This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Comatose: Lucy & Aslan Wallpaper

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Comatose: Lucy & Aslan Wallpaper

Postby Aslanisthebest » May 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Well, I've really been into the song "Comatose" by Skillet and hearing it the other day, the concept art of Lucy and Aslan reminded me of the song so I made this up.

It's very simple, but that's sort of what I was going for. (Actually, I had made a nicer one but GIMP decided to give and then I lost it but I tried re-make it as best I could.)

Click > http://i43.tinypic.com/64nxg7.jpg

Comments and constructive criticsm make my day. :) Please don't claim as your own here or eslewhere...
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comatose: Lucy & Aslan Wallpaper

Postby wild rose » May 05, 2010 9:58 am

Wow, I liked it, looks really cool to me. Good job
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Meltintalle » May 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Very nice design, Bella. I like the text. I'm always amazed at how nicely song quotes work in wallpaper designs, but I can never think any up myself.
(It's too bad GIMP lost your previous version! I hope this one is just as nice--or better!)

If I could change any one thing, I'd take out the bright row of pixels at the top of the concept art. It keeps drawing the eye away from the rest of the pictures. :)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Aslanisthebest » May 06, 2010 5:51 pm

Thanks so much for the comments, wild rose and Mel! =]

Ah, that's true, Mel... that does grab attention. I hadn't noticed that, thanks! *goes to edit it*
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby greenbird37 » May 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Amazing work...the coloring is superb and the words fit well!! Good job!! :ymapplause:
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lion's Emblem » May 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Nice wp Aslanisthebest. Hmm, I almost feel like you don't even need the two side greyscale images. The center image along with the text just says so much on its own. The BG color works really well with the coloration in the concept art image. Text works superbly with your choice of imagery: in context, layout, coloration, and font. I'm not much for the color patch behind the bottom line of text. It becomes a bit distracting sitting right next to the ends of the text (especially with the tangent created with the 'u'). I think having this line of text be in italics emphasizes the idea enough without the addition of the color behind it. A strong concept with great text and imagery to match. Nice work :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic