This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 13, 2017 6:37 pm

What are the good "gold farming" areas right now? In the good-ole-days one could pull in 100K a day in the Catacombs. Are there any places where one can make double that?

I am sitting around 10 million gold, and have been for a while :P
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Furoma Rift is pretty good once you're using crafted cheeses...I dunno what the gold rate is but it's pretty good. People also say that the Burroughs Rift is good for gold but I've never spent enough time there myself to find out.

Well, I finished my first AA run. Had to retreat and go back for more Time Sand; I thought I way overdid it the second time but I actually caught the AA with only 6 sand left so what do I know. #:-s Still feeling like I must have had quite a bit of DHU on that run but time will tell. I also went in with no blessings or curses so this run I'm trying for blessings.

Got my Riftstalker Codex so that's nice; it's a very good boost! Glad to see the Rift set get an upgrade.

ETA: I'm sitting on about 90mil (not counting the 30mil I have saved for Ronza) but I'm still lowkey saving up for the Temporal Plates :(( so I'm loath to really go and buy cheese on the Marketplace. I've been crafting MSC with my loads of SB+ instead, lol. So far I'm doing okay on cheese.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Jun 14, 2017 11:04 am

Unfortunately I lost track and had to go offline when I caught the Acolyte. So I don't actually know how much sand I used, but it wasn't much. I think I got the time thingy to 100% with 17 sand or so? And then... maybe 20-25 after that?
I still have 25 Quartz and 77 Runic Cheese leftover, not to mention the potions I had drop. ;))
So hopefully all of the remaining runs go this well. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Jun 15, 2017 3:52 pm

I got my Acolyte and the Codex. At the moment I'm doing another of those "catch something you should avoid because if you avoid it, you can't bronze it" (like the Battering Ram). I have got the Pursued Curse, and have started catching Portal Pursuer mice. As soon as I bronze her, I'll start looking for the chamber where I can get rid of the curse - and then I'll start working on the actual next Acolyte run ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Jun 15, 2017 4:52 pm

It is my personal opinion that you should get all three blessings every time, so that'll give you more of a chance to get the Portal pursuer than the Battering Ram. :) I've caught 5 so far.

Currently sporting the no-luck curse. :p

Working on the longer term goal of bronzing the Acolyte for the better loot.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 15, 2017 6:11 pm

I'm doing my first acolyte run. Have the portal paladins sealed away, but no other blessings. I've got 63 time sand, 30 pieces of runic, and am sporting ultimate power charms.

I've already got my obelisk 11% filled. Using Quantum Quartz to help this go more quickly.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby fantasia » Jun 17, 2017 9:15 am

Just filled up the obelisk in 19 hunts, 18 sand. I have 60 runic cheese remaining.
Setup MYNORCA, Fissure, Runic, Rift Vacuum, Codex, and Quantum Quartz.

Eta: Acolyte caught with 36 pieces of Runic remaining.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby ceppault » Jun 17, 2017 9:26 pm

I'm just sort of playing in the Bristle Woods Rift. Its going to be a lot of trial and error. :p Thank you for the information, really. Helpful notes.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 18, 2017 9:06 am

I am really thinking that I'm going to need to upgrade my rift trap sooner rather than later. I'm still using the focused laser trap right now, and while it's "getting by" I've been in this acolyte chamber forever. . . Going on four days now. . . I'm just ready to be done.

I really like the setup of this new area. It's very much like the labyrinth, but much more passive in its setup.

Speaking of the labyrinth. . . I will probably never end up finishing that area ;))
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby Varnafinde » Jun 18, 2017 11:01 am

I've bronzed the Portal Pursuer, so now I'm hoping for the Pursuer Mousoleum to get rid of her. Then I'll hope for the other two blessings to turn up soon - and for the chamber where I get a new box to collect sand in, to go for my second Acolyte. That one definitely needs to be bronzed as well, to pick up some of the better Mysterious boxes.

Silvering it would be even better - but if I get enough loot to buy the new base and trap before that, I might well stop when I've bought those. (I've seen somebody who have bought them with only a couple of Acolytes - I guess gold and RL dollars are the explanation ...)
Varnafinde

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Having a much better run through this second time. . . I feel like I know what I'm doing a bit more ;))

Right now, I'm ready for an acolyte chamber. . . Just waiting for it to show up. Got the two most important blessings, have 62 sand in my hourglass, and 70 pieces of runic cheese. . . . .

Here chamber chamber chamber ;))
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby fantasia » Jun 28, 2017 1:47 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:It is my personal opinion that you should get all three blessings every time...

This was certainly the case on the first run through without the codex, but I have formed a new opinion. The Guard Barracks is the one that's definitely worth going through every time. I couldn't find that portal last run through and boy did it sap all of my resources capturing the Acolyte mouse. The Frozen Alcove is definitely beneficial, but for me personally, I have so much gold and points I grab it if it comes up, but I don't go searching for it. The Ingress Chamber is a bit of a throw away. I'll probably only go through it from this point on if I need it for a future treasure map, or if there's no better option.

Just caught my 7th Acolyte mouse this morning, but my resources have been drained so I'm sort of starting over a bit. I can buy Ancient Cheese off the Marketplace to help speed things up, but it's Runic Cheese that I desperately need now. ;) A minimum of 15 Acolytes are required for the base, unless I get lucky like Gymmie and have a Timesplit Rune drop. Almost halfway there. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 28, 2017 4:06 pm

How are you guys up to 7 Acolytes?!?!?! @-) That's just nutty! I caught my second one today and was like "Wow! I'm doing really well!" :)) I guess not. . .

Maybe the MYNORCA really does help you speed through this round. I'm just super hesitant to purchase anything right now due to Ronza's likely visit sometime within the next month or so.

That being said, I've raised 10 million gold in the past ten days or so. I've been selling a lot of stuff on the marketplace, which has been a huge gold booster. Ancient String Cheese is moving well on the market right now, and is easily selling for 25K per piece.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby fantasia » Jun 28, 2017 4:21 pm

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:How are you guys up to 7 Acolytes?!?!?! @-)

I don't know about "you guys". Last I checked, most of my friends have caught 1 or 2.
And honestly, I'm not quite sure how I've caught so many as I feel like I'm going rather slowly. I don't have that nice streamlined feeling that I get when I feel like I've got a good grasp on the area. Still learning. :)
Obviously being a buyer of Ancient cheese certainly boosts progress. ;)) That's all I know.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Jun 29, 2017 3:40 pm

I haven't caught my second one yet - but I have also been running around on a couple of treasure maps as well, including in FW, where I looted a Crystal and sold it to buy a Metal and FINALLY craft a Monstro.

Which I won't need at BW Rift at all :p but I still enjoy it :)

I have a good amount of time sand and Quantum Quartz for my second run, but I need more Runic cheese before I dare go in (and I don't think I've seen the AA chamber this run either). I've cleared all the curses, either during the minigame or through getting the needed chamber afterwards.

I'll be back to finish my second run eventually, and I aim to do at least 10 runs, and see how close that gets me to buying the new base and trap.
Varnafinde

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 29, 2017 6:17 pm

I'm still working on my third, but I also haven't been buying Ancient Cheese and I was gone from home for about five days so wasn't hunting in the BRift. So that probably hasn't helped, lol.

Man, I hate buying stuff in the MP but I have plenty of gold; I should probably just bite the bullet and buy some Ancient Cheese to get me out of this cheese rut because that is really what is holding me back right now.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

PreviousNext