This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Fascinating World of Personality Types

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The Fascinating World of Personality Types

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Sep 24, 2016 2:16 pm

Arwenel wrote:As an INTP, i have trouble picking favorites. I can make a list of all the stuff i really like, but i certainly couldn't tell you which TV show/musician/video game/etc. was my absolute favorite.

That seems to be in line with a lot of INTPs from what I've seen from a few Google searches. That's not to say that INTPs don't like a lot of things or aren't capable of listing those likes, as you said, but they find it difficult to boil it down to absolute favorites.

Arwenel wrote:Something i'm curious about: with the partial exception of Christmas, i don't really get a lot out of traditions, especially wedding traditions. I've tried to picture what i would like my own (theoretical) wedding to be like, but while i know i don't want to just go to a justice of the peace and have a purely legal arrangement, pretty much everything i've heard of or seen done gets only a "meh" from me. Does anyone else have this experience?

Well, I'm an INFJ and I've never been one of those girls who has a Pinterest board of wedding ideas. (Well, I don't have a Pinterest at all, but you get the point. :P) I've never really thought much about what my wedding would be like... maybe it seemed to me as getting ahead of myself. ;)) That's not to say that I've never looked at wedding dresses in the past and I'm sure I would try to do something meaningful and nice if I end up getting married, but having a "perfect wedding" has never been something I've dreamed about. From a personality type perspective, I think this makes sense because INFJs tend to be big picture, futuristic thinkers, and placing a huge focus on one day seems a little counter-intuitive to that mindset.

I'm honestly surprised I haven't been able to find many articles about "Wedding Planning According to Your MBTI Type"... given all the things that people try to use MBTI for, you'd think that this would be one of them as well. I did find this blog post on wedding themes. (Bird theme for ENFJs? What would that even look like?... Er, maybe I should be thinking doves instead of Big Bird. :P)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Nov 29, 2016 1:54 pm

An amusing MBTI-related anecdote...

My brother has this running gag where he'll randomly shave off his beard and then see how long it takes for me to realize that he's clean-shaven. :P I feel like this is a good example of one of the differences between Sensing and Intuitive types... sometimes it will take me as long as a day to realize that the beard is gone. :)) I'll be talking to him and be completely oblivious until I start wondering why his eyes are twinkling in amusement, and then I notice what's obvious to everyone else. (Or at least obvious to the other Sensing types in my family.) It's interesting to me that I pick up on a small detail of his expression sooner than notice something as glaring as whether or not he has a beard anymore! That would be expected of an INFJ, though, as we're very attuned to other people's emotions, but not so attuned to the physical details of our environments.

Of course, my brother thinks all of this is very funny because he's a Sensing type and is quick to notice these types of details. :P I used to think he was an INTP, then an INTJ, then an ISTP, and finally I figured out he was an ISTJ this past year. (I freely admit that I'm not very good at typing people, especially when they aren't very interested in typology themselves. ;)))
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 04, 2018 4:14 pm

I am an INFJ. It helped so much to discover this -- things started to make sense. INFJs are apparently the most extroverted of the introverts, and that describes me really well: definitely introverted, but can be chatty, especially in one-on-one conversations. And I am definitely an idealist :P
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Nov 03, 2018 3:29 pm

Has anyone ever taken the Sociotype.com test? Lately it's been causing some seismic activity in my perception of personality, or at least my own. :P

I've taken it three or four times and I keep getting either INFP with a Ne subtype or ENFP with an Fi subtype. (I should mention that, in Socionics, INFPs are INFj, and INFJs are INFp... confusing, I know.) Normally I would shake this off and assume that I was just getting faulty results because tests are imperfect, but I read a description of the INFP-Ne subtype a few months ago and was kind of unnerved by how familiar it was to me — especially compared to the INFJ subtype I had previously assumed was my type.

I wouldn't care so much, but I've identified as an INFJ for well over five years now. I don't understand what's happening. :P I've never said that I was great at typing people, but good grief. :))

One interesting note about the Sociotype quiz: in the final phase, you pick between pictures of random people based on who you'd rather be stuck with on a desert island. I'm not exactly sure what they are gauging there, but supposedly it eliminates bias in the test taker. :-?
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Kalta79 » Nov 05, 2018 7:11 am

Was bored and looking for something to do, so I took the test and this is what I got:

INTJ
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(6%) Thinking(6%) Judging(22%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (6%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (6%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

Frankly I just prefer to be referred to as "Crazy Cat Lady", but whatever :-)
Kalta79
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous