This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby starkat » Dec 12, 2016 8:29 am

With the crazy schedule I've had, I opted to setup in the fungal cavern and farm nightshade. I'm up to over 750 pieces of gg now. I did venture into the new section for a bit and went back to the frift before my schedule went nuts. I'm hoping the gg I've farmed will mean I can make several runs without having to go through farming again. I'm a ways from my mino base. I need to come up with a more strategic method for hunting.
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » Dec 12, 2016 9:26 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:
I realised that if I used Enerchi charms and the Attuned Enerchi Induction Base, I would fill up my enerchi level for the Furoma Rift with 5 Enerchi per catch (2 from the charm and 3 from the base).
I didn't know this, so thank you so much for this tip. :D It does make me sad I didn't know about it before though because I lost out on literally hundreds of enerchi. :( But now I know for the future.

I cannot do it any more until I get a new batch of Energy charms - I've run out of them. They are dropped as loot in FRift, though, and we might even get some as extra loot here and there during the GWH ...

I've got the Scholar Scrolls that I needed, and now I only need 100 Tech Power Cores to get the Mino base. Currently at 24 Tech clues and 15 Dead Ends, at the beginning of a Long Superior Tech Hallway. I think I'll be fine even without 80 Stealth this time. But I still have 2 Magnets and 13 Cubes left from what I got from my 73 Spooky Shuffles at Halloween.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Dec 14, 2016 9:42 am

My goal for this Christmas event is very simple. I need three Elf mice to get a Gold Crown. That's it. ;))

Off to a bit of a rocky start. Had several areas I should have sped through because they were the plain ol' boring nothing areas, and then a bunch of snowball areas (I didn't mind those), but now I'm finally getting into areas that drop gifts so hopefully I will be able to wrap those up quickly (pun intended :P ).
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Dec 14, 2016 6:33 pm

I've played more passively than I had hoped for over the last few days.
Meaning I haven't finished my Tech run and not got the Mino base yet.
Also meaning I'm not very far in the event either - I have wrapped 3 gifts and not been on a flight yet.

But I've silvered one event mouse!
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Dec 16, 2016 1:29 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:My goal for this Christmas event is very simple. I need three Elf mice to get a Gold Crown.

Goal completed. Yay! :D ;)) Someone else sounded the horn so I didn't get the popup but having a gold crown on an event mouse is definitely worth some bragging points (or I-have-no-life points).
Just hanging out now working my way up to whatever the last reward is for flight. I'm not in any hurry. I have nothing else to do aside from filling the last battery in the FRift.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Dec 19, 2016 9:27 am

I got the Joyful theme over the weekend. The top of it is 'meh', looks just like the other themes. I do like the bottom, but I rarely scroll down that far to see it. :P ;)) My favorite Winter theme is still the very first one they ever released.

I'm now working on Silvering the Scrooge, Mad Elf, and Greedy Al.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Dec 19, 2016 6:23 pm

;)) I misread your first post, FK, and somehow thought that you had gotten a gold crown on EVERY Event mouse and the Elf was your last one. =)) That indeed would be an accomplishment!

I "finished" the event on Sunday but I was still hunting to see what else was available, but now I think I will go utilize the aura elsewhere since I still have quite a bit of unfinished business. That's the problem when you "get behind" on an area or just have plain old bad luck (coughlootdropinLabycough); it takes a long time to catch up again because they roll out new events and areas so frequently now. Anyway, I'm going to finish this Mino run and then go from there. I'll be absent for a few weeks starting in January so if I want to make some good progress on more horn-intensive areas I'd better get busy.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Dec 20, 2016 10:02 am

Hahaha, yeah, just the Elf mouse.
Just finished up myself. :) And I have to say, I think the trap is one of the prettiest I've seen in a while. I probably won't ever use it, but I like the way it looks. :)
I'm gonna stick around the event for the time being. I enjoy the treasure maps and loot rewards and I don't have much else to do right now.
Good luck finishing up the Laby Gymmie!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Dec 20, 2016 10:43 am

How do you farm more artic asiago?
starkat

Postby Varnafinde » Dec 20, 2016 12:11 pm

With Gouda in the Winter Wasteland.

I have wrapped 8 gifts for my third flight, but now I'm stuck because all my "orders" are with skis and sleds, and I haven't been in one of those areas for more than a day, until I just reached one. Instead, I have collected
7 Simple Pair of Skis
0 Deluxe Riding Sled
27 Simple Tree Ornament
19 Deluxe Tree Ornament
47 Simple Toy Top
25 Deluxe Toy Block
Now I can finally fill up a ski order, and if I'm lucky, I might be able to wrap lots of gifts without any more hunting.
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Dec 20, 2016 12:39 pm

starkat wrote:How do you farm more artic asiago?

Arm a regular cheese like Gouda or SB+
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Dec 22, 2016 12:45 pm

My third flight brought me to 130 000 m, and to the last trap :D which is quite pretty, and I've used it for a while. In the end I finally reached a Frosty Mountains (where I want to bronze the Rainbow Racer) - I anchored there until I could go on my fourth flight, and will continue working for flights until I can silver some more event mice.

Then back to the Laby (with the Aura) to finish the run that will give me the Minotaur Base :)
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Dec 26, 2016 2:35 pm

I am now officially where I want to be in the Furoma Rift. I'm still outside the Pagoda, but my 8 batteries are full and ready to enter once the egg hunt starts. Due to lack of stuff to do, I've returned to the Laby to farm trap pieces to sell or give away to you all. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Dec 27, 2016 8:27 am

I did well in the Tech run - with a magnet from one of the many Orange Winter Hunt Gift Boxes I've got. I haven't finished it yet, I left it when I got enough Tech loot for the Minotaur Base, which I'm using in the event now.

I want to silver as many GWH event mice as possible, picking up Orange Boxes along the road, and farming gold at the same time. I'm curious as to whether I'll be able to silver the two new mice - the Joy and the Impostor. I have around 50 of each of them, so I think it's worth trying :)

After the event, but while the aura still lasts, I'd like to silver other mice, and I also need to repair more of my Furoma Rift batteries. A Minotaur run or two wouldn't be amiss either.
Varnafinde

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Dec 29, 2016 6:08 pm

Wow! An actual limited edition trap part that's actually useful to upper level players. I'm probably a year away from having the Event Horizon Trap. . . but still.

Nice little New Year's event all in all.

This event has been great for charm farming too. . . I've got over 150 ultimate power and ultimate luck charms, which will prove quite useful in both the furoma rift and the labyrinth.

I'll probably use the rest of my "aura" in order to progress in the labyrinth since I'm SO FAR BEHIND in there.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » Dec 29, 2016 9:15 pm

I know! I wasn't expecting to see that at all. Now I have something to work towards.
Just arrived at my first New Years Party and hopefully picking up lots of fireworks. I got two earlier while flying but I've got a long way to go.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext