This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

NaNoWriMo 2016

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: NaNoWriMo 2016

Postby SummerSnow » Nov 28, 2016 7:33 pm

Two more days of NaNo! How is everyone faring? Keep on writing, you're almost there! :ymhug:

I turned into a rebel this year (actually, I think I did it last year, as well) and started working on another story. I was really losing motivation for my first story, so I decided I'd switch back and forth between the two, which worked out reasonably well.

I won today, though! I really thought I wasn't, so I'm happy I managed to finally pull through, especially because I have a lot of studying to do this week and can't really afford to spend any more time on it.

The plots had issues and the characters were a bit dry at times, but I'm looking forward to (after taking a nice, long break!) coming back to them and trying to salvage what I can. I'm probably going to have to make an outline for both of the stories, altering a lot of plot points and things before I try to rewrite them (hopefully, I will at some point), but I don't think I'll abandon them completely.
My lovely avatar was made by Valia!
SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie
The WC Submersible Subterfuge Sub

Postby aileth » Nov 29, 2016 8:54 am

Might make it--a bit of a setback with a migraine last night. I think there will be barely enough words: I have three more scenes to write.

Running things just a trifle close...
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Nov 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Hooray for Summer! Go aileth! *waves the officially unofficial blue-and-brown NaNoWriMo pompoms™ and cheers* \m/

So I'm still sitting at 8k. ;)) I knew this month was going to be really busy for me and went for it anyway, and things went all right for the first few days, but then several things came up that I really wasn't counting on and they threw me for a major loop. I could've kept trudging on, except I just didn't want to write if my heart wasn't in it and I was too distracted to write anything that was halfway decent. I know that kind of goes against the spirit of NaNoWriMo, but... *waves NaNoRebel membership card* :P

I was going to try to jump back in and reach that rebellious 25k goal this past week, but then more distractions came up. Boo. I could theoretically write 17k words in two days if I had nothing else going on, but alas, my plans to shut myself up as a hermit have been persistently disrupted this month. ;))

Strangely, despite the objective failure, I rather feel like this is my most successful attempt at NaNo yet because I enjoyed myself the most this time. ;)) The Ultraviolet Fairy Book is going to be an ongoing project for me, and I'm already making plans for writing the Snow-White and Rose-Red retelling as a 50k novel during Camp NaNo next year. So this is a nice change from the "never again" feelings that I usually had after my previous two NaNoWriMo attempts. :))

*makes a note to dust off the writing thread at some point, now that NaNo is drawing to a close*
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby coracle » Dec 02, 2016 1:01 am

My niece "Tiggy" who doesn't visit Narniaweb much, did NaNo unofficially. Here she writes in her blog about the problems she encountered (nobody expects a major earthquake during NaNo!)

https://sinistrainksteyne.wordpress.com/
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby stargazer » Dec 04, 2016 11:23 pm

That's quite the blog entry, coracle! All my excuses for failing NaNo are pretty minor compared to a major earthquake.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby MoonlightDancer » Dec 18, 2016 6:26 pm

So I'm officially a cheater, or a rebel. I've just now reached 45k words.... better late than never I guess? I believe my word count at the beginning of December was around 15,000 words. I kind of rewrote my failed story from last year. At 45k words it is nowhere near finished. I've gotten through about half of my outline. :ymblushing: How did everyone else's stories turn out?
Forever a proud Belieber

Live life with the ultimate joy and freedom.
MoonlightDancer
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Location: I'll be up in the stars, I'll be anywhere you are...

Previous