This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Christmas is coming...

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Christmas is coming...

Postby fantasia » Dec 21, 2015 11:39 am

Snow, would you mind sharing your sugar cookie recipe that you used? I've never found one I'm completely happy with.
Sounds like lots of fun. :D I need to do that with my kids sometime, but Ariel is a bit young still.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby SnowAngel » Dec 21, 2015 1:40 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:Snow, would you mind sharing your sugar cookie recipe that you used? I've never found one I'm completely happy with.
Sounds like lots of fun. :D I need to do that with my kids sometime, but Ariel is a bit young still.
I meant to put the link in my post, but forgot to. Here it is: http://onesweetappetite.com/2014/02/sug ... ie-recipe/
I used Molina vanilla instead of lemon extract and butter inplace of the shortening. The baking time stayed the same. :)

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby fantasia » Dec 23, 2015 3:30 pm

Thank you SnowAngel! :)

And I don't know how crazy busy I'll be over the next few days, so I wanted to make sure I said Merry Christmas to all of you! :ymhug: :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby johobbit » Dec 23, 2015 4:10 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone! :D :ymhug:

And the angel said, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord."
~Luke 2:10 & 11
johobbit

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Dec 24, 2015 10:23 am

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! :ymhug: Haven't had a chance to post in this thread before now, but I've enjoyed reading it and I wanted to stop by and wish everyone a great holiday!

*plucks a handful of questions from SnowAngel's list, skipping the "favorites" because it takes her forever to settle her mind on what she likes best and she has to head out the door soon* ;))

What do you want for Christmas? Honestly, a piece of cheesecake. :P I haven't had any in a really long time and I'm determined to get a slice this holiday season. :)) I've also been eyeing a mini stepper and a yogurt maker over on Amazon, so we'll see about those!

Do you celebrate Advent? I never have! I honestly don't know very much about it. I need to do some googling soon. ;))

When do you decorate? Usually later in the month than I would like. It seems like we always get unreasonably busy during the Christmas season!

Gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Always Christmas Day! I imagine that it might be a bit easier to sleep, though, if you open them on Christmas Eve. As a child, it always took me forever to drift off because I was so excited. ;))

Hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow! Merry Christmas!! :ymhug:
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby stargazer » Dec 24, 2015 11:29 am

Merry Christmas to all!
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Movie Aristotle » Dec 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a wonderful time with family and friends, and may you always remember to thank our Lord for his precious gifts!
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Dec 24, 2015 7:00 pm

So, Tell Me What You Want For Christmas?
I realized I really don't know what I want. Maybe some games or DVDs?
Do you celebrate Advent?
At Church. We used to do it at home too but that has fallen by he wayside :(
When do you decorate
The tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving. We do the rest of the stuff as we have time. When we were growing up we would put up one decoration a day.
Favorite songs?
Go Tell it on the mountain, 12 days of Christmas to name a few
Favorite movies?
Does LWW count ;)) ? Miracle at Moreaux, Silent Night, Muppet's Christmas Carol to name a few
Favorite tradition?
Advent wreath
Favorite foods or recipes?
Christmas cookies
Gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
One on Christmas Eve the rest on Chrstmas Day
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Meltintalle » Dec 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Merry Christmas to one and all.
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Puddleglum » Dec 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Merry Christmas to all Narnians out there. May your ells pie be fresh, and your giant thimbles full of libations of merry cheer.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wild rose » Dec 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Merry Christmas everyone :) we only put up our tree today, but since our Christmas season has only begun we're good :)

What do you want for Christmas? Nothing really ;)) I've never really been a big present person. The Sharpe books by Bernard Cornwell would be nice, but they're impossible to find here, so I'm good with whatever my family will give me :)

When do you decorate? Usually starting the first of December

When do you open Christmas presents? On Christmas Day

My sisters and I lost the nativity set we usually put in our room, which was very frustrating, but I found this cute little nativity in the store and it was relatively cheap so we have a replacement :) I'm glad because if we don't have a Manger scene in our room our decoration is considered incomplete ;))

I hope to get pictures of our decorated house soon :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby SnowAngel » Dec 25, 2015 8:22 pm

I'm taking a very quick break for watching White Christmas to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!! :)

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Dec 25, 2015 8:32 pm

Merry Christmas everyone! :ymhug:
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Dec 26, 2015 4:24 am

I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and has good memories of it. By the looks of it the weather has been a mixed bag overseas, not only here.

So, Tell Me What You Want For Christmas?

What I wanted most I definitely got. That is to say that after last Sunday's 42C heatwave we have had a milder week, and though it is humid and a bit warm, cooking for the last two days has been bearable. Otherwise, no, I didn't get anything else I might have fancied in particular. But, hey, my children did buy me some lovely presents instead, one quite unexpected. And we had a wonderful time, just the same.

Do you celebrate Advent?

Church does celebrate Advent, but, in general, at home, it gets to be a mess of Christmas shopping, HSC results, people going away on holidays or coming back, political bickering over Christmas festivities being held at all, and double, double, toil and trouble. Last year there was a terrorist incident in the heart of Sydney, and this year, whilst hurrying to his parking spot, hubby slipped over and broke his wrist, which took the shine off the event, somewhat. And I've not felt all that well either.

When do you decorate?

Not at all this year, see question above. Besides we planned to go elsewhere for our main Christmas dinner.

Gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

We have long had a practice of opening gifts after we come back home from the Christmas Day early morning service. It has been few and far occasions in the last fifteen years that our entire family have celebrated Christmas together, as at least one family member has often had to work on that day. So although we have a Christmas dinner on the day we have our main one on the day we can all get together as a family, which this year was Boxing Day. (This is 26 December and is traditionally the public holiday given to those who have to work on Christmas Day.) Which is when we all finally opened our presents. The occasion, itself, was a present to all of us and included tickets to the latest Star Wars movie.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Movie Aristotle » Dec 26, 2015 9:03 am

So does anyone here celebrate all twelve days of Christmas? If not, do you want to?

I intend to this year!
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Dec 26, 2015 11:08 am

Movie Aristotle wrote:So does anyone here celebrate all twelve days of Christmas?

I try to. I don't do a whole lot other than leave my Christmas tree and decorations up and continue to wear Christmas clothing. Oh and I give myself until the 12th day of Christmas to finish my mom's Christmas ornament. :P My sister and I are making her 12 day of Christmas ornaments. I'm doing the 10 lords a leaping one. I still have a lot of work. :P
Pattertwigs Pal

PreviousNext