This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby shastastwin » May 12, 2017 5:40 am

Well, I've caught up on the new mice I didn't have, so now I'm bouncing between Laby runs for Mino loot and Fort Rox to finish out the Shadow trap there. (I just need Howlite and Bloodstones at this point, and I'm far more likely to get that one than the two Temporal Shadow Plates ;)).)

I'm going to be doing Fealty runs for boss loot when not on Mino runs, unless I run out of GG or need other district loot. Previous Laby events have left my boss loot a bit out of proportion.

Honestly, though, I'm ready for the BWRift. The Shadow trap(s) doesn't represent a major goal right now, and I'm not really interested in farming anything where I can (like the FRift to finish the batteries). Treasure maps would be a fun distraction, but other than that, I got nothin'. ;))
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » May 12, 2017 11:05 am

Anybody know what happened with FBF today? I shows they streamed something, but no video was saved, and no summary was posted on the forum. I was hoping for lots of spoilers but I may have missed out... :P

Hanging out in the FRift waiting for a fellow mapmate to finish the last mouse and then I'll do another treasure map...and probably keep doing maps until the new area opens.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » May 17, 2017 11:07 am

Random observation, I just noticed yesterday that I have more silver crowns than I do bronze crowns. I think that means I play too much. :P

On a far more interesting note, a new mini-event just started as (I believe) a precursor to the BWRift starting soon. Maybe this was mentioned in the lost FBF from last week, but I hadn't seen anything about it on the forum. Anyways, it's an expanded Zombie invasion. I actually JUST used up my Undead Emmental cheese this week so if I get a chance, I'll have to restock on those potions.
But for the moment, I'm focusing my energy on the Burroughs Rift to get some Undead Emmental String Cheese potions and snag the new event mouse. I haven't figured out yet where I need to be in the BRift to get the new potions to drop, but maybe it doesn't matter. I'm starting off with Brie String and low levels of Mist.

ETA: Just got a string potion to drop off of a zombie mouse in the BRift, so it looks like that's the way to go. However, I see the best conversion requires regular Undead Emmental, so I'll be farming some of those potions as well. What a week to use up the last of that cheese. LOL Ah, irony.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » May 18, 2017 4:46 am

You can also covert MSC or regular string cheese into RUE, but the rate isn't as good.

RAE is really nice...getting some nice charms to drop. I'll stay here for the duration of the event, I think.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Varnafinde » May 18, 2017 11:59 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:Anybody know what happened with FBF today? I shows they streamed something, but no video was saved, and no summary was posted on the forum. I was hoping for lots of spoilers but I may have missed out... :P

I watched it, and you didn't miss out on spoilers.
At first there was no sound - we could see Dave speaking, but it took him a few minutes of frantic comments in the chat to realize that we couldn't hear him.

So he started again, and then got a small and useless video saved as well as the proper one. And he has confessed at the forum that unfortunately he deleted the proper one when he meant to delete the small one ... :-o

But he didn't tell about the new area, so there were no spoilers. They were still working on it, and he said there might be more info about it in the FBF next week (i.e. tomorrow).

Instead he asked for suggestions as to what people think would be important changes if they ever make a version 4 of MouseHunt. They made version 3 many years ago, and there are some changes that would be easier to make in a total overhaul of the code, rather than in patching up the old one.

Here (on Facebook) is the thread where there was a small discussion of it (including Dave's comment).

Edit:
Or perhaps this link -
https://www.mousehuntgame.com/forum/showthread.php?130883-what-happened-with-feedback-friday-today - works better?
Possibly only after you've logged in ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » May 18, 2017 12:37 pm

@Gymmie, yeah, I saw that and I wasn't about to use my MSC. I'm hoarding that for the next area should we need it. And I too noticed the charms and tomb stone drops. I'm also planning on hanging out here for the rest of the event. I strongly suspect it will lead into the release of the BWRift next week, but I guess we won't find out until tomorrow.

@Varna, MH 4.0 huh? I was actively involved in the transition from 2.0 to 3.0. They had an open BETA so I sent in lots of suggestions and bug reports. ;)) I'm SURE they appreciated it. ;) Anyways, that's actually very interesting news. However, your link didn't work for me. It just took me to my MH profile.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » May 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Can't get a potion to drop at all. HELP
starkat

Postby fantasia » May 18, 2017 1:40 pm

I see you got some since you posted. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » May 19, 2017 7:46 am

Discussion of FBF from last week:
https://www.mousehuntgame.com/forum/showthread.php?130883-what-happened-with-feedback-friday-today
including some comments about plans for MH 4.0.

Requires login ...
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » May 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Thanks Bee, that was the thread I found previously, but when I read through it before, the comments weren't there yet. I'll definitely take a look when I have a minute.
No offense to Jacob, but I was so disappointed to see him on FBF yesterday. :P I was hoping for Dave, with spoilers, announcing the release of BWRift next week. :P :)) Ah well.
I'm tapped out on Tomb Stones, and like you Bee, I have zero interest in the skin. So now I'm trying to decide if I should stay to farm Rift Antiskele Charms? I probably should.....
The other option is finishing up the treasure map I'm on, but if the event ends Tuesday and the new area doesn't release for another week, I'll have time.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » May 21, 2017 8:21 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:No offense to Jacob, but I was so disappointed to see him on FBF yesterday. :P I was hoping for Dave, with spoilers, announcing the release of BWRift next week. :P :))

So was I :P
Perhaps Dave will do that next Friday :P

I'm farming potions/cheese, both Undead Emmenthal in Mousoleum and Undead String Emmenthal in BRift. I had 4 hundred Undead Emmenthal cheese to start with, so I've used that for converting the potions.
I'm hoping to silver the new mouse - I have reached 50 catches, but I need more non-string potions as well now. Perhaps there won't be time for the silver before the potions stop dropping - possibly on Tuesday.
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » May 23, 2017 10:17 am

I'm in Fort Rox for the last mouse on the map and for some reason that I cannot fathom aside from being sleep deprived, I entered the Heart of the Meteor. Why on earth did I do that??? I already have one Heart of the Meteor Mouse and I was saving my second portal and cheese stash for next year in case they added an Easter Egg!!! Now I need to farm or buy another portal and probably some additional cheese as well. :(

I might go ahead and buy the portal components. They'll only become more expensive as the new areas are released and if I get more off of a map I can just sell them back. Arrrgg!! So annoyed with myself right now.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » May 31, 2017 3:48 pm

I've been doing a few maps and getting some nice rewards off of them, but no Relic Hunter map pieces.

I saw the BWRift update come through on my phone yesterday, but I'm assuming the area won't show up until next week? At least Dave sounded like it wouldn't be out yet this week, but perhaps they'll release today.

If they don't release it today, I'll squeeze in another Relic Hunter map before then, but I only have one left. I had a small stockpile, but the other day when I opened one, the first two mice I saw were the Assassin and Balack...ditched that one. Second one I opened had Chrono and Warmonger...ditched that one too. :P ;)) Anyways, hope this last one is a good one or else I'm going to have to mooch off of one of you all for a map spot. ;)

ETA @ 5:49pm: So this new area... interesting! I have to admit I feel like I jumped in with both feet and am in over my head LOL. Definitely the most intriguing thing about it are the blessing/curses in certain rooms, and since this is my first run through and I'm avoiding spoilers, I've already got myself a blessing (after pouring large quantities of high level resources to avoid the curse :)) ) and then jumped straight into another room with a blessing/curse. This one is not going so well. :))

Anyways, I haven't read anything yet except for the first half of the news release. I haven't had a chance to peek in on Larry. I've definitely been avoiding the forums. I did look through the various shops and such to see what info I could glean there.

Fun to have a new challenging area. I LOVE the artwork. Best artwork imho since the WWRift. What does everybody else think about it?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Jun 02, 2017 8:57 am

I'm getting my bearings a little bit. ;)) I'm running around with two blessings and a curse. :P But now I know for sure that my first personal order of business is to get that Codex.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Jun 05, 2017 6:24 am

I'm stumbling my way through the BWRift. I've got 173 Tiny Sprockets and I'm currently farming more Runic String Cheese so I can farm Time Sand and make a stab at the Acolyte. I've got the Frozen Alcove curse and blessing so I'm not sure if I'm going to have it easy moving forward.

I am liking the mechanics here so far. A nice mix of Labyrinth and Sunken City.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Jun 05, 2017 9:53 am

Well, I gambled and it didn't pay off. :P The problem of avoiding area spoilers is that there is a great possibility of really messing up and that's what happened to me just now. :P I had an acolyte portal popped up, so I decided to jump in thinking I'd just take a look. Well, it started off quite well! I was doing really, really good.... until I maxed out the timesplit obelisk, and realized I needed a whole lot more time sand of my own to take back the time sand stolen by the Acolyte. X( :(( Had a realized there was a Part 2, I would have bailed a whole lot earlier before burning through all of my supplies.

But, now I know what I do need to complete the area, I have a goal of what to farm for before jumping into the area again. ;) At least 100 Time Sand and 100 Runic Cheese
And while I originally had the Codex as an initial goal, I've set that to the side for now as I'm not having any trouble catching mice. I'll get that when I get it, but it won't be a primary goal for now. ;)

Just curious, does anybody know how to get the Chamber Cleaver? I don't see him show up on the available mice list in any of the hallways, or with MSC armed. Is he just really rare so they don't bother listing him? Kind of like the treasure mice? Or am I missing something?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext