This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Hobbies

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Hobbies

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Jan 05, 2011 3:06 am

- Downloading shows and movies
- Watching Naruto :)

"Two sides of the same coin"
sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jan 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Acting. I'm acting obsessed. And I love to write. And I like reading when I'm in the mood, which I am in now. :D
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby CharlotteRose » Feb 15, 2011 12:16 pm

My hobbies are...
-Singing
-Acting
-Writing (songs, Scripts, Peoms, stories and my Novella!)
-Listning to music
-watching and reviewing films
-Irish Dancing
-Shopping
-Horse riding
-Reading
-Listing to/ Watching/reading/ researching/ dreaming about Narnia!!!!
-Talking to friends
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby SnowAngel » Feb 15, 2011 3:19 pm

My hobbies are...
~Reading ;)
~Photography B-)
~Baking ;;)
~Cooking
~Quilting
~Sewing
~Listening to music
~Watching movies
~Playing video games with my brother B-)
~Going for walks with my family
~Playing with my younger siblings :)
~NarniaWeb :D

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby wild rose » Feb 17, 2011 7:26 am

I have an interesting hobby :) I collect boxes, my sisters tend to poke fun of me because of it, but I don't mind. There is something special about a box for me, it's like a magnet that draws me to it. No box in our home can be thrown away before passing through me for inspection. I have quite a collection on my shelf :) . Anywhere I go if there is a box that doesn't belong to anyone I'll inspect it and chances are I'll take it with me. I've rescued several boxes from the garbage :) and they have a special place in my shelf.....a box to me is not just a box......it's so much more than a box :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby CharlotteRose » Feb 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Boxes...thats cute!
Do you mean like trinket boxes or packages or both? I have a collection of trinket boxes and they are pretty cool :)
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wild rose » Feb 18, 2011 11:08 am

CharlotteRose wrote:Do you mean like trinket boxes or packages or both? I have a collection of trinket boxes and they are pretty cool :)

Both :) if it's got four sides and a lid I'm going to take a closer look and hopefully and it to my collection. Candy boxes are one of my favorite, especially chocalet candy boxes, I used to have a whole bunch until my mom said to get rid of all the junk :| I threw a few away (the ones I wasnt' really attached too) :((
You have a collection of trinket boxes? Awesome :) I would really love to see it :)

Edit: oh I just noticed we've both got 'rose' in our user names :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby TheGeneral » Feb 21, 2011 2:53 pm

That's certainly a unique hobby wild rose :p Are they all pretty small? Seems like you'd run out of room!
I collect and save ticket stubs, so far only tickets I've used, from movies, museums, and anything else that you need a ticket for. ;)

About a year ago I started playing hockey, it's officially a hobby now lol. I play once or twice a week with my cousins, uncles, and grandpa. We often rent indoor ice time 'cause it's more fun. We did two classes last year and this year we signed up for the Adult Hockey Association classes, they start in April and I can't wait!
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lucy85 » Feb 21, 2011 3:16 pm

My hobbies are reading, collecting postcards, playing the piano. I also love researching historical figures, such as the 6 wives of Henry VIII and other people of the Tudor era. Love all things Tudor!
Wrong will be right when Aslan comes in sight / At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more / When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death / And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again
Lucy85
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Feb 25, 2011 9:57 am

recently, I love chatting and reading. They are my top two hobbies of the month.

"Two sides of the same coin"
sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wild rose » Feb 25, 2011 10:05 am

TheGeneral wrote:That's certainly a unique hobby wild rose :p Are they all pretty small? Seems like you'd run out of room!
I collect and save ticket stubs, so far only tickets I've used, from movies, museums, and anything else that you need a ticket for. ;)

ha ha most of my boxes are not very large, some are tiny, I do have a couple bigger ones that I keep under my bed (and under my sister's bed :p ). I am running out of room though, they don't exactly all fit on my shelf anymore, but then everyone is always asking me for boxes, it's a common saying in our house, if you need a box ask wild rose :).

You collect ticket stubs, that sounds cool :) I collect subway (or Metro as we call it in Russian) tickets, I make tablets out of them for weaving, I collect small plastic calendars for the same reason
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby narnia_flowerx » Jun 03, 2011 2:29 pm

I am a very creative person and am obsessed with art! I'm especially into drawing, which I dont do enough of, and scrapbooking. I collect things like buttons and old fashioned stamps which is really interesting :)
I'm also very musical and play the violin, piano and guitar although I'm not very good a this instrument yet but love to learn new songs.
I also like:
Singing
Listening to music
Reading- Narnia, Harry Potter etc
Writing stories
Horseriding
Making cakes!
Hanging out with friends :)
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live like a Narnian even if there isn't any Narnia."— C.S. Lewis (SC)
Shannon Saunders youtube :)
Making my journey into the magical world of Harry Potter..
narnia_flowerx
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Meegosh » Jun 05, 2011 12:35 am

My hobbies are:

• Playing video games (Way too excited for the next elder scrolls (five months to go :) ))
  • Watching films and reading books that I'm probably too old for (Narnia, Harry potter and disney films)
  • Teaching myself web design
  • procrastinating: I know it's not a hobby but I spend so much time doing it and I end up putting off actually achieving something with my life, I watch too much rubbish TV as well

Meegosh
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Narnian_Archer » Jun 11, 2011 1:55 pm

Meegosh, Wow, you teach yourself web design? Must be tough. That's something I'd like to get into sometime...only I don't think I have the patience for it.

I like collecting pictures...of anything that catches my eye: castles, warriors, nature, etc. It's just something I do in my spare time. I also love to draw, but I'm finding less and less time for that these days... :) I also teach myself graphic design and do a bit of writing.
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Puddleglum » Jun 11, 2011 8:46 pm

Currently working on house chores.

Though I wonder if that can be considered a hobby, even if I am using my tools in the shop :-\
Started another wooden cane. Diamond Willow. Like what I see as I remove the bark so far, but there is a bit of soft wood.

Looking at doing some agate hunting on the morrow. As any "rock hound" can attest, they are an elusive prey /:) But my wife and I were out honing our skills, and eyesight, on a local rocky path.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Miss Rosario » Jun 14, 2011 7:27 am

Here are a few of mine:

1. Reading - Haven't been doing that as much as I should lately, but I do enjoy it.
2. Writing - another thing I need to make more time for.
3. Photography
4. Art - I'm a creative person, and looooove drawing, painting, designing, scrapbooking, and working with pastels. :D
5. Music - playing the violin and piano, listening to music, and writing music
6. Baking and cooking
7. Spending time with friends
8. Collecting autographs
9. Shopping
10. Traveling
12. Learning languages

I know there are probably more, but that's what comes to mind. :)

Icon by fireworks123
NW little sister to Windsong
NW twin to Rosie

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci
Miss Rosario
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Wandering Welcomer

PreviousNext