This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

NaNoWriMo '13 - It's here!!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: NaNoWriMo '13 - It's here!!!

Postby daughter of the King » Nov 25, 2013 9:12 pm

I've also given up. Cold weather just doesn't agree with me and my tolerance has decreased this year. Too much pain and fatigue to get a substantial amount of writing done every day. If I can keep up my average of 600 words every other day, I think I can actually finish this story though. It won't be very polished, and will probably have more than one gaping plot hole in it, but it will be complete. Eventually.

Congrats to those who have already won! And to those of you still in the race: go! go! go!
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby shastastwin » Nov 26, 2013 12:45 pm

I reached 39k moments ago! :D I may get more written today, but I feel like I've done a lot pushing to finish this chapter already. I'm going to reach 50k in time. I'm determined. ;)

ETA: 40k; only 10k to write in the next 4 days. That's very doable.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Melian_Maia » Nov 26, 2013 6:22 pm

I've, um, fallen very behind despite my strong start. I have about 26k right now. I'm hoping to be able to finish with 50k, but I'm not sure how that's possible right now. Fingers crossed that I can make it!! ;))
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stardf29 » Nov 30, 2013 3:45 am

Well, this is it. The last day.

The end is in sight. Time for a final push.

Myself, I've got about 5,000 words to write still. Very doable; just have to go to the final write-in and do like I've done each Saturday.

If you still consider yourself even remotely in the race, then go for it! See you on the other side of the finish line!
"A Series of Miracles", a blog about faith and anime.

Avatar: Kojiro Sasahara of Nichijou.
stardf29
Moderator Emeritus
I'm on a goat.

Postby shastastwin » Nov 30, 2013 4:04 pm

As you may have figured out based on my new avatar, I have completed my 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo! :D There is still a good bit of work left to do to even finish this draft, and it will require lots of editing over the next few months/years (let's be honest, there's no telling when this will get finished, especially since I need to finish the current draft of the first book in this series).

Congrats to all the other winners/completers so far, and good luck to those who are still chugging along for 50k. If you haven't made it to 50k or don't make it, you're still a winner in my book because you at least tried to do something millions of people wouldn't consider. Congratulations to everyone for their attempts at NaNo this year. See you in 11 months! ;)
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Queen Susan » Nov 30, 2013 4:09 pm

It's been sad seeing everyone dropping out, and dropping out myself after 10 days... This year just wasn't the same as previous years, but I'll take the blame for that.

BUT, my huge congrats to those finishing and who have finished! I have more respect for you all now that I have failed. ;) WOOT WOOT! *throws confetti*
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby Arwenel » Nov 30, 2013 5:03 pm

*pokes head in*

I won too.

*ducks back out*
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind
Some come from above, some come from behind
But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~ Dr. Seuss
Arwenel
NarniaWeb Guru
"We Mistborn need not make sense." (BC)

Postby wild rose » Dec 01, 2013 11:42 pm

I almost made my goal. I wrote 100k in one month but wasn't able to finish the novel, it just turned out to be waaaaaaay longer than I expected! I'm almost thinking of dividing into two books. But I'm glad I reached my goal of 100k (even though that meant writing 24k in two days)
I'm going to dedicate the first week of December to finishing my NaNo novel, then I'm going to put it aside till January while I work on a previous novel that I started and need to finish and edit.

hooray for all the winners *throws confetti and candy around*

(ooh, I thought I'd mention, that to celebrate my finished NaNo and winning, I went to my very first time ever Skillet concert; which was totally awesome and a great way to finish NaNoWriMo and November)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby johobbit » Dec 06, 2013 10:30 am

Popping in here to congratulate all you who participated—and worked so hard—in NaNo this year, whether you made 'the goal' or not. Way to go!!! :ymparty:
johobbit

Postby MoonlightDancer » Dec 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Would anyone like to exchange and read stories? I didn't do one this year but I recently finished the story I had written 2 years ago. :)
Forever a proud Belieber

Live life with the ultimate joy and freedom.
MoonlightDancer
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Location: I'll be up in the stars, I'll be anywhere you are...

Postby Queen Susan » Dec 14, 2013 9:35 am

I'd be willing to MoonlightDancer! I remember thinking two years ago that your story sounded very interesting. Just shoot me a message if you're still interested... :)
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Previous