This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

NaNoWriMo '13 - It's here!!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: NaNoWriMo '13 - It's here!!!

Postby johobbit » Nov 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Quinlin, it's great to see you on the forum again. :D And congrats on your 3,000 posts!!! What a great way to come back. ;))

I'm not a NaNo-ite, but just wanted to wish everyone well. I love the anticipatory excitement. Here's to a great writing month for you all!
B-)
johobbit

Postby stargazer » Nov 01, 2013 2:24 pm

*Echoes congrats to Quinlin on 3000 posts, and to our NaNo writers for their impressive early word counts*

Hard to believe it's finally here...I was on the road much of the day so I'm only up to a whopping 557 words. ;)) But I've been making lots of notes the past few weeks so once I have a chance to settle down and really write, that should improve dramatically.

Good luck to one and all!
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Melian_Maia » Nov 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Quinny dear! Congrats on 3000 posts, and welcome to the insanity!! ;)) It's good to see you again. :)

I've just hit 5k, and with another six hours of writing time for the day, I'm hoping to hit 8-9k today. Since I'm only going to be writing on the weekends, I really want to end this first one with an impressive word count. :P
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Arwenel » Nov 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Between last night and tonight, i've gotten 2,004 words written. I think that's all i'm gonna do today.

I really need a laptop and somewhere quiet and private to work, i think. Also somewhere with no wifi or something. ;))
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind
Some come from above, some come from behind
But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~ Dr. Seuss
Arwenel
NarniaWeb Guru
"We Mistborn need not make sense." (BC)

Postby Ithilwen » Nov 01, 2013 11:19 pm

I've written 4203 words so far, and have finished Chapter One. I'm probably going to do a bit more tonight, but for now I'm giving my wrists a short break, as well as plotting out Chapter Two.

I look forward to seeing how long I can keep up this pace. :P

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby wild rose » Nov 02, 2013 2:08 am

Do my wrists ache or what :p *rubs her sore wrists*

Bella wrote:I really didn't think that I would be formally joining, but I've been in such a writing mood lately (after a long, long time), so I might take advantage of the situation and write.

YAY!!!! I hope I'll be able to word war with you :ymhug: (thought with the fact that Russia didn't switch to the daylight saving, I'm even more ahead than I was before :| so catching anyone online these days is not the easiest thing.)

Quinlin...QUINLIN *huggletackles* :ymhug: I haven't seen you in SO long!!!! :ymhug: congrat on 3000 posts!!!!

Quinlin wrote:Now my biggest problem is...I have no idea where to start.

haha, I had the same problem, it was November 1st and I sat down to write, set up my writing space and suddenly I was like...now what? :-\
Good luck with your writing :)

I hit 5k last night and finished my third chapter :) , I think I coud have written more, but I got distracted cross-stitching a picture that seemed like a much more inviting and fun project :p I'm hoping to hit 10k today (provided I resist the temptation to finish my cross-stitch :p )

Cheers for everyone!!!! :-bd
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby SummerSnow » Nov 02, 2013 4:49 pm

How is everyone's novels/word counts coming along? I'm behind, partly because I rewrote the beginning several times. :p Yes, the one thing you aren't supposed to do. But it actually helped, so I'm happy.
Good luck on writing, everyone! :)
My lovely avatar was made by Valia!
SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie
The WC Submersible Subterfuge Sub

Postby shastastwin » Nov 02, 2013 5:14 pm

Well, I've been sick since Thursday night and have only been able to sit down and write a bit this morning. I hit over 1400 words, though. Maybe I'll be able to catch up in the next week, once I'm better.

Congrats to all you early heavy hitters! Keep going, everyone!
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby DamselJillPole » Nov 03, 2013 1:21 am

Congrats to everyone's word count and especially to wild rose and Melian for going past 10k. Keep up the huge energy guys! :ymapplause:

I'm at 6,580. I wrote all last night till daylight silly me. Trying to write on the weekends to me is really hard because I spend a lot of family time on these days and my word count should hopefully pick back up during the week days.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby SummerSnow » Nov 03, 2013 2:18 pm

I hope you're feeling better, Stwin.
Congrats to everyone who's written, whether you be behind or ahead. Keep on writing! :)
Would anyone be interested in doing a word war with me at some point? It's generally done over chat, correct? (Sorry, I've never done a WW on Narniaweb before.)
SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wild rose » Nov 03, 2013 4:25 pm

I'm so sorry your were feeling sick shastastwin, I hope you will be feeling better :)
I got to 12k today, and I had a lot of fun writing it. My MC is showing up her true colors and they aren't very pretty :p

how is your novel coming along Summersnow? I'd love to word war with you whenever you and I are online at the same time :) , and yes, we usually do the WW in chat :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby stargazer » Nov 04, 2013 3:39 pm

My MC is showing up her true colors and they aren't very pretty.

I "like" this line. :)

My inspiration comes and goes - and is usually strongest away from the keyboard, so I have lots of handwritten notes - but I'm still plugging away. Currently I'm up to about 5200 words - behind par for this date but picking up steam!
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Melian_Maia » Nov 06, 2013 3:15 pm

I'm sitting at about 20k right now, with two and a half chapters written. Eep. ;)) I'm hoping for another good writing day today (so much for only writing on the weekends...), and plan to hit 25k by tomorrow morning.

How's it going for all of you? :)
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby SummerSnow » Nov 06, 2013 4:46 pm

It's going fairly well, Wild Rose. I'm behind, but I think I should be able to catch up soon. That would be awesome. Are there any particular times or days that work well for you? :)
SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby shastastwin » Nov 06, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks for all the well wishes, folks. I'm back to normal functioning levels for the most part. Tonight is the first time I've been well and focused enough to write since Saturday morning, so here's hoping for a few very productive days in a row. :D
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Arwenel » Nov 06, 2013 11:00 pm

Things are ... progressing. Just hit the word count goal for the 6th, just under the wire. I work 2-11 PM tomorrow, so all that progress might be lost, but maybe not.

It feels like the plot is progressing, too. It certainly isn't like my second year, where my characters seemed content to wander about the wintry countryside, staying at cheap inns and wasting what little money they had.
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind
Some come from above, some come from behind
But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~ Dr. Seuss
Arwenel
NarniaWeb Guru
"We Mistborn need not make sense." (BC)

PreviousNext