This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

LWW /PC Playing Cards - Updated 6/25

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

LWW /PC Playing Cards - Updated 6/25

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Mar 17, 2010 6:08 pm

As I promised, I have been working on my line of playing cards. So far I have one done. I’m going to post more to this thread as I get them done. C and CC appreciated. I can’t decide if I like them with a boarder around the picture or not. Please let me know what you think. Unless otherwise stated, all movie images are from Sparoom.net.

Image Image

%%- Happy St. Patrick's Day %%-
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Re: LWW /PC Playing Cards

Postby GeorgieXOXOsmile » Mar 17, 2010 8:21 pm

I like this set! This was a really good idea! I think the border around the picture makes it look more like a real card. :)
GeorgieXOXOsmile
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Movie Aristotle » Mar 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Excellent! Keep them coming. I wonder who the King of Hearts will be? Hmm... I am now anticipating...
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby lover of narnia » Mar 18, 2010 4:51 pm

How very sweet Pattertwigs Pal,! I like how you matched it, A for Aslan and the image is ever so touching. I love the heart around him and the border is very nice too! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Keep it coming! I can't wait for the Kings and Queens!

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Mar 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks for the comments. I decided to go with the boarder around the pictures. The picture with this new one got sort of lost without it. It will take me awhile to get to the Kings and Queens because I’m doing the Aces first.
I captured the image for this one myself. I couldn’t center the outline of the spade because it covered Aslan’s face. C and CC appreciated.
Edit: Here is another one.
Edit 2: The last Ace – next comes the kings :D
Pattertwigs Pal

Re: LWW /PC Playing Cards - Updated 3/21

Postby GeorgieXOXOsmile » Mar 28, 2010 8:15 pm

^I like the pictures of Aslan you picked. Where do you get your pictures from? Any certain websites?
GeorgieXOXOsmile
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby HM Swanwhite » Mar 29, 2010 7:30 pm

What a neat idea! :D They look really great. The white border definitely makes them look more like an actual card. ;) I also, shall look forward to seeing the Kings and Queens. :p You could try and even make one suit the evil one or something having Miraz and Jadis etc. Just an idea!

GeorgieXOXOsmile she says up the top that unless otherwise stated images are from spareoom.net and in the post above yours Pattertwigs Pal screencapped one of the pics herself. ;)
Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnian1 » Apr 02, 2010 6:15 pm

great job, the club is my favorite. best one of them all IMO. great job with all. :ymapplause:
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Kings!

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Apr 06, 2010 5:44 pm

HM Swanwhite wrote:You could try and even make one suit the evil one or something having Miraz and Jadis etc. Just an idea!
I did consider that, but I wasn’t sure how it would look having Miraz and Jadis paired together. I have so many ideas it was hard to decide what to do. Miraz and Jadis will make appearance but I’m not saying where yet. (By the way thanks for answering GeorgieXOXOsmile’s question.)

GeorgieXOXOsmile, I did play around with the color and/ or lighting on the Ace of spades and Ace of clubs.

I have all four kings done. (Finally :p ) I captured the image of Peter on the King of diamonds myself.
Image Image
Image Image

Believe it or not, there is actually a method to my madness on the designing of the cards and who is where. I don’t know if my reasoning will make sense to anyone else, but I thought I’d explain anyway. So I don’t bore or confuse people with what is going on in my head, I’ll do it in stages. I picked Aslan for the Aces because he is Narnia’s ace in the hole so to speak. Since aces are higher than Kings (at least some of the time), it made sense for Aslan to be the ace. When aces are low, I can also make it work because Aslan humbled himself (thus making himself low) by dying in Edmund’s place. Each movie has two suits one black and one red. I picked Aslan on the stone table for the Ace of hearts because he was showing his love. I tried to show different sides of Aslan’s personality and capture what he did to help in the movies. I picked pictures from their coronation because the children looked like royalty. I chose the pictures from the ruins to show how things have changed since LWW (the pictures of the Kings (and Queens) are from Cair Paravel either intact or in ruins. I also wanted to show that it really doesn’t matter what the kings and queens wear. I had want to show them in exactly the same spots i.e. where the thrones were for both movies, but I couldn’t get a decent picture of Edmund or Lucy in PC. The brief scene that shows them where the thrones were and facing the camera always comes out blurry. So I decided to use pictures that were from the general area. That ended up working alright because I really didn’t like any of the pictures of Peter on his throne.

The queens will be next. I’m not sure when.
Pattertwigs Pal

Re: LWW /PC Playing Cards - Updated 4/6

Postby HM Swanwhite » Apr 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Wow! Very cool Pattertwigs Pal! I love your explanation for the Aslan pics too. You've obviously thought very deeply about this. :)
Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

Queens!

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » May 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Wow, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted something new. I got distracted with other stuff :ymblushing: and took some time to create templates. Here are the four queens. I captured the image of Susan on the Queen of Diamonds.
Image Image
Image Image
Pattertwigs Pal

Re: LWW /PC Playing Cards - Updated 5/19

Postby DamselJillPole » May 22, 2010 12:00 am

I love these playing cards. I would so play with them. I agree that the white border makes them look like actual playing cards. Out of the Aslan cards I like the first one in your second post the best. I love the colors and the sun shining on him.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ChristProclamer » May 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Love these. So pretty, and they do look like they could be packaged, sold and used for real.
Well done!
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby AncientEgyptFan » May 25, 2010 5:54 am

These cards are really cool! Great job on them! I especially like the queen ones. :ymapplause:
NarniaWeb sib:Narnia_Fan12
AncientEgyptFan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnian1 » May 26, 2010 10:03 am

Again nice cards.
clubs and diamonds again are my favorite for both Kings and Queens :ymapplause:
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: LWW /PC Playing Cards - Updated 6/25

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jun 25, 2010 6:56 pm

Here are the Jacks. The image of Orieus is from NarniaWeb. I always think of Jacks as being kind of like a knight or a second in command type, so I chose characters that were close to the kings and queens in some way. Caspian is with Peter and Susan because Caspian is king under the High King NOT because of Caspian and Susan. I'm not sure of the one with Reep. I really like that pose but the picture is rather monochromatic.
Image Image
Image Image
I’m not sure if I’m going to do the Jokers or the tens next. I’m not sure what font to use for the numbers because the Narnia font doesn’t have any numbers. Any suggestions? I’m not sure when I’ll get the next installment done. I want to do a couple of VDT things before I do the next set of cards so I’m not sure when I’ll post next but more will be coming.
Comments and constructive criticism welcome.
Pattertwigs Pal

Next