This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Re: Avatars - First Edition!

Postby Gymfan15 » Sep 04, 2009 11:48 am

lover of narnia wrote: Gymfan 15: Awesome batch! The colors are so nice!!! my favorites are....1, 3, 4, 6 ,7,9, 10, 11 ,12, 13 ,14 15, 16, 18 and 19. Your really good! If a may ask, whats the frame\texture on 7? could you post it? It's awesome.

I went ahead and posted the brush in the Resources thread. :)

Good job on the graphics, everyone! I've been enjoying seeing y'all help fill up this thread so fast, and all the icons are lovely. :) I'm especially glad to see people who've used my bases note that...it's fun for me because sometimes I can't tell if it's a base I made or not, and I'm left wondering. ;))

Keep up the good work!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby lover of narnia » Sep 04, 2009 11:51 am

daylight: Nice ones again!!! I like them all, picking favorites is imposible!!!

Beginte: Don't worry I can wait!! i understand. And I'll have that pic to you very soon. Thanks for commenting!!!

Princess Anna: Nice batch again and thnaks for the comments. I like the color and texton yours.

Gymfan 15: Thanks! And thanks for your comments!

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Beginte » Sep 04, 2009 1:28 pm

Daylight, thanks! I'm happy you like them! I'm experimenting with new designs :)

Princess Anna, thanks! Oh, neat ones! Gosh, the BBC Lucy was probably the worst of all the Pevensies... I love #7, Peter looks sweet.

lover of narnia, I'll do the tuts tomorrow, as soon as I can! I love your avs, #3 with Prunaprismia is great! I love that shot in the movie... And of course I love #7 :)

Some new work from moi...

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Comments and credit are great! :D
I've seen the movie 9 times!!! (PC)
I've seen the movie 7 times!!! (VoDT) And loved it!
Proud member of the C+S club
Av & sig by me
Beginte
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby flambeau » Sep 04, 2009 2:33 pm

Hello everyone!!

I'm sorry that I haven't been around in a few days, but I'm going to catch up on comments now. They're going to be somewhat short thought (just so you know.)

Old Forum Page #23...

MissA, first post: lovely coloring! I love #3 and 4! Second post: gorgeous avies! My favorites are #1 and 4! #1 is stunning!
Maddy, first post: I love them! My favorites are #2, 3, 4, and 6! Awesome coloring! Second post: great coloring! My favorites are #2 and 3!
Djaq, wonderful work! My favorites are #1 and 3-6! Gorgeous coloring and cropping!
hyaline12, beautiful textures! My favorites are #1, 3, and 4! Text use of text!
Follower, great cropping! My favorites are #1, 2, and 7! I also like the text on #8!
NL101, wonderful use of textures! My favorites are #2, 4, 5, 6, and 8!
Queen Susan, I love the different versions! My favorite is the first one though! It's lovely!

Page #24...

Djaq, gorgeous batch! My favorites are #1, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 9!
NG, great cropping and coloring! I like how simple it is!
Beren, awesome quote! I love the images you chose to use!
nz_nut, I love the coloring! My favorite is #2!

New forum comments!!

Page #1...

PA, first post: very nice work! My favorites are #2, 5, and 12! Second post: good work! My favorites are #4, 5, and 8!
Gymfan, one word: Beautiful!! Stunning coloring! My favorites are #.... well, all of them! Could I request a tutorial on #1? If that's not possible, that's fine. :)
NL101, excellent designs! My favorites are #2, 4, and 6-8!
Kat, great work! My favorites are #2, 4, 9, and 13!
Valia, I really like how the last one turned out! The coloring and text are very effective!
Beginte, lovely work as always! My favorites are #3, 6, and 9-11!
Daylight, first post: I love them! My favorites are #2, 3, 4, 6, 12, and 14! I think I requested a tutorial on #6 when you posted it on the old forum, would you mind doing it? :) Second post: I LOVE #2! Gorgeous coloring!
Revel, great batch! My favorites are #1, 8, 11, and 12! Really neat effect on #7!
therinca, lovely work! My favorites are #3, 4, 6, and 7! Great coloring!
Lover, nice coloring! My favorites are #1, 5, and 9!

Page #2...

Lover, very nice cropping! My favorites are #2, 8, and 9!
Beginte, beautiful work! My favorites are #1, 4, and 8!

Here's two from me. I have several more, but they're on the other computer right now...

Image Image
(the text was inspired by something Skandar said in an interview)

Anyone can use with credit. C&CC welcome.

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby Kate » Sep 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Gymfan: I love the composition of #4 of your collection

NL101: I still think that #1 is the best icon of that picture I've ever seen. And I love 4 too.

flambeau: Nice lighting!

Image Image Image
Kate
Moderator Emeritus
DJ Mod

Postby HM Swanwhite » Sep 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi everyone. Here's one avvy from me. I like the new forum (not the website so much. No offence.) Though it was a shame we couldn't bring all the old stuff over to here. Later I'm going to take on the huge undertaking of commenting on all the pages I missed on the old forum. I was starting to think I'd be the only one but I see flambeau has done it too.

I'll have to comment on the new thread too, but I don't have time for heaps of comments now.

pg. 2:

Kate Love them all. Great colouring. the text on one is really well done or is that a brush? The colouring on two is awesome and I love the parting thing on 3. (Sorry, can't remember the word for it).
flambeau those are so cool. Love the colouring, borders and text - could you please make a brush of it? Also how did you manage to bold the text in your post?
Beginte Love the textures on those Ben ones. What are they? I love them all, your colouring and textures are used to perfection. :)
lover my friend. Great cropping and colouring. I think I like the one of Prunaprismia best. Love the text brushes too.
Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Wunderkind_Lucy » Sep 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Okay! Time to catch up on comments.

page 1

@PA: 1st post: I love the image you used in #3 and 4. So cute! 2nd post: I love the image you used in #5. Lovely coloring as well!

@Gymfan: Love the texture and coloring on #7!

@NL101: Love #1! The coloring and cropping are awesome! I've always loved that image of Tilda!

@starkat: My favorites are #11 and 12. I love the image you used for #11, and the text is SO perfect for #12!

@VA: Love the image and coloring in #4!

@Beginte: Love the coloring and cropping on #9!

@Daylight: It's gonna take some time to get used to your new name, but I like it! 1st post: My favorites are #7, 12, and 15. The cropping is great on all of them! I also love the coloring on #12. 2nd post: Love the cropping on #2 and 3!

@RiW: Love the coloring and cropping in #8. Lovely image.

@therinca: Love the shiny effect on #4.

@lon: Lovely coloring on #2 and 5.

page 2

@lon: I love the golden effect in #2!

@Beginte: Love the image you used in #3. The coloring is fabulous as well!

@flambeau: Love both of those. The coloring is so vivid, and I love the shiny light texture!

@Kate: Love #1. Such an interesting concept with the text and clock. But it looks great!

@HM: Nice one of Ben! :D

A few from me!

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

~Wunder
Wunderkind_Lucy
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby starkat » Sep 04, 2009 8:31 pm

Nice job everyone! I love looking at all the avatars. It gives me some cool ideas.

P.A., I love the BBC avatars. They're great!

Here are my two lone BBC avatars:

Image Image
starkat

Postby TheChronicler » Sep 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Wow... already 2 pages to the avatar thread ;)
Since I don't have anything new, here's some of my personal favorites... comments and credit make my day!

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Princess Anna: Awesome work... I really like the text and cropping! In your 1st post, my favs are #2, #5, #6, #8, and #12. In your 2nd post, my favs are #4, #6, #8, and #9.

Gymfan15: Lovely coloring... my favs are #3, #7, #8, #10, #14, and #19 :D

narnialover101: Wonderful use of textures and design... my favs are #1, #2, #7, and #8!

starkat: Excellent job... great choice of text and I love the coloring on #6, #9, #12, and #15. I really like your BBC ones too especially #1!

Beginte: Fabulous work... your Anna ones especially are stunning :ymapplause: On the last page, my favs are #1, #5, #7, #8, #10, and #11. On this page, my favs are #2, #4, #5, #7, and #8.

Daylight: Beautiful... I love your coloring! In your 1st post, my favs are #2, #6, #9, #13, and #14. In your 2nd post, my favs are #1 and #3.

RevelinginWonder: Great use of textures, and I really like the cropping on #1, #8, and #12 and the text on #2 ;)

therinca:Nice job.. I adore the coloring on #3 and #4!!!

loverofnarnia: I love the bright coloring you used... my favs are #1, #5, #7, and #9 :)

Wunderkind_Lucy: Gorgeous work as always :ymapplause: My favs are #2, #3, and #5.

HM Swanwhite: Great design and I like how you put the maroon on the right side!

Kate: Those are awesome!!! I love the textures you used... my fav is #2.

flambeau: I really like the rainbowy coloring and how you did the text :D Great quote too!

lover of narnia: Lovely... my favs are #2, #3, and #7!
Av/Sig:Me
TheChronicler
NarniaWeb Junkie

Miraz

Postby therinca » Sep 05, 2009 4:02 am

Thank you for the nice reviews :) All of the above icons are very lovely, too.

Some more of Miraz:
Image Image Image Image Image
"Things never happen the same way twice, dear one."
LiveJournal
therinca
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Caelyn » Sep 05, 2009 10:23 am

*blinks* New forum?!?! Shows how long I've been gone from NWeb. >.>

It's nice...I like it. Anyways, AVVIES!

Image Image
Caelyn
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby NothinButNarnia » Sep 05, 2009 10:45 am

wow, love seeing all these oldies coming back!

lover of narnia: love your coloring, my favorite is #8
Beginte: I really like your textures, where did you get them, esp. #5
flambeau: awesome avies, love the text, fits perfectly!!!
kate: my fav is #1, i love the clock idea!
HM: like the colors you used and repetition, very simple, yet elegant.
wunderkind: i like how you softened the pictures, nice touch!
Starkat: LOL, love the father christmas one, very cute
Chronicler: my favs ore #3 and #12, but they are all amazing!
therinca: I like all of them, they carry Miraz's attitude very well!
Caelyn: love the fonts, and the brush you used for the Susan one!

Here are my favorite oldies ;;)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
av / sig by me, PM if you want one
saw the movie opening weekend and cried at the end!
Jesus DIED for ME and YOU!
NothinButNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby greenleaf23 » Sep 05, 2009 2:18 pm

Wonderful avies everyone! They're all great :ymapplause: I'm sorry I don't have time to comment, but everyone really is doing a great job.

Here are three quick ones from me. I played around with the same picture (I actually still have a few more to upload :ymblushing: ) so they're all just a little different.

Image Image Image
Avi by Visionsbeyond/Awesome sig by Flambeau! NW Sis:Jay
LiveJournal (not really too terribly empty anymore :P)
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Follower of Aslan » Sep 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Well, I still cannot figure out how to put one of my avatars in here... :(

But I can comment on all the wonderful stuff! :D

Geat BBC batch, Princess Anna! I absolutely love the second one there, the blending is awesome! :ymapplause: Oh, more later! I love the eight on this one especially. It is always great to see old photos like this! ;)

Gymfan, it is always great to see your artwork! All of it is great, of course, but my faves are #5, #7, #9, #10, and #11! :)

Narnialover101 - Great work! Your designs always amaze me. =; The second and fifth are my favorites.

starkat - Wonderful! It is always great to see a batch from you! ;)

Nah, not poor offerings, Valia! I like them! Keep it up! :)

Beginte, as always, great stuff! Wonderful cropping especially this time. :) - as for this page, I love them again. :) Neat brush on the last one!

Okie! (or should I say, Daylight) - wonderful brushes! I absolutely love your colorings, they stand out so much! I have saved the second. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: The seventh is really interesting to me, I never would have done that but it looks great! I especially love the coloring on the tenth and eleventh. ;) And again, great cropping on your next batch on the same page.

RevelinginWonder - Your designs are great! The effect you used on the eigth is very unique! =;

therinca - Wonderful work! The third and fourth are my favorites! Great simplicity! ;) I also am admiring the Miraz ones on this page, the cropping/design of the second one is very good!

lover of narnia - I love your coloring! Numbers seven and eight are very powerful, and I love the colors and blending! :ymapplause: - Great work again on the next batch on this page. I love your colors and design on the third, and the sixth also has great colors. I love the lighting on the eigth! :ymapplause:

flambeau! great to see you here! I love your text, and I was hoping someone would use that picture soon! :ymapplause:

Kate? Is that really Kate? :-o Wow! I have not seen you in a long time! Good to see you back! :) :ymhug: I love the second you posted! *saves*

I love your design on that one, Swanwhite! I think that would look beautiful on other pictures also. Keep it up! :ymapplause:

Yay! Wunderkind! :D Great designs on the first, and I love the lighting/colors on the third. The fifth has a good texture/softness to it! ;)

Chronicler! Your designs are amazing! I love the last one *saves* but all the colors and lighting are great! :ymapplause: *wants to see more*

Yup, pretty different, isn't it? I love your text and tiny text on those, Caelyn! :)

NothingButNarnia - Great work! I especially love the "Moust Victim" one. :D *smiles*
The *official First Follower of Aslan
Keeper of Susan's Grey Coat.
Avy:Badger
Sig:Beautiful_ltdwn
Follower of Aslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Caelyn » Sep 05, 2009 4:35 pm

Some old avvies from me:

Image Image Image Image Image
Caelyn
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Gymfan15 » Sep 05, 2009 9:43 pm

Here's a few of my animated avatars...I've found that when you post a bunch of animated gifs together, they tend to cancel each other out, so I'm only posting five. :p

Image. . . . .Image. . . . .Image
Image. . . . .Image

You can find a bunch more of these here. :)

All credits and resources can be found here
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

PreviousNext