This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Re: Avatars - First Edition!

Postby AslansChild » Jul 02, 2011 12:45 pm

okay, comments first:

daughter of the KingI LOVE all your Susan avatars: my favorites are 2,3,4,5,9,10,& 12. I like them all though...their all very bright and colorful.

Evelyn very nice: 1,5&6 are the ones I like best...the Lucy one's cute, I like the text you used. Text's nice on 6 too.

CaglaSuTk I like the way you made them so colorful...3 is very nice, and 5 has a nice border.

DancingPrincesses these are all sweet, 2 is extra cute, nice picture too.

here's some from me: (one Susan for each film! :D )

splwwlpbavatar.png
spcfldvspsvdtavatar.png

c&cc welcomed

AslansChild
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby lover of narnia » Jul 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi Guys! Long time no post it seems. :p Sorry, no comments, except for this page. But a huge thank you to the people who commented on my last posts! :ymhug:

AslansChild, These are really nice! :) I adore 2. It's well blending, and not too textured. I also like 1. Creative! :ymapplause:

Batch from me.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

More to come! C and CC is great. Credit is nice, but not required if you use. :)

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby daughter of the King » Jul 05, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks for the comments everyone! :)

page 85

Evelyn: Nice job! I like the different fonts you used, and the partial black-and-white effect on 3 is cool.
CaglaSuTk: Very nice. I like the bold colors. My favourite is 6.
DP Dessa: Good job! I like the cropping on all four.

page 86

AslansChild: I'm having a hard time choosing a favourite between 1 and 2. They're both creative, and 2 has really good lighting.
lon: I love the textures you used! They're all so bright and colourful. Favs are 5, 9 and 14.

Image Image Image Image Image

Textures by hyaline12, flambeau, Aravis A. and Wunderkind.

Anyone can use. C&CC
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Aravis Autarkeia » Jul 05, 2011 12:20 pm

wow! I haven't been here in ages! Lovely work on the last couple of pages. Wish I had time for more comments. :(

page 85:
malkah: lovely coloring! #7 and #10 are my favorites!
CaglaSuTk: wow! those are really pretty. I love love love #1 and #5!

page 86:
lover of narnia: Love your use of textures and layouts! #18 is really cool. :)
daughter of the King: Love #12!

some from me:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Aravis Autarkeia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby AslansChild » Jul 06, 2011 7:20 am

Comments:
lover of narnia WOW! What a bright and colorful batch! ;;) Very cool. I like 1 & 19 best...19's funny, I love the look on Barnes face in the bottom picture...he looks like he's saying: "O MY GOSH you're kidding me!" lol :p Is that pic from Dorian Gray?

daughter of the King very nice, I LOVE the lighting in 2...and the 5th is very good too, I like that used that phrase in a avatar...it fits really well with it being in the middle of WWII and all.

Aravis AutarkeiaAA...what can I say about your work? I just ADORE ALL your work, you're very very VERY talented...I always love looking at your work, they look very colorful and bright and happy, and the textures and layers and such blend in very well. Another good batch! But if I had to pick favorites, it'd be 2,4,7,8,9,10,&16. Very good. :ymapplause:

Um, here's some of the cast...I feel rather pathetic posting after Aravis Autarkeia, lol :ymblushing: O well...life goes on:

apstbwbnavatar.png
apstbwbnavatar.png (14.12 KiB) Viewed 35032 times
ghbsfmlwwavatar.png
ghbsfmlwwavatar.png (19.67 KiB) Viewed 35032 times
gclwwavatar.png
gclwwavatar.png (22.48 KiB) Viewed 35032 times

texture from avatar 2 was originally a red texture I found on this thread. (sorry, can't remember the members name :ymblushing: )

c&cc welcomed
AslansChild
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby lover of narnia » Jul 06, 2011 8:29 am

daughter of the King, Thank you! :) Yours are lovely! Truly, you are getting better. I'm really liking the brighter colors we are seeing. :D My favorites are: 1, 3, 6, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 20. :ymapplause:
Aravis A, Thanks! :) Yours are so pretty! I always like the blue tones and such. My faves are: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 13, and 16. Good job! :ymapplause:
AslansChild, Why, thank you! :) Yes, that image is from Dorian Gray. I was doing these for a challenge on Livejournal, and the theme was crossing over; so I had to cross a Narnian image over with a different Fandom. ;) Yours are nice! 2 has to by my favorite. :) And, did you color that image of Anna on 1?

Another batch from me.

C and CC is great. Credit is nice, but not needed, if you use.

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Wunderkind_Lucy » Jul 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Hey, y'all! It's been awhile since I've posted in here!

I don't have time for individual comments, but I must say that there has been a lot of lovely avies so far! ^^

Comments are ♥! Credit is nice but not necessary. Please don't claim as your own.

~Wunder
Wunderkind_Lucy
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Tarkheena » Jul 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Wow, I haven't stopped by this thread in a ridiculously long time. :ymblushing: Everyone's work looks brilliant!

I just learned how to make transparencies and downloaded a ton of cool fonts all in one day. So then these happened.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Comments & credit are even better than chocolate! :)
avvie & sig by me

Team Hoodie!!!
Hoot Owl Of NarniaWeb
Tarkheena
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby daughter of the King » Jul 14, 2011 8:52 am

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Aravis A: Love the colouring on all of them, and the sparkly textures.
AslansChild: I like the blur on 3, very creative!
lon: Love the warm colouring on 3-10.
Wunderkind: Great cropping, and I love the lighting on all of them.
Tarkheena: I love the quotes you used on 6 and 9.

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Textures by flambeau, Wunderkind, hyaline12, and Aravis A.

Anyone can use. C&CC
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 15, 2011 2:08 am

All I can say is wow. Wow, wow. What amazing talent! I think this page contains some of the best avvies I have ever seen.

Dot: I think this is your best work so far. My faves are 1, 3, 4, 7, 11, and 17. :)
Aravis Autarkeia: I love 2, 7, 8, 10, 12, and 20.
LON: I adore all of yours. In your last batch, my favorites are 1, 6, 8, 12, 16, and 17.
WonderLu: I love #2. #4 was a really cool idea.

Here's some from me.

Image Image

Anyone can use with credit. Please don't claim as your own. C&CC appreciated. Base on #4 from Enchanted Stock. :)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby flambeau » Jul 18, 2011 8:23 am

*pokes her head in for the first time in nearly two months, grinning sheepishly* How's it going, guys? :)

Page 84...

Vi, good work! I love the cropping on #1, and I also like #2, 3, and 5!
WunderLu, lovely blending on #3 and 4!
Julie, #1 and 3 are great!
Dot, my favorites are #4, 6, 8, 14, and 15! I've seen a lot of improvement in your work lately! Keep it up! :)
Evelyn, I can't see all of yours, but of the ones I can see, I like the one of Peter riding the unicorn best. :)
AC, I can't see yours. :(

Page 85...

Dot, first post: great coloring on #1-3! I also like #6, 11, and 12! Second post: my favorites are #6, 11, 13, and 17! Third post: my favorites are #8, 9, and 10!
Vi, good work! My favorites are #2, 7, and 8!
mal, yay! It's always so great to see more work from you, my friend! Lovely batch! My favorites are #1, 3, 5, 6, 8, and 10!
Archer, #1 is funny! ;))
Evelyn, #3 is my favorite. :)
CaglaSuTk, oh wow! Those are awesome! My favorites are #1, 2, 3, 5, and 7!
Dessa, #2 and 4 are really cute!

Page 86...

Becca, first post: lovely work, as usual! My favorites are #1, 3, 9, 14, and 15! Second post: I love #1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 19! Gorgeous batch!
Dot, first post: my favorites are #2, 9, 14, 15, and 16! Second post: my favorites are #4, 7, 8, and 14!
Keia, great batch! My favorites are #1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, and 19!
AC, #2 is adorable, and #3 is very well done! :)
WunderLu, good icons! My favorites are #1, 4, 5 (!), and 7!
Tarkheena, great job with the text icons! My favorites are #1, 3, 6, and 9!
Riella, I love #3! The coloring is very eye-catching!

Here's some new work from me...

Anyone can use with credit. C&CC welcome.

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby Aravis Autarkeia » Jul 22, 2011 11:20 am

AslansChild: Thanks! :ymblushing: I love the layouts on #1 & #2! and don't feel pathetic posting after me--your work is great! :) besides the important thing is not how good we are right now but if we are improving ;)
lover of narnia: Lovely batch! :D I love #1 and #18. #18 is especially awesome (as I told you before ;;) ) The coloring and the layout is awesome!
Wunderkind_Lucy: I love #5 the best! Edmund looks like an elf. ;)
Tarkheena: Very cool! I really like #2 and #3! Great choice of fonts to go with the quotes. :)
daughter of the King: I love the lighting on #8 and #13!
Ithilwen: The cropping on #2 is so cool! I also like #6 and #7.
flambeau: Lovely coloring on #15, 16, and 18!

just three from me:
Image Image Image
Aravis Autarkeia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby flambeau » Jul 23, 2011 9:33 am

Keia, great design on the first, and the coloring is lovely on the third!

Some more from me. Some of these are variations of my last batch, so they look similar.

Anyone can use with credit. C&CC welcome.

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby Djaq » Jul 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Lovely work from everyone!!

AslansChild, in your first post, the avatars aren't showing up for me... :( I think my Internet is just being picky right now. Sorry! :( Second post: Ooh, I really, really like the Georgie one! :D

Becca, first post: Very vibrant and bright icons! :D Hmm, favorites would be 3, 4, 6, 8, 9 (!), 14 and 15!! Lovely work! :D Second post: ...WOW!! That's really all I can say! ;)) That is just a fabulous batch! Ahh, I'll try to pick favorites...1, 6, 8, 11-16 (!), 19 and 20! :D

Dot, first post: Great job! :D My top favorite would probably be 2, because I LOVE the contrast and lighting! :) Others I really like are 3, 6 and 10! Second post: #8 is really fabulous! :D And, I love the text on #12. ;))

Keia, first post: Lovely designs! I love everything about 3 and 5!! :D 7 and 8 are great as well! Second post: The first one is awesome! :D

WunderLu, I really love the tone of red in the first one! :D Fabulous design on #4, and I love the contrast in #5!

Tarkheena, I love the quote avvies! :D My faves are 1, 3, 6, 8 and 9!

Riella, wonderful cropping! :D I really like the second one!

flam, I'm considering skipping over your post, since you already know what I think of all of your icons, but they are calling out to me, just BEGGING me to tell them how beautiful they are! :P Sooo.... I'm madly in love. Just thought I should tell you. Impossible to pick a favorite. ;)) I love the bright text. < that goes for both of yours posts, fyi. :P

Here is a meager offering from yours truly. :)

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Up for grabs. :) Credit isn't required.

~Djaq
When things fall apart, be glue.

Team Hoodie!!
Djaq
Moderator Emeritus
Djaq Of All Trades

Postby daughter of the King » Aug 01, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Riella: Gorgeous colouring on 2 and 3!
flambeau: (first post) Awesome batch! Would it be possible for you to do a tutorial on 2? Please? ;;) (second post) Love the variations.
Aravis A: Lovely! 2 is my favourite.
Djaq: They're all really good. I think I like 3 best.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Seven is such an odd number to post.

Textures by flambeau and some other people whom I'm forgetting.

Anyone can use. C&CC
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Elanor » Aug 02, 2011 8:57 am

There are like a MILLION gorgeous avies on this page, so I'm going to try to comment on all of the posts. Yeah, sure it will take me all morning, but oh well. ;)
Becca's first post: I absolutely love the color scheme of all of these, they're all so very, very pretty! Impossible to choose favorites, but I'll list all the one's that really stand out to me. 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 20. :D Wonderful job, really, every single one of them are gorgeous, and I would enjoy using!
DotK's first post: A lot of darker colors, but so stunning! All of the one's with lyrics/words really, really fit the picture, and are really thought provoking. Favorite's are 2, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17 and 19. Really good work! :ymapplause:
Aravis Autarkeia's first post: I really like yours, they're all very creative! Favorites would be 2, 4, 10, 11, 12, and 20. Very very favorite is 9 - that's so so so cool!
Aslanschild's post: Good job, those last two are very cute - love the texture and style of 2!
Becca's 2nd post: Again that beautiful orangey color, and another beautiful post. I love all the close ups, it's really flattering and well done. Favorites are 5, 15, 16 and 17. Great job! :ymapplause:
Wunderkind_Lucy's first post: Goodness! All the textures and pictures in this post, are very creative and beautiful, a lot of things I haven't seen before. 1, 2, and 3 are my favorites.
DotK's second post: Again, some really lovely colors and style's, I really like all of your work, you're incredibly talented! :ymhug: Favorites are 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12. 16 is so so awesome, that was so creative. Very scary. :D
Ithie's post: I really like all the textures and shading in yours. 3, 4, 5, and 6 are my favorites. :ymapplause:
flambeau's 1st post: Way too many amazing one's - I can't say anything to describe how beautiful they are. I'll just tell you the one's that really catch my eye - 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 19, and 20. :ymhug:
Aravis_Autarkeia's 2nd post: A small post, but that first avi is just stunning! Very good job!
flambeau's 2nd post: 12, 16, 17, and 20 are just stunning, as all of them are. :ymapplause:
Djaq's post: I really like yours, you make everyone look so good. :P 2, 3, 4, 5, and those last three are super cool!!
dotk's 3d post: Oh my. Favorites are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. :P Yes, they're all evenly beautiful. Really. Lovely. :ymapplause:
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext