This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby QueenEsther » Sep 21, 2014 11:16 am

Hello!

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): I was named after Esther in the Bible, and my username is QueenEsther (Obviously :D )
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single
4. Occupation: High School student, Small business owner
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: By searching for every Narnia website I could find!! I love Narnian communities.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 9
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: 20 times
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Silver Chair, and probably The Last Battle... this is such a hard question!!
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I started a small business /craft shop when I was 10. I love Photography, anything artsy or crafts, website creation, and reading. I think C. S. Lewis is one of the greatest authors of all times (His Space Trilogy and Mere Christianity are AMAZING). I throw the Javelin and do Archery. My Siblings (and mom) think I'm weird when I quote Narnia... :( . I'm a christian!

I've been a frequent visitor but I'm excited to have finally joined NarniaWeb!! Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! <3
Courage, dear heart.
QueenEsther
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby johobbit » Sep 21, 2014 11:39 am

QueenEsther, welcome to NarniaWeb! We are so glad you joined the community here. :) How cool you have had a small business since such a young age! So, I gather you like crafts. ;) Btw, we will totally not think you're weird when you quote Narnia! B-) You're in good company here!

We do have a photography topic, so let me try and find it ... aha, here 'tis. The thread is now locked, but we can certainly open it, if you wish. Feel free to PM me—or either of the other Spare Oom mods—if you would like us to.
:)

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Silver Chair, and probably The Last Battle... this is such a hard question!!

Indeed! In fact, one of my favourite answers to this is "whichever one I am reading at the time". ;)) But if I had to be put to it, I would choose The Silver Chair. Every single one of those Chronicles means so much. ♥
johobbit

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Sep 22, 2014 11:32 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, QueenEsther! :-h You have such a pretty name! I'm impressed that you started your own arts and crafts business; that's so cool! :ymapplause:

Since you like reading, you'll probably enjoy the books thread here in the Spare Oom. If you have any questions about the forum, feel free to ask! Glad that you joined us, and enjoy exploring the forum! :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Sep 25, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi! I've also been a frequent visitor, I was always too shy to just join the forum and participate in the discussions. I hope I can bring nice ideas and opinions just like all of you!

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Carla
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen
4. Occupation: College student. I was studying Journalism, but I had to move to another state, so I stopped and decided to study Museology on a new university, but now I just want to go back to Journalism again, haha.
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I can't remember exactly, but I think that I searched online for Narnia websites after watching Prince Caspian, and a lot of news that I read on a site dedicated to Narnia in my country were from here, so I decided to check and here I am!
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Hm, I think I was 12.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Wow, I don't know! Maybe 10 times? Sometimes I read only a specific book, and sometimes I just read all the chronicles together.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: What a cruel question! I think My favorite ones are The Magician's Nephew, The Horse and His Boy and The Last Battle. This is so hard!!
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I'm a huge and passionate fan of A Series of Unfortunate Events!!! I'm from Brazil, I'm vegetarian, I have a dog and I write books, but I've never published any of them, haha. I love animation and I was taking japanese classes for a year, but I had to stop because of university. I'm extremely shy, too. I love the Edwardian and Victorian ages and... I don't know what else I can say!
“In The Chronicles of Narnia we feel the magical comfort of that eternal optimism, that belief that the best is somehow always yet to come.” — Claire Fallon
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby wild rose » Sep 25, 2014 11:44 pm

Hi Lake Lachrymose, welcome to Narniaweb. You write books? That is so cool! I love writing books too, though I've also never published :) if you want, you could check out Writer's World it's a special thread for all those creative people who love to write :)

Ooh the Victorian and Edwarian ages, those are my favorite ages as well :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Sep 26, 2014 8:48 am

Hello wild rose! Yes, but it's just a hobby, nothing serious. I'm not talented, but I love to read what other people write, everybody is so creative! Thank you very much, I'm gonna check!
“In The Chronicles of Narnia we feel the magical comfort of that eternal optimism, that belief that the best is somehow always yet to come.” — Claire Fallon
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Sep 26, 2014 3:21 pm

I know I already extended a welcome over in General Movie Discussion, but I'll say it again: welcome to the forums, Lake Lachrymose! :ymhug:

So glad that you joined us, and it's so neat that you're from Brazil! I've always wanted to visit there. If you have any pics of your dog, you should drop by the pets blog sometime and share one! Oh, and if you have any yummy vegetarian recipes, you could share them over at Food for Thought—I'm always looking for ways to get more veggies in my diet. ;))

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask, and have a blast exploring the forum! See you around! :)
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Sep 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Yes! ^u^ Thank you again, you're very kind, The Rose-Tree Dryad! Really? That's nice, it's already spring here and we are all dying from the heat. I'm really thankful, I'm gonna check all of them, and I'll make sure to find good vegetarian recipes to share!

Thank you again!
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Sep 26, 2014 3:51 pm

A hearty welcome to you, Lake Lachrymose! You know, your username sounded awfully familiar, but I couldn't place where, so had to Google it. Of course, A Series of Unfortunate Events! ;))

I was studying Journalism, but I had to move to another state, so I stopped and decided to study Museology on a new university, but now I just want to go back to Journalism again, haha

Interesting! Do you hope to be a museum curator some day? Or are you seriously considering going back to journalism?

Yes, you are in a good company of writers here on the forum. And a number of folk are already looking forward to NaNo in November! :) We should have our annual topic on that subject beginning in later October sometime. (Check out our 2013 thread.)

I hope I can bring nice ideas and opinions just like all of you!

From your posts, you already have B-) and we look forward to more interaction with you here on NarniaWeb. :D
johobbit

Postby Howdy3 » Nov 07, 2014 12:17 pm

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Joshua
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King
4. Occupation: I do not have one yet
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: From my brother Bejamin who is also on here.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I can't remember exactly, but probably around when I was 10.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: probably about 4 times, though a couple of the books I have read quite a few more times than that.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: I would say, The Horse and His Boy is my favorite with Magicians Nephew and The Last Battle as close seconds.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love classical music, I write and play music on the piano and harp. I LOVE to read and I can be a little weird sometimes. :)

Sincerely,
Howdy3
Howdy3
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby johobbit » Nov 07, 2014 1:13 pm

You LOVE to read and you can be a little weird sometimes? *high fives* You're in good company here on NarniaWeb. B-) :D Welcome, Howdy3! And there are certainly some of us who fondly remember Benjamin. :) Say HI to him from us!

How cool that you play the harp! That has been a dream of mine, but I do not know if it will ever come to fruition. I would like to learn the cello too.

Do you tackle NaNo at all? If so, there is a topic dedicated to that subject, as well as a Writer's thread. :) Aaand a Favourite Music topic.

Feel free to ask any questions and ... enjoy! Looking forward to seeing you around the forum. :)
johobbit

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Nov 08, 2014 9:20 pm

Howdy there, Howdy3! Welcome to NarniaWeb! :-h

It's so awesome that you play the piano and harp! Like Jo, I've always wanted to learn to play the latter. (Piano, too, now that I think of it. I'm not very musically talented. ;)))

In addition to her helpful links, we also have a Musician's Cafe for the musical artists of NarniaWeb, plus a books thread for those who enjoy reading.

Have fun exploring the forum, and glad that you decided to join us! :)
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby stargazer » Nov 09, 2014 10:50 pm

Welcome, Howdy3! Glad to see another NarniaWeb sibling join us.

Very cool that you play the harp. I enjoy listening to harp music, especially those occasions when I can see it performed live.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Nov 19, 2014 11:06 am

(Sorry for the late answer, too much things to study for my national exam :-s )

Well johobbit, I was planning to work with archeology and paleontology and on searching for brazilian history as well, but things changed when I got to university. I couldn't study what I wanted and I was practically obligated to do things that I didn't wanted to do, that's why I gave up in Museology. I hope my national exam can bring me good results on january!

Welcome Howdy3! And you play piano and harp? That's amazing!
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Elfiea » Feb 12, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi!

1. Name: Elfiea. But you can just call me Elfie :)
2. King or Queen of Narnia: Queen.
3. Family: I am single. Youngest of three, with two older brothers. I'm still in high school!
4. Occupation: Well, student I suppose.
5. When did you first learn about NarniaWeb: Well, I think I found it in a Google search like around when VDT was coming out, but Princess Anna finally got me to join.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I have...no idea.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: You expect me to keep track?
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Last Battle! But The Silver Chair is a really close second.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I do theatre? It's my favorite thing ever and I've done children's, school and community theatre since I was six. I'm also a ninja! A...book ninja. Is that a thing? It should be a thing. I love books. I'm also homeschooled!
I also have way too many fandoms. Right now, I'm really loving Parks and Recreation.
Thanks to daughter of the King for the avatar!
Elfiea
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Feb 12, 2015 5:53 pm

I'm a bit tardy in asking this, Lake Lachrymose, but how did your national exam go last month? I hope well!

Welcome Elfie! Sure glad Princess Anna pointed you here. *waves to PA* A book ninja? What a fun term! There are many of us bibliophiles on the forum, actually. ;)) You'll fit right in.
:D
johobbit

PreviousNext