This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Anna WP - Colorful World

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Anna WP - Colorful World

Postby Djaq » Apr 06, 2010 11:31 am

Hey there!

Here are some wallpapers of Anna Popplewell that I made a couple days ago. I was just messing around with the picture and decided to make something bigger than an avatar and this is what I came up with. ;))
I couldn't think of any text other than what I have on it now, and I hope that it fits well enough.
As usual, I can't simply make one wallpaper, I have to do it at least two different ways, so here are three. :P

C&CC much appreciated! :)

~Djaq
When things fall apart, be glue.

Team Hoodie!!
Djaq
Moderator Emeritus
Djaq Of All Trades

Re: Anna WP - Colorful World

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 06, 2010 12:29 pm

I have to say I like 2 the best, but 3 and 1 are really close behind. I like the textures/ colors you used and I think the quote in #1 fits perfectly. Great Job :ymapplause:
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby LadyGrace » Apr 06, 2010 1:56 pm

Oh wow! I love those! My favorite is #1. But I REALLY like those wallies! I really like the way you did the coloring. Awesome! :ymapplause:
LadyGrace
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Apr 07, 2010 7:29 pm

I like the concept alot. The coloring (on the colored part :) ) is very beautiful.

The concept may have been strengthened by a fading out of the edges of the circle, as it would then look like a beam of light is shining on the colored bit, but that's just my opinion. The only part that really bothers me about the circle is that Anna's arm is cut off.

Keep it up! :ymapplause:
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Narnia Girl » Apr 08, 2010 7:22 am

*gasps* Those are beautiful! *saves all three* I love how you did the coloring! I like the text too! Keep up your great work!
Founder of the Dragon Fan Club - PM me to join!
Team Hoodie!
I've met Michael English!
Avie and sig by theprincessspy.
Narnia Girl
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lucy P. » Apr 08, 2010 4:12 pm

I love all the versions! The picture is one of my favorites of Anna and you've done such a wonderful job of transforming in into a wallie!
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lucy P.
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnia_lover127 » Apr 09, 2010 3:00 pm

those are all really pretty!! i really love the last one. Great colors, textures and text! Lovely job :ymapplause:
or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch,Peter~Lucy

Avvie,sig:me!
narnia_lover127
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lion's Emblem » Apr 09, 2010 9:28 pm

A nice set (well, variations I suppose) of wps Djaq. I can't decide on which piece is working the most effectively for me. I do like the fact of having the greyscale BG with the building, but I also like the effect of having the plain BG with focus on the circular image. I kinda feel like I want to see a fourth wp that blends a few more of the elements that you already have in these three versions. For example, a greyscale BG (like the BG in piece three) with the colored circular image of Anna and the "my colorful world" text. At first, I was at a toss up on this text in its usage in the first wp. I didn't make much sense to me to be a "colorful" world with a greyscale BG. Then I thought about the text just focusing on the "life inside the colored bubble", but that just came off as being a self-centered effect, which I'm sure is not the idea that you had intended. The "bubble" effect to the image is great and works on all three pieces. It works quite nicely against a greyscale BG, a nice contrast. Hmm, I do think that I'd like to see another piece mixing these variables. What is happening right now in the wps is working and I'd like to see more of it. Nice work on all three variations :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby lover of narnia » Apr 13, 2010 4:12 pm

These are BEAUTIFUL Djaq!! I always love that you give us more than one version, each different, but ALL wonderful. Your coloring is superb, rich and vibrant, and very "springy". The font you used is perfect! The cursive hand looks nice with the big picture. I like the blank and white, with just the small circle of color around Anna. The text, "My colorful world" is very fitting and I like it. Coupled also with it, is that is one of my fave pics of her! :D I really like number 2 as well, it's simple, with no text, yet just has gorgeous as one without it.

Three is wonderful with the frame and a all color image. I really like the effect of a red glow under the text and frame is very nice as well. A pretty light blue. ;;) Wonderful, wonderful job with all three. I like 1 and 3 the best but 2 is just as good! :) I'm going to have to save!! I hope you don't mind me using them as my desktop

Great job! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Djaq » Apr 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Thank you all very much for the comments!! :D :ymhug:

sweeet wrote:The concept may have been strengthened by a fading out of the edges of the circle, as it would then look like a beam of light is shining on the colored bit, but that's just my opinion.

Hmm, I had not thought of that. I'm not sure how it would have worked out, but it is a good idea! I don't think that I saved the wallpaper as a project, so I can't change it now. :(

Emblem wrote:For example, a greyscale BG (like the BG in piece three) with the colored circular image of Anna and the "my colorful world" text.

I really like that idea! I might be able to do that...I'll see what wallpapers I saved and how I can edit them now. ;)) :)

Emblem wrote:Then I thought about the text just focusing on the "life inside the colored bubble", but that just came off as being a self-centered effect, which I'm sure is not the idea that you had intended.

It was intended to focus inside the "bubble". I did not do it with a self-centered idea in mind. It is more like...The "world" is greyscale and you can bring color to it. By "color", I mean more like "happiness". Does that make sense? It's something that makes sense in my head but I can't describe it. ;)) :ymblushing:

Becca wrote:I'm going to have to save!! I hope you don't mind me using them as my desktop

I don't mind at all! I'm excited that you'd like to use it! :D Thank you! :ymhug:

Again, thank you all for the comments and criticism!

~Djaq
When things fall apart, be glue.

Team Hoodie!!
Djaq
Moderator Emeritus
Djaq Of All Trades