This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

"Fresh Start" Wallpaper Contest!!!!!!!

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Re: "Fresh Start" Wallpaper Contest!!!!!!!

Postby Kate » Sep 26, 2009 12:54 pm

Great job everyone! A special congrats is in order for Djaq and also for Maddy, Daylight, and FoA.
Kate
Moderator Emeritus
DJ Mod

Postby pogginfan » Sep 26, 2009 1:01 pm

A huge and special congrats to Djaq, Maddy, Daylight, and FoA! :ymapplause:
And a congrats to everyone who participated. Each and every one of these works are fantastic, and I really have been amazed at the talent displayed. :) :ymapplause:
Incredible work! Congratulations to everyone! :ymapplause:

Avy by ValiantArcher, sig by hyaline12. Thank you!
pogginfan
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Sep 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Wow! I loved coming in here while the contest was going on to see all of the new wallpapers you guys had posted.

Congrats to the winners! Awesome job. Your inventiveness concerning the theme is really neat.
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Mar In Narnia » Sep 26, 2009 2:51 pm

Big congratulations to Djaq, Miss Adventure, Daylight and Follower of Aslan! You've all done an amazing job :D
An also congrats to all my fellow contestants, you've done a great job too :)
Thanks to malkah for the lovely avatar!
Mar In Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby CSLewisNarnia » Sep 26, 2009 3:30 pm

Wow, I am amzed at how much creativiy was in these!

Gymmie: That one looks so wonderful like an old photo, and a pleasant faded type of atmosphere to it. :)

Follower of Aslan : Yours is so beautiful! And I like how you thought of "A fresh start in Narnia"
Anna : I love it! I can guess why you chose the pictures. And a lovely meaning to fresh start.
Daylight: Very pretty. :) I like how you placed the luminous "Fresh start" on the kids.
ALittleMoreSonic: Oh! Thats Gorgeous! I love the verse too.
Mar in Narnia: I cannot tell you how original I thought that was. It added a new idea to the scene.
Kate: :O You left me speechless when I first saw that! My goodness, its gorgeous! I love the way Aslan is faded in the scene, yet in the center. It is a very beautiful wallpaper.
Edisk: I like the collage look you gave it. And the text is a wonderful colour, and very creative.
Starsy: I love it! The morning look you gave it. It is so creative! When I saw it, I remembered how it was literally a "fresh start" in the book.
Poggy: WOW! Its so beautiful! I love the wording, and the blue atmosphere in it.
loper42: Oh! The colouring on that is Gorgeous! The hues and mixes of colours are amazing.
lilsis_lucy: Woah. That is a wonderful wallpaper! I love the oil paint effect you used, and the colours are simply gorgeous.
Wunderkind_Lucy: Ohh. The colouring on is amazing! Everything looks so clear and "fresh". I love that porcelain effect you gave to it.
LadyGrace: I love the faded effect on the pictures near the left and bottom. It's a beautiful wallpaper, and very creative.
nz_narnia_nut: Wow! I never looked at that scene in that way. Very Creative, and wonderful. I love the indigo touched to it.
MissAravis: Nice wallpaper. I like the way the text is placed.
NothinbutNarnia: Wonderful wallie! I like the faded pictures in the back, and the colouring in the sky.
LucyP0104: That was very creative! And the way the picture is places, and the little desidns on the bottom are wonderful. A fantastic wallpaper.
Ricasso: Oooh. Very pretty! I like the Lion watermark in the back. A wonderful touch to a wonderful wallpaper.
Patterwig's Pal: Very very creative! And tremndously clear. I love the Way it looks like Aslan is below two layers of paper, giving it a delightful scrapbook look.
greenleaf : I can bet youre was wonderful but the link doesnt work.. =(
hyaline12 : My gosh, thats gorgeous. And Highly creative. Amazing and beautiful.
Djaq: The text is very well done. Neat wallpaper.
MissAdventure: Wow, very creative! I like the scene that you've chosen.
Aitb: Thats a wonderful wallpaper! I like the colouring, and the snowy look you gave it.
eves_daughter: Thats a great wallpaper! I like how it looks like sketches. And the theme of "fresh starts" for it is very creative!

You all did a tremendous job! May you continue to make many more graphics, and may you continue to be the amazing creative graphic designers you all are.

~CSLN
Icon by me. Sister: Aslanisthebest
Every time I think of a quote or witty comment to put here, the quote is not so spectacular and the comment is not so witty.
CSLewisNarnia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MissAdventure » Sep 26, 2009 4:17 pm

Oh my, wow! Thank you all so much! :ymblushing: Huge congratulations to Djaq especially, and to Daylight and Follower! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Hurray, now I can comment on everything! :D

Gymfan, beautiful job! I love the picture and meaning it gives to the text!
Follower, I love the black and white! The text and fonts are awesome, great work!
Princess Anna, neat choice of pictures! I love how they fit the text!
Daylight, gorgeous coloring! I love the texture(s?) and text! I think it's really neat how the bottom part is fading away! :D
ALittleMoreSonic, nice job! I like your choice of image! It's very original!
Mar, I love it! The scene perfectly fits the text!
Kate, amazing job! I love the text/quote... is it from anything? It really struck me, and this wallpaper is currently decorating my screen! :D
Edmund_is_King, interesting blending! I like the coloring on the middle picture!
Starsy, I love that quote! You illustrated it really well!
pogginfan, neat text! Where's it from? I love the coloring on that image!
loper42, awesome blending! I've always loved that picture!!
lilsis, great blending! I love the text!!
Wunder, beautiful job! I love how smooth and soft her skin is!!
LadyGrace, great job! The blending looks great and I love the images you used! (And welcome to NarniaWeb!! :) )

nz, that's really original! I like it a lot! The font is lovely too!
MissAravis, I love the colors and the text!! The text is so perfect!!
NothinButNarnia, great job! I like the blending!
LP0104, lovely job! I love the image and the repeating text in back!!
Ricasso, I love that moment! Great job!
Pattertwig's Pal, great job! I like how you put Aslan in the middle of all those events!
greenleaf, sorry, I can't see yours. :(
hyaline12, I love the text! That's very creative! :)
Djaq, lovely job! I love how it hints at his changed heart that's soon to come! :)
Bella, I love your take on the theme! It's really sweet! Oh, and I so get that Fudge Striped Cookie! (Love that book!! ;) )
eves_daughter, I really like the super white coloring! The blending is awesome too!

Thank you all again! I feel so honored! :ymblushing:
She hoped to be wise and reasonable in time; but alas!
She must confess to herself that she was not wise yet.

Call me Maddy! | my livejournal
Proud Attolian Recruiter
MissAdventure
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby loper42 » Sep 26, 2009 5:11 pm

A special congrats to Djaq!!!! along with Maddy, Daylight, and Follower! Everyone has done a fantastic job. I agree with sweetlilgurlie, it was fun to see all the new wallpapers posted ever so often. There were so many fantastic one's, I can honestly say I don't have a favorite. :)

Photobucket
Livejournal
loper42
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnia Girl » Sep 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Congrats Djaq, your wallpaper was gorgeous! :ymapplause: :ymhug:

It was so much fun to see all the different wallpapers - they were all lovely! Everyone did a marvelous job! :ymapplause:
Founder of the Dragon Fan Club - PM me to join!
Team Hoodie!
I've met Michael English!
Avie and sig by theprincessspy.
Narnia Girl
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MissAravis » Sep 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Awesome job everyone!!! Djaq, HUGE congrats to you! :ymhug: Your blending and text is amazing!!
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Aslanisthebest » Sep 27, 2009 3:13 pm

Conga-rats to Djaq, Maddy, Daylight and Follower! :)

All the wallpapers in here were really wonderful, and everyone did a great job! :ymapplause:

(Maddy, yes, I do believe you get a Fudge Striped cookie. It was guessed that you would get where it was from. ;) )
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Sep 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Congrats to the winners!
I don't have time to comment, but I did want to say that anyone is welcome to use my wallpaper for their computers. It is the wrong size for my computer :(( so I would be extremely happy if someone could use it. (I did modify it for my screen size, but it would be nice if someone could use it in the original size :) ).
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Follower of Aslan » Sep 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Oh! *laughs* I didn't see that I had been listed until now! :D

Great work everyone!!!!!

Especially Djaq, I have to say. I was really admiring yours. ;)

And thanks for all the lovely comments, everyone! :ymblushing:
The *official First Follower of Aslan
Keeper of Susan's Grey Coat.
Avy:Badger
Sig:Beautiful_ltdwn
Follower of Aslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby NothinButNarnia » Sep 28, 2009 9:56 am

Congratulations everyone!!! Your wallies are amazing! :D
av / sig by me, PM if you want one
saw the movie opening weekend and cried at the end!
Jesus DIED for ME and YOU!
NothinButNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ALittleMoreSonic » Sep 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Congrats to everybody! :ymapplause:
ALittleMoreSonic
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby flambeau » Sep 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Simply lovely work everyone!! I had a very difficult time narrowing down my favorites to only 4!! There were SO many good wallpapers to choose from! :ymapplause:

Congratulations to our winners, Djaq, Maddy, Daylight, and Follower! You all did an amazing job! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Page #1...

Gymfan, I love the coloring! The border/fade around the edges is a wonderful touch as well!
Follower, excellent image and text choices! I love the sepia toned coloring!
Princess Anna, I love your image choices! They tell Edmund's story perfectly! Very nice blending as well!
Daylight, wonderful coloring! I also love the text design! Wonderful use of textures!
A.L.M.S., I love the bible verse you chose! It fits perfectly with that scene! Great background as well!
Mar, simply lovely idea! The blurred background is wonderful! I love your font choice!
Kate, superb blending and shading! I love it!
Edisk, ooh! I love how you used the blended images to tell the whole story! Such a neat idea to have them all on top of the map!
Starsy, stunning quote choice! The subtle blur effect is wonderful!
poggin, lovely coloring! The different text sizes are an excellent idea!
loper, I love the blending and tone of the image! The text placement (with it going behind Edmund) is wonderful!
lilsis, wonderful painted effect! I love the text! Did you write it yourself?
WunderLu, beautiful coloring and blending! Using Lucy's first glimpse of Narnia as the focus of the WP was a wonderful idea!
LadyGrace, first off, welcome to NWeb!! I hope you enjoy it here! Wonderful work on your wallpaper! The subtle blending is excellent!

Page #2...

nz_nut, it's lovely! The coloring is wonderful, and I actually really like the blur effect! It very unique!
MissAravis/Kat, beautiful wallie! The coloring is simply awesome! Wonderful text!
Nothin, excellent textures, blending, and coloring! It's lovely!
LP0104, wonderful textures! I love the design!
Ricasso, perfect image choice! The lion symbol in the background is perfect! I love how it says so much, without having any text on it!
Pattertwig's Pal, I believe you are right, the images do speak for themselves! Wonderful design idea! Very neat idea to use images from both the BBC and Walden movies!
greenleaf, I'm afraid that I'm unable to view yours. :(
hyaline, great design and layout! I also love the unique text choice! The definition is such a neat idea!
Djaq, woah! Simply lovely wallpaper! I absolutely love the text! The blending is flawless, and you choice of imagery works wonderfully!
Maddy, wonderful cropping, coloring, text, and image choice! The text is subtle, yet still noticeable and I like that!
Bella, so cute! I love the text! That is such a lovely picture of Lucy and Tumnus and I love what you did with it!
eves_d, beautiful! I love the almost sketchy effect! Very neat blending as well!

Congratulations again to the winners! Everyone did a wonderful job! :)

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Oct 01, 2009 9:58 am

Thank you to everybody on participating. We hope that you will continue to participate in future contests, one of which should be starting sometime mid-way through the month.

Congratulations to the winners, and to everybody else. I really am proud of the talent we have accrued in this forum.

This thread will now be closed.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Previous