This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

"Lord of his creation" - Aslan Wallpaper

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

"Lord of his creation" - Aslan Wallpaper

Postby RuralNarniaFan » Feb 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Another wallpaper I whipped up today... I'm on a roll. B-)

Widescreen (16:9 - 1366x768)

Fullscreen (4:3 - 1280x1024)

I messed up on the 16:9 version's size - I accidentally entered 1366x728 instead of 1366x768, so the ratio's a bit off.

EDIT: I fixed the widescreen version, so it's now 1366x768. Also tweaked with the color on both.

EDIT 2: I came across this tree among my photos and decided to try it in this WP, so I stylized it and stuck it in, and I thought it added a finishing touch. He's the updated version:

Widescreen (16:9 - 1366x768)

Fullscreen (4:3 - 1280x1024)
Spelling Nazi, at your service. ;)
Avatar and signature are my own - will make Narnia graphics on request.
RuralNarniaFan
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: "Lord of his creation" - Aslan Wallpaper

Postby Quinlin » Feb 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Hello there, Rural! :) I haven't seen you post here in a while. This is an amazing wallpaper set! First of all, I absolutely love the coloring that you selected for the background, as well as how you incorporated the same warm, purplish & blue tones into the moon and sky. Aslan stands out so beautifully against the glow of the sky and the way his golden fur radiates, creates a fantastic effect. I love how you chose to create a background of the sky and place the moon in the corner as well. It makes Aslan appear as if he is looking over Narnia from the sky surrounded by a halo of light! The text you chose is simple and powerful. Would you mind telling me where you got that photo of Aslan? I think of seen it before, but I don't recall where I may have come across it. Anyways, lovely work! :D

~saves to use as a wallie on her computer~
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Re: "Lord of his creation" - Aslan Wallpaper

Postby RuralNarniaFan » Feb 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Thanks for the kind words. :ymblushing: Yes it has been quite a while since I posted in here last - I've been too busy to make graphics (well, I still am, but yeah :P). The picture (photo :D ) of Aslan is from here - for some reason those pictures never made it to the NWeb image gallery.

I made an updated version with a stylized tree from a photo I took recently - do you think it adds or was it better off without it?
Spelling Nazi, at your service. ;)
Avatar and signature are my own - will make Narnia graphics on request.
RuralNarniaFan
NarniaWeb Nut