This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Daylight Is Coming - Wallpaper

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Daylight Is Coming - Wallpaper

Postby Daylight » Sep 08, 2009 5:25 pm

This wallpaper was inspired by the song "Daylight" by Remedy Drive(which is also where my username came from) :D

This is only my 2nd ever wallie, so comments and suggestions would be great... :ymblushing:

^clicky^
Proud member of the Hawk Nelson Club!
Avi by filmowe on livejournal.
Daylight
NarniaWeb Junkie

Re: Daylight Is Coming - Wallpaper

Postby Windsong » Sep 08, 2009 5:28 pm

I like seeing the image of Aslan as the King of His Creation. Colors and textures look great.

Fine effort.

Windsong
NW friends and siblings...AliceLuna, Liberty Hoffman, Lucy of Narnia, Lyneya,
Miss Rosario, MistressofDawn, Narnia Fanatic, Pogginfan, Silver the Wanderer, Smartypants, The Rose-Tree Dryad, TheValiantLucy, wild rose, Winterlife and Wolfloversk.
Windsong
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby flambeau » Sep 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Lovely wallie Daylight!

The coloring and textures look wonderful! The text is excellent, the design is wonderful and it's very fitting!

You did a wonderful job on it! I hope you make more! You're quite good at them! :-bd

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby MissAdventure » Sep 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Marvelous job, Daylight! The coloring is awesome and I love how majestic Aslan looks!! The text is amazing (I love that song! :) )! Great work, I'd love to see more wallies from you! :ymapplause:
She hoped to be wise and reasonable in time; but alas!
She must confess to herself that she was not wise yet.

Call me Maddy! | my livejournal
Proud Attolian Recruiter
MissAdventure
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby loper42 » Sep 08, 2009 9:59 pm

Wow, that's your second wallpaper. I have to say that is quite good. Your picking it up pretty fast. I love the angled text and the coloring is fantastic, especially for your second wallpaper.

My only critique would be that the words themselves don't really go with the picture. I mean, I can see where Aslan would bring daylight, but in the picture the sun has already risen and it seems a bit out of place. I don't mean to sound discouraging, I just thought I would give you my 2 cents lol. I would suggest trying a situation where the words illustrate the meaning or something like that. For example, a sunrise or light coming into dark or something like that.

Great wallpaper! I look forward to seeing some more brilliant one's from you in the future.

Photobucket
Livejournal
loper42
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Daylight » Sep 09, 2009 6:22 am

Oh, thats a good point loper! I never thought of that before, lol it does seem a little strange now! :| :ymblushing:
Thanks for all the comments everybody! :)
Daylight
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby briofthesilversea » Sep 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Hmm, this looks like it should be on a T-shirt! Really, it's awesome! I would so buy a shirt like that. I love it :) :ymapplause:
briofthesilversea
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lion's Emblem » Sep 10, 2009 11:14 pm

Nice wp Daylight, simple, but very effective. I agree with what loper42 has said about your text choice. The connection between Aslan and the daylight and the sun are perfect for each other on multiple levels, but I agree on the context of the text connecting with the scene in the image. Maybe if the text read 'daylight has come' instead of the future tense. It works great with the 'to break the dawn' line, as a connection to Aslan aiding in the battle, as is with your choice of image. Maybe it's a bit cliche, but I can see the image of Aslan being brought up in coloration a bit more, to reflect the daylight reference. This might also help to strengthen the text reference. As this is only your second wp, I can definitely see that you have great design and concept ideas and you know where you want to go with a wp. I think that all you need to do is play around with subtle elements to emphasize the ideas you already have. For example, on this wp, I think your usage of design within the text is very effective. Having 'daylight is coming' being very large, bold, and in all caps. is a perfect match-up to the powerful image of Aslan roaring. 'To break the dawn' also works really well and stands out nicely with the first line of text. Keep up the awesomeness :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Daylight » Sep 11, 2009 7:43 am

Thanks Lion's Emblem! Your advice is really helpful! I will keep it in mind. :)
Daylight
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Follower of Aslan » Sep 12, 2009 7:57 pm

I love the color! Beautifully done - nice and simple. I would have used a little more ornate-like text, but your style is still great! I do like how you used two different texts. ;)

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
The *official First Follower of Aslan
Keeper of Susan's Grey Coat.
Avy:Badger
Sig:Beautiful_ltdwn
Follower of Aslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Mar In Narnia » Sep 15, 2009 3:43 pm

I love this wallpaper, Daylight! :) I agree with some posters above about the differences between the text and the image, but the wallie is beautiful nevertheless. I really like the fonts you used and how the text fades into the clouds. Also the colouring is amazing! Great work :ymapplause:
Thanks to malkah for the lovely avatar!
Mar In Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby americangirlemmie » Sep 16, 2009 12:24 pm

I love it Daylight. its awesome.
Co-founder - NW for HP & The Missing Club
americangirlemmie
NarniaWeb Nut