This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Don't mess with the Mouse WP

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Don't mess with the Mouse WP

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Feb 26, 2010 7:41 pm

Here is a wallpaper I made of Reep. I'm not sure if I should do all of the text like I did the word "Mouse" or not. C and CC appreciated. I'm rather new to making wallpaper so suggestions are welcome. Feel free to use it as your background if you like it.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Re: Don't mess with the Mouse WP

Postby Lion's Emblem » Feb 26, 2010 10:07 pm

Nice wp Pattertwigs Pal. The concept idea is great, it's nice to see a visual variety of Reepicheep's feats in PC. Overall design and layout look good. Persoanlly, I would have allowed for just a bit more of a border along the outer edge, but that's just me. The montaging of imagery works well for a layout and it's nice to see non-pixely imagery (not an easy task in the case of available Reepicheep imagery). Text works well for the concept of the piece. Font choices, layout, and design of the text all look good as well. I'm glad to see that there is a change in the design of the text on "mouse", adds a nice emphasis. I feel that the lighting on "mouse" is interferring a bit with the main image of Reep, it's just a bit distracting on a visual level. I understand why you have the text laid out where it is, I wouldn't change that, but perhaps a bit of resizing of the text might help this overlapping. Nice work :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby greenbird37 » Feb 26, 2010 10:30 pm

This is great! The way all the scenes are together..just wonderful! Dont mess with the mouse!! :)
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Feb 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Lion's Emblem wrote: I'm glad to see that there is a change in the design of the text on "mouse", adds a nice emphasis. I feel that the lighting on "mouse" is interferring a bit with the main image of Reep, it's just a bit distracting on a visual level. I understand why you have the text laid out where it is, I wouldn't change that, but perhaps a bit of resizing of the text might help this overlapping. Nice work :ymapplause: .
And I'm glad your glad of the emphasis. ;)) I though it was nice that way but I also wanted the text to stand out as a sort of like a warning. I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out where to put "Mouse" I had trouble with Reep's whiskers on that side so I wanted to hide a little of that but not detract from him either.
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby Quinlin » Mar 01, 2010 10:05 pm

That's a really cute wallpaper, Patterwigs Pal! It brings together some of my favorite Reepicheep moments throughout the film. I really like the pictures you chose and their placement, especially the main one on the bottom of the screen.

The words are a little bright and overpowering for me personally, but that's my only CC. Other than that, you did a great job! :)
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Postby narnia_lover127 » Mar 03, 2010 8:05 am

that is great!! i love the pictures, all showing very good reasons not to 'mess with the mouse' . Like the sparkle on reep in the bottom right pic and really cool font on 'mouse'. great job :ymapplause:
or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch,Peter~Lucy

Avvie,sig:me!
narnia_lover127
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Mar 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Quinlin wrote:The words are a little bright and overpowering for me personally, but that's my only CC. Other than that, you did a great job! :)
You should have seen them before I toned them down. ;)) I wanted them to stand out like a warning.

Thanks everyone for your comments. :)

I forgot to mention in the first post that I got the imagines from Spareoom.net. :ymblushing: Sorry Gymfan.
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby lover of narnia » Mar 18, 2010 5:13 pm

How cute Pattertwigs Pal,!! This is indeed a nice wally! Your choice of images is very nice and I love the bold text declaring "Don't Mess with the Mouse!" :D I really like the images on the second line, especially that one of Reep in the purple back-round. A very nice image. Good job! :ymapplause:

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby GeorgieXOXOsmile » Mar 22, 2010 8:02 pm

That's really cute! :) I love it! Great work.
GeorgieXOXOsmile
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby HM Swanwhite » Mar 28, 2010 8:20 pm

Great font and text! The pictures are really great and I love the background. Also great cutting of Reepicheep. Really love the text :p - quite hilarious and that picture of Reep backs it up well. Keep up the great work! :)
Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru