This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Summer Olympics 2016 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Summer Olympics 2016 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Postby starkat » Aug 28, 2016 4:21 pm

Watching Charlotte and Valegro. The other one that I dearly loved to see was the jumping rounds of one of the guys who took home a medal. He and his horse have been together for awhile. They've both come back from substantial injuries. To come back that far and to take a medal at the Olympics is incredible.
starkat

Postby Puddleglum » Aug 29, 2016 5:33 pm

I was told by someone that the ParaOlympics was going to be televised, at least in part. I would really be interested to watch these other athletes in action.
I do not know her name, but one of the commercial shorts showed a woman with a prosthetic left leg that appeared to be doing the long jump. That would be something to see.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby starkat » Aug 30, 2016 7:50 am

I hope it is or someone can point it to us online. The riding would be fantastic to watch especially for me. I'm a certified therapeutic riding instructor. I once saw someone ride who was on the list for the team, but was a bit further down the list to make the team unless several dropped out. That was a year or more ago though.
starkat

Postby daughter of the King » Aug 30, 2016 12:15 pm

I'm not seeing the paralympics on NBC's online schedule, but paralympic.org has full listings of what stations have the rights to broadcast it as well as links to sites that should have livestreams available.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Puddleglum » Aug 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Thank you for the site information.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby daughter of the King » Sep 13, 2016 2:14 pm

I haven't watched as much of the paralympics as I would like, but I have managed to catch multiple wheelchair basketball games and USA is doing very well. Also watched some swimming and track and field. And Amy Purdy's dance during the opening ceremony was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Previous