This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby starkat » Dec 30, 2016 6:17 am

I can't make heads or tails of the new year's event. Help please!

(My schedule is extremely complicated and hunting on the app is something I'm still not 100% comfortable with.)
starkat

Postby fantasia » Dec 30, 2016 8:20 am

Don't fly until you find a New Years Party on the ground (it's an area like the Toy Emporium and Winter Wasteland). Arm your anchor charms and stock up on Firecrackers. Once you have enough firecrackers (I got 25 from a party), take off and fly. You'll automatically shoot them off as you fly. Once you've set off enough firecrackers, you'll unlock the new goodies from the stores.
That's basically it. It's not that hard, but the app makes it a bit tricky as you can't look ahead to see what areas are coming up and therefore plan accordingly.
And there's a bug on the app, all the new traps/bases/upgrade are under Bases. So look there for them.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Jan 01, 2017 9:46 am

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:This event has been great for charm farming too. . . I've got over 150 ultimate power and ultimate luck charms, which will prove quite useful in both the furoma rift and the labyrinth.

I hadn't even counted mine, just seen them trickle steadily in ...
*goes to count*
Festive Ultimate Luck Charm and Festive Ultimate Power Charm - perhaps I had more than a hundred of each before the event, I hadn't checked, but I have about three hundred of each now :-o
Yes, they will be useful indeed - and also in the Dawn area of Fort Rox, where I still have some bronzing to do!

This event has needed some micro-managing at times, but I'm not worried about getting enough firecrackers on time for all I want to buy.
I have 84 Deployed Festive New Year's Fireworks at the moment, and I'm flying with 24 crackers and 14 hunts remaining - so I'm about half-way already, and there's more than a week left. I think I'll even be able to silver at least the Joy mouse, first time an event mouse has been silverable during its first event, at least in my playing time :)

I need 23 more silvers for the Century Egg ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Jan 01, 2017 11:07 am

Varnafinde wrote:This event has needed some micro-managing at times, but I'm not worried about getting enough firecrackers on time for all I want to buy.
I have 84 Deployed Festive New Year's Fireworks at the moment, and I'm flying with 24 crackers and 14 hunts remaining - so I'm about half-way already, and there's more than a week left.

I'm not too worried either, but I'm not having nearly as much DLU as you. I've only had one flight with fireworks and have set off 35. I FINALLY have another New Years Party coming up on my map so I'm hoping to get to 70 at least.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Jan 01, 2017 12:22 pm

People on the fora have been complaining that this has been the event that has been most depending on DLU that they can remember. Usually you can use some strategy and plan your resources, and unless you play too passively, you'll be allright for finishing the event on time.

But now, if you don't get a New Years Party area, there's nothing you can do. You can't even donate to get those fireworks. A good thing they added them to our daily loyalty chests - but that won't be anywhere near enough.

Hope your DLU will improve before too long :)
Varnafinde

Postby starkat » Jan 02, 2017 10:06 am

I've had a single NYE party that took me at least two days to get to and I've got a ways to go before I get near another one apparently and I'm out of nitro.
starkat

Postby Gymfan15 » Jan 02, 2017 5:32 pm

I've been out of town for the last few days and dummy me keeps arming Nitro and then forgetting to check and flying past Party zones (I've skipped at least one by accident). *facepalm* But I'll manage.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Jan 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Yep, I did that too Gymmie. Felt so dumb.

I'm up to 123 Deployed Festive Fireworks... moving right along. I bought the base but haven't seen it produce a single charm yet, and also the trap just because. But the Intergalactic Positioning Chips is what I really want. :D I think I need about 750m of New Years Party and I should be good to go. I'm certainly not lacking for part drops to take off now. I'm refilling all 10 gifts as soon as I land and then waiting to take off until I have about 25 firecrackers ready to go.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Jan 04, 2017 6:01 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:I bought the base but haven't seen it produce a single charm yet, and also the trap just because.

That's a good enough reason :p I'm buying them just because as well.
They're LE - if I don't buy them now, and later find they might have been nice to have, I'll be stuck - so I do buy them now ;)

I have 153 Deployed Festive New Year's Fireworks. I have stayed long on the ground to hunt for a treasure map, so I now have collected 55 fireworks, and I've just taken flight with them. It will probably take a couple of flights to deploy them all, but I have enough gifts now that the next flight should be no problem.

Silvering the Joy mouse should be no problem either - I have 92 catches so far. Only 76 Impostors, so that's not a given, but it's still a possibility. There are a couple of other GWH mice with more than 80 catches as well.
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Jan 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Congrats on the trap upgrade Varna :) I think you're the only person that has it thus far. I had a drought of New Year's Parties there for a while but I've reached another one again. We'll see how far this one takes me, currently at 151 exploded fireworks and 12 unexploded. I should only need one more party after this.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Jan 08, 2017 11:36 am

I woke up this morning to have 101 exploded firecrackers. I am now the proud owner of the New Horizon Trap. :)

I'm very hoping that since it's so hard to find New Years Parties that they'll extend the event to give more people a chance to get the trap upgrade piece.... especially since this one doesn't sell on the Marketplace and there doesn't seem to be any other way to get it.

In the meantime, I'm going to rebuild my supply of Arctic Asiago (down to 14 pieces), and then I will be done with the event.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Jan 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Congrats on the upgraded trap! B-)
I need to get mine before I can upgrade it ;)

I have silvered both the Joy and the Impostor, and I'll work a little towards more silvering for the last day of the event, but I think it will have to wait for next year. I have 34 catches of the Frightened Flying Fireworks Mouse - that is a lot for less than two weeks of hunting.

I was lucky about finding lots of New Years Parties. Only 250 m ones, but always one or two per day, and I crafted EACs to use every time. I usually collected 30-40 fireworks before I went flying - I don't know how important that was, though.

Making NYPs less rare would have made the event better for lots of people. Extending the event to make up for that would be nice. I checked whether it would be possible for me to buy a few extra upgrade pieces to trade with friends (in that case I would have taken orders) - but no way. Not tradable or giveable. Only LE :p
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Jan 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Varna wrote: I checked whether it would be possible for me to buy a few extra upgrade pieces to trade with friends (in that case I would have taken orders) - but no way. Not tradable or giveable. Only LE
Ditto. I did the same thing.

Back in Laby. I decided to go for another Minotaur run with the Winter aura.

I have a spare Really, Really, Shiny, Precious Gold. Does anybody need it?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Jan 10, 2017 4:52 am

From the mino? Yes please.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Jan 10, 2017 7:07 am

I have sent it your way. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Jan 10, 2017 9:46 am

Thanks. I've yet to get the mino base. So I will likely be stuck in the labyrinth and zokar for awhile to come.

I liked the Christmas event. I hated the New Years Event. They made it pretty much impossible to get to the top if you weren't an active player and you didn't have enough nitro to begin with. I was really annoyed. Got the base and the trap. Did not get the trap parts. Didn't even come close.
starkat

PreviousNext