This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

BRITISH MUSEUM: PROTOTYPE FOR NOAH'S ARK WAS ROUND

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

BRITISH MUSEUM: PROTOTYPE FOR NOAH'S ARK WAS ROUND

Postby Stylteralmaldo » Jan 24, 2014 6:52 pm

I thought this article was interesting given the fact that Reepacheep had a coracle that he utilized:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/ ... 4-14-58-33

LONDON (AP) -- It was a vast boat that saved two of each animal and a handful of humans from a catastrophic flood.

But forget all those images of a long vessel with a pointy bow - the original Noah's Ark, new research suggests, was round.

A recently deciphered 4,000-year-old clay tablet from ancient Mesopotamia - modern-day Iraq - reveals striking new details about the roots of the Old Testament tale of Noah. It tells a similar story, complete with detailed instructions for building a giant round vessel known as a coracle - as well as the key instruction that animals should enter "two by two."

My nickname emoji: :@)

...Let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity,...with instruction about ablutions, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. (Hebrews 6:1-2)
Stylteralmaldo
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Bloodlines Guru

Re: BRITISH MUSEUM: PROTOTYPE FOR NOAH'S ARK WAS ROUND

Postby Shadowlander » Jan 24, 2014 10:11 pm

Now wouldn't that be something? A round ark ;)) I don't have the text in front of me, but didn't God provide Noah with specific lengths and widths though? Even so still an interesting find. :D
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Jan 25, 2014 5:51 am

What a load of tripe! I think I'll go by what God's Word says, not what some secular scientists say. They don't even believe the Bible is true. Also, an ark with a round design would be inappropriate for a world-wide flood.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Shadowlander » Jan 25, 2014 7:13 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:What a load of tripe! I think I'll go by what God's Word says, not what some secular scientists say. They don't even believe the Bible is true. Also, an ark with a round design would be inappropriate for a world-wide flood.

It'd certainly be an interesting design! ;)) I'm not engineer (we'd need ValiantArcher for confirmation on this) but I would think that if you've got all of the animals on Earth in this vessel that if the two elephants, and maybe the rhinos (because they're feeling adventurous), and the hippos (because they're succumbing to peer pressure) and perhaps a few wildebeest (who are just curious where everyone is going) all decide to wander over to one side of the Ark...I'm thinking the thing is going to stand on end like a coin on edge. Then again it may be the Ark was designed so the animals couldn't wander which would prevent that from even being and issue.

But like I said in the CRaP thread, I think those long ago Biblical patriarchs were a lot smarter than we give em' credit for and probably had a wealth of engineering knowledge built up from thousands of years of long life spans.
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent