This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

What Happened Here? (PC WP)

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

What Happened Here? (PC WP)

Postby Lucy P. » Apr 04, 2010 3:49 pm

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_e4Gy_w75heA/S ... atheck.png
^I've tried to convey the confusion the Pevensies felt upon discovering ruined Paravel.
Tell me what you think!
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lucy P.
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: What Happened Here? (PC WP)

Postby HM Swanwhite » Apr 04, 2010 8:30 pm

That is an excellent WP. :) :ymapplause: :D You have captured it perfectly - I love the separation of the three pics and they black and white/colour design. The text is perfect and I love how you made some of it blurry to go with what you're saying. Lovely font and I like how you made the last line stand out. Lovely colouring too and choice of pictures. I also just noticed and like how you made the black and white pictures kind of hazy.

Excellent job!!! :D This is a fantastic and well-thought out wallpaper that portrays their confusion perfectly. :D Love it. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby greenbird37 » Apr 04, 2010 8:43 pm

It totally captures the emotion they felt and you did them absolutely perfectly...wonderful job! :ymapplause:
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnia Girl » Apr 05, 2010 3:53 pm

It totally captures the emotion...I love the pic you used, I can just see all the confusion on the expression on Ed's face. The text fits perfectly, and I think the section that was black and white turned out perfect too! Great job! I always enjoy your WPs. *saves*

Oh, and btw, I really like your avie and sig as well! :D The coloring is cool.
Founder of the Dragon Fan Club - PM me to join!
Team Hoodie!
I've met Michael English!
Avie and sig by theprincessspy.
Narnia Girl
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby LadyGrace » Apr 06, 2010 1:56 pm

Oh cool! That is so cool! I like the way you did the text Where did you get those pictures? I really like em! :D
LadyGrace
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lion's Emblem » Apr 06, 2010 8:17 pm

Great wp Lucy P. Overall design and layout look good. I like the idea of using a setup of a three tier imagery layout. Though, it might be nice to see a bit more "overhang" in the bottom image as opposed to the top. I say this because, in the case of matting, it's usually more visually pleasing to see a bit more of border at the bottom of the piece than more at the top. In this case, there seems to be more of the imagery (in cropping) up top so it becomes 'top heavy'. Perhaps if there was a black border line at the bottom as well as the top or a slightly different cropping choice (I know, everyone has their own preferences). It's also looks great having the main center image be in color with the top and bottom images in greyscale. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the two greyscale images seem to have a bit of a haze or bluriness to them, which works out superbly with the concept of the piece.
Your choice of concept for the piece is great and you have chosen perfect imagery to match. Text also works well in matchup to the imagery: conceptually, in font choice, layout, and coloration. It might be nice to see another deisgn element to the text to match the effect on "it's just not clear". Maybe it's a bit cliche, but I feel like the word "haze" should have a blurred effect to it, as a conceptual idea as well as to lead into the next phrase.
A conceptually strong and visually appealing piece. Nice work :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnia_lover127 » Apr 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Very nice!! i think you really captured their confusion about what had happened. Love the black and white pictures on top and bottom with the middle in color. REally great job!!

Also, i love your avvie and sig!
or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch,Peter~Lucy

Avvie,sig:me!
narnia_lover127
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Courage » Apr 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Oh wow! Love the composition, colors, and pictures. And now that I have a widescreen wallpaper, I can't really use it. lol Too bad! Very nice! Totally captures the emotions they were feeling.
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D