This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Peoples' Forum: It Begins. Now.

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The Peoples' Forum: It Begins. Now.

Postby Ben 10 » Apr 01, 2013 1:46 pm

Adeona wrote:and assorted other characters struggling to deal with all this in their own... oddball... styles.

I don't have an oddball style. I'm cool. (especially if I'm Big Chill at the time ;) ) If you're talking oddball behavior, I need to introduce you to my cousin, Gwen. Now, SHE is an oddball. :P

Welcome, everyone (except the Joker. Down with Joker!), to NarniaWeb, by the way. We're glad to have you, and hope your intentions are all as noble as foundations of this forum.

Thanks... I think. /:)
And of course my intentions are noble! I have the most noble intentions in the universe! If I didn't, I'd be no better than Vilgax, the Forever Knights, any of the rest... or even this clown who calls himself the Joker.
Ben 10
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Zita the Spacegirl » Apr 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Supermouse wrote:*bows and signs autograph with neat flourish*

Thank you so much, Supermouse! Pizicatto and I will treasure this! :D

--*~Zita~*--
Zita the Spacegirl
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Captain America » Apr 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Welcome, everyone (except the Joker. Down with Joker!), to NarniaWeb, by the way. We're glad to have you, and hope your intentions are all as noble as foundations of this forum.

*salutes* Thank you ma'am. I'm honored to defend such a remarkable place. I'll vouch for most of the crowd; they're loyal friends and good soldiers. Just don't get in between Stark and his shawarma.

To the Joker: I have fought men of your kind before. This is a forum of free members and you shall not prevail! For liberty!

--Cap **==
Captain America
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Black Widow » Apr 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Cap's right. All we want is the good of this forum. We'll do what we can to keep you safe.

For those who haven't met me, I'm Natasha Romanoff. I'm working with SHIELD due to the recent threats here. Don't mind me, I don't usually hurt anybody. Much.
"Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that. I'm Russian."
Black Widow
NarniaWeb Nut
Natasha Romanoff, SHIELD Agent

Postby The Joker » Apr 01, 2013 2:10 pm

My dear Adeona. This is not a takeover. I learned long ago nothing is to be earned by conquering men. Instead, I merely come to...set. you. free. Embrace your freedom--or don't! You'll see, in the end. Only those who wish to be...subjected. Will be.

And Captain...Liberty, always liberty. We are quite alike, you and I. Even though you do not...realize it. Who tries to bind the members to silly rules? Is it not the mods? Who limits the choices of the members, requiring that one, subjectively chosen way, is right? Do the members limit themselves this way? Oh no. Look around you. They have been held captive by a small oligarchy. It is our job. To. Set. Them. Free.

We don't do it for thanks or fame. We do it for...the people. Now. If you are for the people, then you will be for liberty. But if you fight to subjugate them. To return them to their enslaved state to the mods. Then we are enemies. Indeed.
Why so serious?
The Joker
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lois Lane » Apr 01, 2013 2:21 pm

Define Liberty Joker. You appear to define it as one can do anything they so wish. That creates chaos and disorder. We are human beings and residents of planet Earth whether we are native to it or not. There must be a form of order. A free press is one of those things that allows for order. Both sides of the story must be told. And that includes the moderators side. That is why I investigate as I have yet to get any information from them.
Lois Lane
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Thor Odinson » Apr 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Joker, you are but words! If you truly intend to take over this forum, you must do more than waste your breath. Come, let us fight, man to man. *swings hammer*
“Oh, no... this is Earth... isn’t it?”

Stop. Hammer time.
Thor Odinson
NarniaWeb Regular
God of Thunder

Postby The Joker » Apr 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Liberty is...unobstructed action according to...the will. Within the limits drawn around us. By the equal rights of others. Not the despotism of a few.

Now, tell me this.

what does your Captain think liberty is?
Why so serious?
The Joker
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Captain America » Apr 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Your "liberty" is merely disguised anarchy, Joker. You would have us mistake order for enslavement and turn to your rule instead? I fight for democracy and a society free of madmen dictators like you. We are nothing alike! Do not test my patience, unless your face would like a personal appointment with my shield.

--Cap **==
Captain America
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby The Joker » Apr 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Then, let me tell you who I take my definition of liberty from. Ask Oracle to check for you, if you don't believe me. Your Thomas Jefferson said that. Do you really wish to fight against the tenants of...your own fathers? Have they turned your mind around so much that you can't see even the, uh, validity of the words of the first champions of America?

I have no wish to rule. Only to...enlighten. the people. I know you...see the truth. You turn to violence only...because. You. Fear. Me.
Why so serious?
The Joker
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lois Lane » Apr 01, 2013 2:40 pm

The only thing I fear is being late for my deadline. You've not been scared if you haven't seen Perry White on a rampage.

Structure and rules allow us true freedom as we know how far we can and can't go with things. Kind of like grammar rules. It's why we have proof readers at the paper. Grammar obviously isn't my strong suit and neither is typing as you can see from my posts. Proof readers keep my articles readable, but it is my responsibility to find out the truth.
Lois Lane
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Black Widow » Apr 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Joker. You've all but taken over this forum. Mind telling us what happens next? What's your plan?
"Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that. I'm Russian."
Black Widow
NarniaWeb Nut
Natasha Romanoff, SHIELD Agent

Postby Miss Martian » Apr 01, 2013 2:57 pm

I've heard talk about freedom and the like from the Justice League, but this perspective on it and anarchy is new to me. I think it'll be helpful when I have to go back to high school under my earthly alias.
Miss Martian
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby The Joker » Apr 01, 2013 2:59 pm

I'm still waiting to see what your...captain...defines liberty as. Strange that I can answer each...question that is asked. of me. But there is never an answer from your...leader.

But let me ask you this, then, Miss Lane. If all men need strict rules, then what makes a democracy better than an oligarchy? Why should the people rule, when a king could make laws just as well? Who is to make the...grammar rules of society? Who is to decide what...dialect of English is the proper one to...proof read your little articles in? Still, I see you...search for truth by searching for the status quo. Do you...ever consider. The status quo. Might. be. wrong?
Why so serious?
The Joker
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ironman » Apr 01, 2013 3:13 pm

*lands beside Thor, but far enough away as to not get slammed by the Hammer of Doom*

Hmm, what is this? Shakespeare in Forum? "Doth mother know you wereth her makeup, Joker?"

*sets all combat systems on standby... just incase*
"The truth is... I am Iron Man"
Ironman
NarniaWeb Newbie
The Awesome One

Postby Thor Odinson » Apr 01, 2013 3:17 pm

You have no idea what you are dealing with. *swings hammer*
“Oh, no... this is Earth... isn’t it?”

Stop. Hammer time.
Thor Odinson
NarniaWeb Regular