This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Something Is Coming...But What? [April Fool's!]

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Something Is Coming...But What? [April Fool's!]

Postby Hugh Hologram » Mar 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Good Mortereve, ladies and gents of Narniaweb! Wow, quite a lot of new faces. New faces are good! I think. Anyway, for those of you who don’t know me, I go by the name Hugh Hologram, and you can find me most days of the week hanging out in Ditto Town, my old home. Pretty place, lots of trees and platypus and Jedi and Hobbits, oh my! Anyway, that’s not why I came by. I was looking through some files that Boo Kay has been following for the Ditto Town News, and it looks like something big is coming up soon. Even putting our two heads together (and calling together the rest of the Ditto Town Hosts and adding their heads to ours) failed to clear up the matter. We don’t know what’s going on, but all we know is, it’s going to be big. Won’t be just in Ditto Town, either. Something’s coming, and when it hits, well, the whole forum will know.

So prepare for a chance of a lifetime! Be prepared for sensational news-be prepared for the murkiest scam! Meticulous planning, tenacity spanning decades of denial is simply why I’ll—

* Lucy Librarian runs in and whispers something into Hugh’s ear *

What was that? Really? Well!

I’m sorry, apparently I was quoting The Lion King. That sort of thing happens when you hang out in Ditto Town, sometimes. Wow, has it been a long time since I got out of Ditto Town and into the lovely suburbs of Spare Oom! Haven’t seen many of you around Ditto Town, either, which is sad. Old downtown shouldn’t be forgotten just because newer, grander spaces are opening up! If you have a spare moment or two, do pop in to the Town Square for some drinks, fellowship and catching up on the local gossip! I hope to see you all soon!

Oh, and remember!

Be prepared!
~ Read the Ditto Town Frequently Asked Questions ~
Hugh Hologram
Ditto Town Host

Re: Something Is Coming...But What?

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Mar 29, 2014 6:05 pm

Normally I would be a slightly more concerned when someone unconsciously launches into an epic villain song from an epic Disney movie, but it's a great scene, so I don't mind. :D

*shall call upon all of the training she acquired during her one week in Girl Scouts as a child to prepare her for the Something that is to come*
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby TheGentleWarrior » Mar 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Well... this is quite interesting. Doesn't sound too awful. I sense a touch of excitement, wonder, joyous opportunities.....

UNLESS.... that's just means of hiding the true outcome of this "Something" that is to come?

Regardless, I shall be ready. B-)

*pulls out her bow and arrows and prepares to possibly call her backup*
Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!
TheGentleWarrior
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Galadriel » Mar 29, 2014 8:52 pm

What is it? Is the King dead? Has an enemy landed? Is it a flood? Or dragons?

*cough* Sorry, apparently I am using the words of my good friend Puddleglum. ;;) Yes, I sense as well that something strange is afoot. A foreboding thought residing deep within my memory warns me that we must all be prepared... Whatever it is, I sense it will happen soon.
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Mar 29, 2014 9:51 pm

Is that where all the platypuses (platipi?) have gone? Under my nose all the time. Oh well, All Will Be Made Clear. Or will it?
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Mar 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Awesome use of a CoN quote, Lady Galadriel. :))

*wonders if Mr. Hologram would possibly be interested in giving a teeny tiny hint regarding the content of these mysterious and potentially portentous files* :D
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Boo Kay Bucket » Mar 30, 2014 4:54 pm

I have one of the files right here, Miss Rose. Please do put on a pair of gloves before you handle the paper, however. We've gotten a lot of these sorts of thing--this one had "pay attention to the letters" written on the envelope.

Here's the letter, if you want to see:

Twas springtime, and
The flowers were pretty
Delectable, pickable roses
And fluffy dandelions I
Did blow, twirling in a little
dance I
thought to myself, I see
how the world spins, careening
through the open
sky, swaying and moving
to a secret tune I
cannot hear. I stop, frost my ears do nip,
listening to the shattering glass.

Here at the news station, we haven't been able to make heads or tails of it. Good luck.
Pay up or move out!
Boo Kay Bucket
Ditto Town Host

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Mar 30, 2014 6:13 pm

How interesting. @-)

It was all lovely and fuzzy until we got to the shattering glass bit. *shall have to look into boarding up the windows in Ditto Town, just to be on the safe side* :-?

Hmm, the second letters of the first five lines spell "When I", but things kind of fall apart after that.

If you take the third letter after every single letter that's capitalized and run it through an anagram solver, you get the name "Delia Death." Wow, that sounds like a really... cheery... person. :-s :|

*shivers and continues to fiddle with her anagram solver, wondering why the lines stop at such random places* :-??
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Lady Galadriel » Mar 30, 2014 8:04 pm

The Rose-Tree Dryad, obviously we see it but have not deduced it (at least not correctly). And this is despite my fifteen-minute crash course in identifying different ciphering techniques. Perhaps someone needs to call in Sherlock Holmes?

In the meantime, if Ditto Town appears to be the safe place to hide as the something approaches, perhaps I will have to consider stopping in.
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby King_Erlian » Mar 31, 2014 7:53 am

I feel like Uncle Andrew, only able to hear gruntings and roarings while everyone else hears the Beasts speak.

I DON'T GET IT!!! :((

Can someone please explain what Ditto Town is all about?
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby stargazer » Mar 31, 2014 12:18 pm

Great use of a Lion King quote! :ymapplause:

So something is coming, eh? I'll try to be vigilant. Hopefully Ditto Town will indeed be a safe haven, but who knows for sure?

King_Erlian, a quick answer is that Ditto Town is the creative writing section of NarniaWeb. The Town Square is a sort of online lounge for open discussions. It's like a conversation between NarniaWebbers.

The other sections are for role plays and creative story writing. More info is available here.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Movie Aristotle » Mar 31, 2014 2:18 pm

I do not understand and therefore will forget this warning and continue with my daily life.
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Ryadian » Mar 31, 2014 2:51 pm

Something ominous is coming, huh? Well, we Dittopians have weathered far worse--so I say, bring it on! ;) (Famous last words.... ;) )

The Rose-Tree Dryad, I'm glad that you have some ideas--I'm afraid that this kind of puzzle is generally out of my league. :ymblushing: Hmm.... *Ponders the potential poetic patterns*
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Mar 31, 2014 8:37 pm

Oh my! I just heard a whisper carried on the breeze and it suggested to look at the first letter of the last word of each line... and I think it spells out a message for us! :-o

*takes more notes* :-B
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Apr 01, 2014 7:00 am

*floats in*
Well, something has happened alright. I AM DEAD!
Read about my death (and the deaths of others in the announcement section of any forum).

*floats out*
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Meltintalle » Apr 01, 2014 8:33 am

*observes that Twigs has made a haunting statement*
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Next