This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby fantasia » May 02, 2014 5:28 am

Varna wrote:Is this advice aimed at those runs where you sit for days in the garden?
The only thing you lose out on is traveling costs, and that's it. Otherwise, there's really no penalty at all for moving quickly through the LG. I usually saved about 150-200 Dewthief before moving to the Lost City/Sand Dunes.

Gymfan15 wrote:Currently in the Toxic Spill until I finish filling up my Medium Barrel (not a SINGLE canister ring looted this ENTIRE spill and I've been using Super or regular Rotten charms the whole time...what give!?!).
Um.... :-s Having those charms armed actually decreases your chance for a Canister Ring because neither of the "Clean" mice drop them.
Even so, I'm surprised you didn't get a single one. I got 11 or 12 this time around while primarily farming Soapy Suds. Mostly from Toxic Eggs cause I'm sure the game knew I couldn't use them. :P

@stwin, I'm still laughing when I took a peek at your journal last night and saw your almost back-to-back Fog, Magic, BW catches. :P ;))

I decided last night to go for another M400 mouse cause I like those assignments. But for some strange reason I am stuck on the Yeti Mouse in the Slushy Shoreline. I NEVER get stuck on this mouse. Hoping that if I whine on here I'll bag him soon. :P

ETA: There wasn't much to report on this morning's FBF other than a couple things...
The Egg Hunt will last almost until the end of May. The official date will be announced early next week. There will also be some kind of additional loot drop added in soon.
The extended event definitely makes me wonder.... Ronza??????
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » May 03, 2014 5:37 pm

Is it sad that I want the event to end so that I can A: get my normal HUD back and B: so that Ronza can come sooner. . . .

I finished my 21st warpath run tonight. Got another sandblasted metal to drop as loot, and sold it for 17.5 million on the marketplace (wowza the price of those has gone up!)

With some of the money, I went ahead and got my rift base. The extra 10 million in gold will help me fund any Ronza purchases, and hopefully be able to help my friends purchase some of the things they want.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby shastastwin » May 03, 2014 6:29 pm

I'm still working on the Gate Guardian/Chrono eggs. I missed the Grove closure last night and ended up having to catch this evening's. I'm really pleased with my egg progress this year. We'll see how much of what's left I actually get done. ;))

I do wonder what the next big surprise will be.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » May 04, 2014 11:42 am

Congrats on the SBM and the Rift Base DiGs. :) It's been a lot time since I've had a useful drop from the Warpath. My first 25 runs through I got a lot of loot. I think my second 25 runs through I've had like, one Oasis Bead or something. I keep hoping for a SBM to send to stwin, but that hasn't happened yet. :P

stwin wrote:I do wonder what the next big surprise will be.
I'm still kind of suspicious it might be Ronza. I mean, I can't think of any other reason for them to draw the Egg Hunt event out as long as they are besides that.

I have to say though, I'm probably the only person who feels this way, but I don't want Ronza to come yet. I mean, what could she possibly bring that's useful right now? I breeze through every location in the game with ease. I'd rather her wait until she can bring something that actually helps. *shrugs* We'll see. It'll probably be Rift related.

In other news, I don't think I've had so much DHU since my old Nerg Chieftain days. I caught well over 100 mice in the Slushy Shoreline and not one single Yeti Mouse. Didn't even attract one. (Attraction is 8.5/100.) I was starting to consider a bug until my husband walked in and caught one on his first hunt. 8-| So I'm taking a break again and farming Goliath Field mice again... :P ;)) After this I'll give the Yeti another shot and if I still don't get him, I'll smash the M400 assignment I'm on and get another one.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » May 04, 2014 12:55 pm

Well, the Chrono mouse continues to evade me, both in the AR and at the factory. :/ I've attracted 4 more since the event started and caught none.

Here are the eggs I have left. I'm almost out of Runic, so I may just give up on the Chrono (aside from the Factory) and see what else I can accomplish.

Aether
Big Bad Burroughs
Chrono
Cook (not likely to try for)
Deep (not trying again for Iceberg this year)
Dhreller (not trying again for Iceberg this year)
Gargantua * (Not likely)
Living Salt * (not trying again for Iceberg this year)
Magmatic Golem * (may or may not try for again)
Mystic King * (did not get this one in my tower run; not likely to try again this year)
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby ceppault » May 04, 2014 5:44 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:... what could she possibly bring that's useful right now? I breeze through every location in the game with ease. I'd rather her wait until she can bring something that actually helps.

Can't say you are alone there. While I don't breeze through every location - I have hardly gone everywhere - can't say I have much desire for anything other than some cool location specific traps.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby shastastwin » May 05, 2014 8:26 am

After trying for a Garga and attracting an archer on my streak of 7 ( :/ ), I'm back in the LG areas trying to farm essences and (I hope) finish the LG map we're on and catch 1 of the big boss mice so I can go work on my Rift Base.
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » May 05, 2014 11:52 am

*is quite happy for those with lots of DLU*
I shouldn't complain I guess. I got all of my eggs quickly. Especially the Magmatic Golem... got that one fast. #:-s But after several days of nothin' but hate, I finally ditched my M400 assignment for a new one. I was so outside of the probability of catching the Yeti Mouse, it wasn't even funny. I know I was over 100 cheese with 0 attractions. I admit there were a few times I ran out of Softserve Charms, but that doesn't account for many of those hunts. I would suspect a bug except I saw several other people waltz into the Slushy Shoreline and bag him in pretty short order. Anyways, yeah, I was tired of wasting the resources trying to catch him so I moved on.

Working on a different M400 assignment, hopefully it won't have any Yetis. :P
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » May 05, 2014 12:38 pm

I caught my first Dark Magi mouse. :D I'm farming Plumepearl at the moment, hoping to get enough Lunaria to catch a few TCs and get close to another Shattering Charm. I've only got 1 Fel toward it so far.
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Gymfan15 » May 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Had a nice bit of DLU over the weekend. After FBF announced that the event was going to stick around a bit longer, I decided to ditch my current Iceburg run (I was about halfway through the Bombing section) so I could re-start as a Deep run so it would be quicker AND I'd have a Living Salt mouse gauranteed at the end. Didn't have to go that far, though; I nabbed a Living Salt in the Tunnels so was able to leave the Iceburg after getting my General egg. :D

Next order of business was finishing up my Warpath run so I could try for a Garga on W1, but I got REALLY lucky! I had JUST started W3 and was on my "normal" setup with Gouda and regular charms so I could try and knock mice out while I was at work, and somehow I got a streak of 7 and attracted and CAUGHT a Garga on the 8th of the wave. Really, really, REALLY lucky.

So now, I actually have time to go and recharge my Tower amp so I can get that Mystic King egg. :D Then it's off to cycle for charge charms while hoping for an Assassin; otherwise I'll be in the Living Garden hunting those eggs for the extra lootz. Can't believe I might actually finish this event with all the eggs caught, lol. Really wasn't thinking I would be able to.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby shastastwin » May 08, 2014 5:32 am

I'm doing a SB+ only Iceberg run in hopes of getting my Deep mouse since they've extended the event so long. I'm at 631 feet on hunt 110. That's slightly behind where I should be but I missed the change to the BR and so I had the wrong setup for my first few hunts and I've missed a couple of mice/caught Brutes, pushing me back a bit. I'm hoping to do well in the BR and catch myself up. I'd really like to make this run count.
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby starkat » May 08, 2014 10:24 am

I FINALLY got rift eggs!!!!!!! :D :D

I think I'm down to

Essence Guardian
Living Salt
Mystic King
Technic King
Magmatic Golem
Gargantua

I'm not holding out much hope for the MG or the Garga eggs. I'm going to set back up in the seasonal garden and farm charge eggs while I get my amplifier back up. I'll make a decision about where to go from there after my amplifier goes back up. I've got a crazy weekend, so I'm thinking about just farming charge eggs for this weekend.
starkat

Postby Gymfan15 » May 08, 2014 10:34 am

Well, I achived what I did not think was possible this year...I got ALL the eggs! All thanks to the extended event, of course. I recharged my Tower Amp and headed into the Tower for my Mystic King egg which I had an excellent run for. Then I headed to the Dojo for Charge eggs and a shot at the Assassin, and the Asassin actually came very quickly; within 30 pieces of cheese. Lots of DLU there. :)

So now I'm just doing charge eggs! I'm in the LG at the moment; will probably hang out in the Normal side while I cycle through Charge eggs so I can get the most bang for my buck. Getting 4 High Charge eggs to drop at once AND a couple LG eggs at the same time is pretty sweet, I'm not gonna lie, lol. So far this is my nicest loot drop so far:

10:30 am - Living Garden
I checked my trap and found that I had caught a mouse! I caught a 2 oz. Thistle Mouse worth 9,050 points and 1,150 gold.
The mouse also dropped the following loot:
2 Thistle Eggs, 4 High Charge Eggs and 1 Aleth Essence
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Varnafinde » May 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Congrats on getting all the eggs! :ymapplause:

I've done some passive hunting the last couple of days - first I was was hunting Sojos in Furoma, to stay in High Charge without spending too many Charge charms, and now I've switched to Mojos because it's more fun :p and because I could monitor it a little more today.

I'm nearly back to 35 mil gold again, even with having bought the two traps in Muridae Market. I have started on my first M400 assignment, and should go back to that elusive Renegade mouse soon. And there are still several eggs I haven't got ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » May 08, 2014 6:15 pm

I posted this on the FB page but it's worth posting here as well. Some observant people have noted that the Ronza forum is slowing being moved up the list of the primary MH forum categories at the rate of one category per day. It was on the bottom and is now fifth from the bottom/18th from the top. Ronza in 18 days? If that theory is correct, that would put her here on Monday the 26th.

In other news, I'm having a blast farming M400 eggs. :D They are giving me more Fondue than I'm using, plus other goodies.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » May 09, 2014 6:11 am

The nice thing about farming charge eggs... lots of SB. I was down below 100 pieces and now I'm back up over 200. My amp is at 80%, so I still have plenty of time to go after charge eggs. Actually, I probably could keep going in the tower right?
starkat

PreviousNext