me the 'shape of the drawing' phrase means something I can't quite word, but I think it's what you mean, and I'm happy you like it :) Yeees, yay for SC as the next Narnia movie! *cheers* I'll try to post the color version soon. By the way, will you draw something soon? I so love your works! :D

Narnian_Archer, whee, thanks! I'm so glad Caspian looks like Ben Barnes, I was doing my best :D And I'm so happy you like the way Aslan turned out, I wasn't entirely thrilled, but liked it, and I'm happy you think he's majestic and happy at the same time, this is what I was going for... I wanted to draw Aslan laughing, because I think this scene would be amazingly bright and powerfully happy if he laughed while Caspian hugged him :)
Av & sig by me
Beginte
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby 7chronicles » Jun 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Beginte wrote: I'll try to post the color version soon. By the way, will you draw something soon? I so love your works! :D

Oh good I can't wait to see it! :D
Thank you so much! That means a lot to me. :)
I'm actually nearly done with a picture of Jadis from MN and hope to post it before the end of the week. :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aravanna » Jun 08, 2011 8:59 pm

The overall concept of this piece is really amazing!

Aslan looks perfect! Although he does remind me of how the lions in Lion King are drawn. I don't think he looks chunky at all. He has to have a certain heft to him after all.

Caspian looks good as well, although for for some reason his mouth freaks me out. Maybe it's all his sharply articulated teeth and dark lips. I suspect that that little detail will be fixed by your impressive coloring skills. :)
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Beginte » Jun 09, 2011 1:30 am

7chronicles, thanks, I hope to be able to start the color version soon, for now I somehow can't gather up. Oh, of course I love your work! I'm always amazed :) Oooh, Jadis! Can't wait to see how it turned out! I love your witches, I still remember your LotGK!

Aravanna, thank you very much :) I wanted it to be happy and with motion of energy, I hope the color version will enhance that. Oh, good, I'm glad you don't think Aslan looks chunky... it's probably because I know how I wanted him to look, and he doesn't. Hmm, I used to be a member of Lion King fanart site, but I don't see much resemblance... oh, well :) Haha, I know, that's the problem with teeth done in pencil... it's drastically hard to draw and make it look normal, believe me... Yes, it will be very much fixed in color, I've done that before already. Oh, thank you so very much, I'm glad you think my coloring skills are impressive :ymblushing:
Av & sig by me
Beginte
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Very nice, Beginte! It reminds me of the moment in LWW (movie) where Lucy and Susan first see Aslan after he's alive again. Only it's Caspian instead. Very sweet. ;)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.