This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Christmas Wish List

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Christmas Wish List

Postby Puddleglum » Dec 08, 2013 10:26 pm

Christmas Greetings to all Narnians out there.

I have been asked to open the topic of What people would wish for on Christmas. be it Peace on Earth, or a new puppy, lets hear from you.

To start off, I shall submit my modest requests;
-Safe travel for all who venture out, be they visiting family, or looking for those last minute deals.
-Health to all those whom I know to be suffering ailments.
-Safety, and comfort to all who must be away from loved ones, be it business, or serving in military posts around the world.
-for myself personally, I wish for the boldness to share the Gospel with others more effectivly.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Re: Christmas Wish List

Postby Shadowlander » Dec 08, 2013 11:05 pm

*Sees Puddleglum's list and quietly puts away his desire for an adult-sized Green Machine*
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby Aslanisthebest » Dec 08, 2013 11:26 pm

=)) SL.

I appreciated reading your list, Puddleglum!

Here are a few trivial things I want:

1. School supplies. :P
2. Books to add to my library: books I love but do not own, books I've neve read, any kind of good books. :D
3. Yarn for knitting is always welcome, as are pattern books.
4. Chocolate is even more welcome. Any kind of food, really. Turkish delight, ingredients to make pasta, premium cooking things like saffron or lemon extract.... or even just crunchy peanut butter. :P
5. Fuzzy socks....

To prepare for the new year, I usually add a calendar category (specifically, Kitty Calendars since my sister and I have an unwritten agreement to always keep one), but we received a much lovelier Narnia calendar from a certain hobbit and will be using that one instead. (Thanks, Jo!! :D )
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby SnowAngel » Dec 09, 2013 5:52 pm

I was waiting for this thread to open, but now my list seems trivial and a little bit selfish too. Thanks for the reminding me of those things, Puddleglum, I think December hit and I allowed myself to get wrapped up in me.

Aslanisthebest wrote:2. Books to add to my library: books I love but do not own, books I've neve read, any kind of good books. :D
Always. :)

These are top four on my list.
  1. October Baby (the novelization),
  2. Christmas Offerings (DVD),
  3. a new MP3 player, Sansa Clip Zip 4gb in gray with a purple cover, :)
  4. and speakers for my MP3 player (I really need these for work).

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 10, 2013 4:34 am

1. Possibly some cooking equipment for when I move for uni in February.
2. Supermarket gift cards for the same reason.

Now I have my own money I seem to by stuff I want myself. Nice to have some gift cards however so I don't spend gifted money on random stuff.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby wild rose » Dec 10, 2013 5:18 am

Peace on Earth...I suppose that isn't too great a thing to wish for, is it? But seriously, with all the craziness going on in my area, I really wish for peace and safety, not just for here, but everywhere.

I don't know if we'll be doing presents this year, but if we were:
-drawing pencils
-acryllic paints
-a parakeet friend for my bird Robin :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Impending Doom » Dec 10, 2013 5:43 pm

15 days till Christmas!

1. I'm hoping for the 2014 Narnia Calendar from Jeff Murray! I've been eyeing it for a while so I hope someone in my family has noticed. ;)
2. A new cookbook.
3. Chocolate.... any kind and every kind is ok with me.

Peace on Earth...I suppose that isn't too great a thing to wish for, is it? But seriously, with all the craziness going on in my area, I really wish for peace and safety, not just for here, but everywhere.

I ask for that same thing every Christmas! We need to spread the Love.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby coracle » Dec 18, 2013 1:45 am

My wishes are about my home.
I am waiting for the (post quake) repair authorities to check the house and give me a date for when they will do the minor repairs it needs.
I want them to include fixing three areas in the floor where the piles have risen up and the floor is uneven.
And if it won't affect their repairs, I want to rebuild the deck along the sunny side of the house, to use THIS January (summer here).
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby SnowAngel » Dec 18, 2013 5:10 pm

I have crossed two things off my wish list! :) I have made enough money this month, I was able to go ahead and buy the MP3 player and case. And it wasn't any too soon either, my old one sounds terrible! :(

I also purchased October Baby, one of my sisters was buying a book for another sister and the place she was getting it from had October Baby for $6. That was the cheapest I could find it for, so I bought it. :) I think I will wait until after Christmas to read it though, since I still have Christmas books to read.

Merry Christmas!

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Puddleglum » Dec 22, 2013 10:59 pm

A addition to my list. At least, in this case I wish to be more specific about one of my wishes.
That My son, along with all others on the road, have a safe journey home tomorrow.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby SnowAngel » Dec 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Well, did anyone get anything for Christmas off their wish list?

I didn't get anything off the wish list I posted on here, but I did get several things I really wanted. I got the usual stocking stuffers and clothing and then the fun stuff:
a blue necklace (it's gorgeous and just what I needed),
several pairs of earrings (I love earrings. I don't wear necklaces or bracelets very often, but earrings are a must wear for me - especially if they are purple!),
mascara and blush (not overly excited about these two, but I do need them both), dark chocolate,
my own copy of We're No Angels,
an adorable cupcake shaped container (it was a latch and it's perfect for hiding my chocolate stash in),
and lastly a wool cloche with flower on the side (it's burgundy and oh so cute).

The hat is my favorite of all the gifts I received this Christmas. It's very vintage looking, but it is brand new and perfect addition to my hat collection. My older brother said it looks similar to a hat that the character Mae Braddock wears in Cinderella Man and I am pretty sure he is right. :D

One of my sisters gave me Beyond This Moment by Tamera Alexander. I love new books! It was really good, yes, I already finished it. :D

After all that I still have my Christmas money for my grandparents to spend! I entirely too many ideas about how to spend it. :D I am leaning towards a new Third Day CD or maybe adding to the money and getting a season of Road To Avonlea.

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness