This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby Varnafinde » Mar 29, 2017 11:21 am

I have 2 Galleon Gouda and I don't remember where I got them from. Can't remember having been on a Shelder map, but fairly certain I've been on a Tribal Isles one. I'll happily join Shelder maps at Easter - but I won't be too worried if I don't get the egg. I still need the Aether egg and the Drheller egg and three or four other eggs, so I've never been an egg master.

I'll have a look at your list as well, Gymmie - something in the Laby sounds like a good idea. I don't have the shadow trap either, I still use the one I got from LG, and I don't think the Fort Rox shadow trap is any better than that. I doubt that I'll buy the Fort Rox shadow or arcane traps - a bit too much gold to spend on something that will likely only be a collectible.

I want the law trap, though - and eventually I would like to bronze the HotM, but that's a long term goal.

I should work some more in Furoma Rift as well. I'm only at Battery 6 or 7.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Gymfan15 » Mar 29, 2017 7:57 pm

This is my full Easter Prep list...if you think I'm missing anything, lemmie know. For new areas like Fort Rox/Furoma Rift, I didn't always write individual eggs/mice for them because I generally assume that any new area will have eggs for pretty much everything.

Possible Mouse/Egg - Area - Cheese - Charm - Prerequisites
Balack Egg - Balack's Cove - VVS - UPC - High Tide
Master Burglar Egg - Bazaar/Kings Arms - Gilded Cheese - n/a - n/a
Zurreal Egg - Crystal Library - n/a - Scholar Charm - n/a
Reaper Egg - Forbidden Grove - Ancient - n/a - n/a
*Fort Rox - Fort Rox - Crescent/Moon - n/a - n/a
Heart of the Meteor Egg - Fort Rox/HotM - Sunrise Cheese - n/a - Dawn in Fort Rox, Portal
Master of the Chi Egg - Furoma Rift - Master Cheeses - UPC - Bat 5 or higher
Grand Master of the Dojo - Furoma Rift - Rift Rumble - UPC - Bat 6 or higher
Ascended Elder - Furoma Rift - Ascended Cheese - ULP - Bat 7 or higher
Supreme Sensei - Furoma Rift - Null Oynx Gorgonzola - Ultimate L/P - Bat 6 or higher
Student of the Chi Egg - Furoma Rift - Maki SC/BSC - n/a - Bat 4 or higher
T7 Dust Egg - Gauntlet - Tier 7 Cheese - n/a - T7 Pots
Goliath Egg - Gnawnia Rift - Resonator - UPC - n/a
Mid-level Gnawnia Rift Mice - Gnawnia Rift - Riftiago - n/a - n/a
Mad Depths Egg - Iceburg - Gouda - n/a - Mad Depths
Pygmy Wrangler Egg - Jungle of Dread - SB+ - n/a - n/a
Minotaur Egg - Labyrinth - - - - - -
LG Boss(s) - Living Garden - LG Cheese - Shattering - 1-3 Shattering Charms
Mole Egg - Meadow - White Cheddar - n/a - n/a
Lycan Egg - Mousoleum - Moon - n/a - n/a
Relic Hunter Egg - n/a - n/a - n/a - Ancient Relics
SOJO Egg - Pinnacle Chamber - OG - n/a - n/a
Spring Familiar/Fall Familiar - Seasonal Garden - SB+ - n/a - Spring/Fall
*Shelder Egg - SSHIII - Gouda/Galleon Gouda - Attraction - n/a
Barracuda Egg - Sunken City - Gouda - n/a - <2k, Feeding Grounds
Worker Egg - TG, Dojo - SB+ TG, Maki/SB+ Dojo - n/a - n/a
3rd Wave Warpath Egg - Warpath - n/a - n/a - 3rd Wave
*Captain Croissant - Windmill - Grilled Cheese - n/a - Packets of Flour
Farmhand Egg - Windmill - SB+ - n/a - n/a
Black Widow Egg - Wrift - - - - - -
Chessmaster Egg - Z's Tower - Checkmate - n/a - Tower run

ETA: And I know a few eggs are old eggs; I just wanted to remind myself to get into position, lol
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Varnafinde » Mar 30, 2017 1:09 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:Did you all know that the Monster of the Meteor can drop the Animatronic Bird? He dropped one for me a day or two ago. I was rather caught off guard. Would anybody be able to use it to get the trap or should I just hang onto it for the future (likely sell it on the Marketplace when the price goes back up)?

And did you know that the Heart of the Meteor also can drop it? My first HotM dropped me one! :)
I doubt that I'll buy the trap with it, I have better traps already, but I was hoping for a bird just as a collectible if nothing else. Perhaps I buy it later just for fun, if I feel I can spare some million gold just for fun ...

When I've finished the map I'm on, and farmed some more Dawn Dust, I'll probably go to the Iceberg to set up for a Drheller egg. I FTC'ed him last year, so this year I'll probably use my Ultimate charm to get him.

Then I'll read Gymmie's long preparation list (thank you, Gymmie! :D ) and see what is relevant for me. Perhaps go to Living Garden to see how close I am to a Shattering charm ...
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Mar 31, 2017 4:27 pm

Varnafinde wrote:I doubt that I'll buy the trap with it, I have better traps already, but I was hoping for a bird just as a collectible if nothing else. Perhaps I buy it later just for fun, if I feel I can spare some million gold just for fun ...

Back in the day when I was a little more hard core than I am now, I wouldn't necessarily buy all of the traps/bases (because I was poor back then! :)) ) but I would get all of the components in case they introduced a trap/base 2.0 where I might need smashed bits from 1.0. They haven't done that for quite some time though, so I kind of stopped doing that.

Anybody see Jacob's Art FBF BWRift Wight mouse tonight? He's pretty wicked looking... both literally and figuratively. ;)) Good artwork so far for the new area!

And question, does anybody know when they plan to release the Harbour update? I'm assuming on Tuesday, but I haven't heard anything for sure

ETA: I found a hole in my supplies for the egg hunt. I have nothing for Tier 5 in the King's Gauntlet. I realized that a while back we had a Black Mage mouse on our treasure map and I used up all of my cheese trying to catch it. So I'm in the KG building up Tier 5 potions in case they add a new egg there.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 02, 2017 3:57 am

I had one of those awful moments today when I nearly wrecked my Minotaur run because I picked the wrong door...stupid Superior Fealty doors look too much like Tech doors. :(( a few hours of sweating and a ton of compass magnets later, I fixed it, but that was a miserable experience.

But, I'm about down with that Mino run now, so I can finish up the rest of the things in my list. It's a relief, anyway.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Apr 07, 2017 10:17 am

Sooo.... I guess at this point they decided to postpone the Harbour rerelease? As low-level as it is, I was looking forward to it as something different to do.

/is bored

Only four days until the Egg Hunt begins. Should be interesting this year. But admittedly I thought I wouldn't be able to participate much this year with a new baby, but on second thought, I realized that when both of my other two were born, I was up every hour or two at night so I'll probably be hunting more than usual. :)) Now, whether I will be able to functionally play in an area that requires decision making is another story. I'm glad I don't need the Mino egg this year. :P ;))

I saw the daily raffle ticket thing is down for the time being. Those orange buttons are going to drive me crazy! Must click! Must click!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 07, 2017 10:50 am

A Lady Coldsnap ate a piece of cheese without setting off my trap.
A Lady Coldsnap ate a piece of cheese without setting off my trap.
A Lady Coldsnap ...
A Princess Fist ...
A Lord Splodington ...

Drheller cycling, anyone :p ?

When I tried this last year, I missed him again and again and didn't get his egg. This year this is where my Ultimate Charm will go in the end if I don't catch him on the first try. I decided a long time ago that I wouldn't try to bronze him. I've caught him once, without much trouble but heaps of DLU, unfortunately not at Easter.

I had a full batch (36) of Lunaria cheese lying around in LG, and had just poured. I spent most of that cheese and got a Shattering Charm. So I'm well into my SEH preparations.

I got 4 T8 potions at Christmas, so I should get some Eclipse eggs without trouble. I also have cheese for the Captain Croissant, and for Furoma Rift other than the Ascended Elder. There are some eggs I don't expect to get, but I can live with that. I still haven't got the Aether egg - and not for lack of trying ...
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Apr 08, 2017 8:28 pm

Varna wrote:Drheller cycling, anyone :p ?

No thank you, I have paid my dues to Drheller. :P ;)) I'm at the end of the Bombing Run in case they add more Iceburg mice, but I sure hope not.

For the most part I'm sitting in the FRift farming enerchi (and have amassed quite a bit!) but I did realize tonight that I'm rather short on Lunaria cheese as I suspect the Shattered Carmine will be the needed mouse from the LG areas. So I'm hanging out in the Sand Crypts farming petals. It's been a while since I've done this. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 09, 2017 6:03 am

Oh dear Lord please not the Shattered Carmine. That's just too cruel. I'm fine with the other two; not just that one. Whhaaaaa now you said it, though, it will probably be true.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Apr 09, 2017 10:55 am

I just thought it would be weird to have King Scarab or the Dark Magi but not Shattered Carmine... unless it was a Shattered Egg where you could catch any one of the three. I THINK they said we'd just need one Shattering Charm. If we need three to catch all three of the boss mice there, I won't have that.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 09, 2017 5:53 pm

I feel like it will be take your pick of the three; Shattering charms are SO hard to get and you can't "waste" a charm on a mouse you don't need for a chest...for instance, I've already caught a King Scarab, so for Easter I can *only* go after a Dark Magi or Shattered Carmine or I've just made my trek to another Ultimate Charm *that* much longer.

Anyhoo, we shall see. I was away from home all week but I was able to make very good progress on everything I needed for Easter...Mino run, check, amp filled, check, Warpath to W3, check, in the Mad Depths, check...I even started working on getting my Rage in WWR to 50/50/50, although I didn't get too far.

Now I'm back in the LG getting some Lunaria juuuuust in case.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby shastastwin » Apr 09, 2017 6:15 pm

I finally crafted my Shattering Charm and have saved what's left of my Lunaria and dewdrops for the Egg Hunt, hoping I can snag a Shattered Carmine fairly quickly and not have to salt or break curses.

I'm as well situated with the FRift and Fort Rox as I think I'll be. Not doing a Mino Run unless there are new eggs I need to add. Last year, I finally caught up on all the eggs, so I'm only going to focus on new eggs unless there are others that seem worthwhile.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby starkat » Apr 11, 2017 8:50 am

Eggs I currently don't have according to the list that just went up:

Tiny
Croissant
Pirate crew
Mutant Mongrel
Acolyte
Riptide
Day
Night
Dawn
Monster of the Meteor
Shelder
Deep Deep Deep
Warmonger
Gargantua
Shattered
Zokor Treasury
Unstable Crystal
Decrepit Tentacle
Minotaur
Enerchi
Grand Master of the Dojo
Ascended Elder

EEP! Any suggestions on method?

Edit: I'm pretty sure the Warmonger, Shattered, Zokor Treasury, Decrepit Tentacle, Ascended Elder, Mutant Mongrel (maybe), and maybe the Acolyte and Shelder are out of reach this year due to me being stuck in the Labyrinth.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Apr 11, 2017 9:14 am

New Eggs by Region:
Tiny (love this egg LOL), Pirate crew (did they update the Harbour after all?), Captain Croissant

Mutant Mongrel

Acolyte

Riptide

Day, Night, Dawn, Monster of the Meteor

Shelder (thanks a lot to those who suggested this :P ), Deep Deep Deep

Warmonger, Shattered

Crystal Behemoth

Ascended Elder, Grand Master of the Dojo, Enerchi

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'm in decent shape, though I'll find out for sure as I go along. I got the Shattered Egg on the first hunt so that whole area is done. I moved to the FRift and am working on those eggs now.

Kat wrote:Any suggestions on method?
Pick an egg and start hunting for it. The only one I see that will need closer than usual monitoring is the Mutant Mongrel egg. The rest are simply order of preference.

ETA @ 1:29pm CDT: So far so good for me. :) Here's my split.
To Go: Day, Night, Tiny, Pirate crew, Captain Croissant, Mutant Mongrel, Acolyte, Riptide, Shelder, Deep Deep Deep, Warmonger.

Got 'em: Shattered, Ascended Elder, Grand Master, Enerchi, Crystal Behemoth, Meteor Monster, Dawn.

Going to finish up Fort Rox and then probably see about getting the Deep Deep Deep Egg out of the way.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Apr 11, 2017 6:11 pm

Got the pirate crew and shockingly the decrepit tentacle egg. Working on the mino egg tonight. Fort Rox tomorrow.
starkat

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 11, 2017 8:28 pm

I always hate how events start around midnight my time, so I have to set up somewhere and then leave it for a long time, lol.

Got the FRift eggs and working on a few of the new small eggs (Captain Croissant, etc.). I'll head into the AR as soon as that closes to get that out of the way.

Besides the Shelder, the eggs I am the most nervous/worried about is the Crystal Behemoth and Deep Deep Deep egg. I'm only 25k deep and only have enough Jet charms to get me to about 35k, so it might take a little while. And for the Cyrstal Behemoth, I've only got one piece of Diamond cheese. FK reminded me of Baitkeeps which I definitely have a few of, so I might wait until I see how much time I've got before I decide whether or not to use them. I know I can craft more Diamond cheese; it will just take a little time.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext