This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

the Lion and the Lamb WP

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

the Lion and the Lamb WP

Postby lilsis_lucy » Sep 09, 2009 11:52 am

Woohoo!! New format and everything!! It'll take a bit to get used to, but I love it already! Here's a WP that I made the other day... I had been wanting to make one like this for a while now, and have been deprived from graphic making for about a month (if people couldn't tell... my absence has been far too long.. I'm wondering if people even remember me still?? :-o ) Anyways, without further a due, here it is!! I made 3 different versions of it, just kinda playing around with the font and such.. personally, the second one is my favorite. It's sitting on my desktop background as i type. :ymsmug: Enjoy! Comments are and constructive criticism are always great!! ;)

av/sig me
Narnia Nuts in NH Club
Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither. ~C.S. Lewis
lilsis_lucy
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: the Lion and the Lamb WP

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Sep 09, 2009 4:54 pm

That is startlingly beautiful! All three of them are positvely breathtaking. It's such a wonderful concept, and I really wouldn't change a single pixel about them. Fantastic job!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Lady Courage » Sep 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Wow! So pretty! They're all lovely, but the third one is my personal favorite. No reason, just personal preference! :D
Ditto DiGoRyKiRkE!
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby Lion's Emblem » Sep 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Nice wps lilsis_lucy. Design and layout look good on all three. It's just my feeling, but I would almost like to see the image of the lamb moved slightly to the left. It's a little distracting for me how the lamb's ear is hanging out in Aslan's chin. I like the idea of including transparent close-ups of the main imagery in the BG, looks good without becoming overcrowded. Text works well with your choices of imagery: in context, coloration, fonts, and layout. Both versions of text look great, although, the first feels a bit too much like "Beauty and the Beast" to me ;) . Nice work on all three variations :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby lilsis_lucy » Sep 11, 2009 6:20 am

Thank you everyone for your comments! Lion's Emblem Thank you for your thoughts.. I was thinking that, too, about moving the lamb a little to the left, but when I tried it, I thought it looked funny because I had to move it over so much because the ear was so long! :)) But I think you're right, it might be a little distracting.. maybe I'll play around with it. And about the first one, yeah that's my least favorite because of that reason ;) haha oh well.
av/sig me
Narnia Nuts in NH Club
Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither. ~C.S. Lewis
lilsis_lucy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby briofthesilversea » Sep 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the blending, and it's just all around a really sweet graphic! Great job :ymapplause: :)
briofthesilversea
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby americangirlemmie » Sep 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Those are beautiful lilsis lucy. I really like them.
Co-founder - NW for HP & The Missing Club
americangirlemmie
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby NothinButNarnia » Sep 16, 2009 12:47 pm

wow! I love it! The textures and colors are absolutely amazing!
av / sig by me, PM if you want one
saw the movie opening weekend and cried at the end!
Jesus DIED for ME and YOU!
NothinButNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Mar In Narnia » Sep 18, 2009 12:59 pm

I love this wallpapers, lilsis_lucy! The concept and the blending are great. My favourite is the third one, but all of them are beautiful. Great work :)
Thanks to malkah for the lovely avatar!
Mar In Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru