This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Darkness to the Dawn

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

The Darkness to the Dawn

Postby narnialover101 » Apr 08, 2010 2:49 pm

I got inspired by the lyrics to the song "When I'm Gone" by Randy Newman, and therefor decided to make a wallpaper using them.

CLICK TO ENLARGE

It's not my favorite piece, but I thought it turned out decently well. Your thoughts and comments are appreciated!

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)
Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)
narnialover101
Moderator Emeritus
Narniaweb's Resident Peter Pan Gone Gangsta'

Re: The Darkness to the Dawn

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Apr 08, 2010 3:17 pm

I like it. It's not something that I would generally like, but something about it just tugs at me and makes me look for a little longer. I think it's the lyrics. They fit super well.

Good job! :)
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Lucy P. » Apr 08, 2010 4:09 pm

I really love the caps you picked and the lyrics fit perfectly! I also love the coloring; it's warm, which is an interesting choice for a sad piece but I think it works because it's soft.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lucy P.
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnia Girl » Apr 08, 2010 5:09 pm

I love the soft coloring, I think it fits well, and the lyrics fit great! I really like it! :ymapplause: Good job!
Founder of the Dragon Fan Club - PM me to join!
Team Hoodie!
I've met Michael English!
Avie and sig by theprincessspy.
Narnia Girl
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Follower of Aslan » Apr 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Great idea NL101! I like the overall layout, as well as the colors used. A little too much pinksih, IMO, but the text is fantastic. Great placements, size, and type, etc. I always love seeing pictures from the end of PC, so keep it up!!

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
The *official First Follower of Aslan
Keeper of Susan's Grey Coat.
Avy:Badger
Sig:Beautiful_ltdwn
Follower of Aslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnia_lover127 » Apr 09, 2010 3:03 pm

That is really pretty! Text really fits with the pictures you chose and your coloring is really amazing! Love it!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch,Peter~Lucy

Avvie,sig:me!
narnia_lover127
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lion's Emblem » Apr 09, 2010 9:07 pm

Nice wp narnialover101. Design and layout look good, simple and effective. Text and imagery work superbly together as well as perfectly for the concept of the piece. On terms of text, coloration and font choices work well. I think that the overall layout of the text works nicely as well, in the three tier format. However, I personally feel like the second line of text at the top is just a little too close to the edge of the piece (just a bit visually distracting for me, as it appears to be a tangent with the edge of the piece when I looks at other areas). Personally, I feel like the coloration is a bit too much on the pastel side, especially in the pinkish areas, but it does seem to be quite a subjective thing. My favorite part of this wp is the bottom image matched with the last line of text. The look Peter gives over his shoulder is such a perfect matchup conceptually and visually with the text (it just says so much). A strong concept with great text and imagery to match. Nice work :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby greenbird37 » Apr 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Love the coloring and the words fit perfectly...love it! Nice job! :ymapplause:
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby lover of narnia » Apr 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Nice Wallpaper narnialover101. I like the frame you used, and the coloring of the blue and pink and purple. It's very pretty. I like the text, and the quotes fit nicely with what you had in mind. Though I think maybe a picture of Aslan, Susan and Peter my had been more suited for the top, but that's only my opinion. ;) Very nice job :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnialover101 » Apr 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks so much for all your comments! :D

Lion's Emblem wrote: I personally feel like the second line of text at the top is just a little too close to the edge of the piece (just a bit visually distracting for me, as it appears to be a tangent with the edge of the piece when I looks at other areas). Personally, I feel like the coloration is a bit too much on the pastel side, especially in the pinkish areas, but it does seem to be quite a subjective thing.
I see your point about the text, however, I'm not sure there was any other way to fit it into the piece without making it close to the edge. At least not without shrink/chopping the text, which I didn't really want to do. The piece is very pastel-ish, but I'm not sure why that's such a bad thing; I was going for a more muted piece, after all. I can understand it if you don't like pastels though ;))

lover of narnia wrote: Though I think maybe a picture of Aslan, Susan and Peter may have been more suited for the top, but that's only my opinion. ;) Very nice job :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
I think I agree with you there. However, I'm not sure there IS such a picture, although I haven't really looked.

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)
Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)
narnialover101
Moderator Emeritus
Narniaweb's Resident Peter Pan Gone Gangsta'