This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby Elfiea » Feb 12, 2015 6:31 pm

johobbit wrote: Welcome Elfie! Sure glad Princess Anna pointed you here. *waves to PA* A book ninja? What a fun term! There are many of us bibliophiles on the forum, actually. ;)) You'll fit right in. :D

I actually just made up book ninja on the spot and I don't have the slightest idea what it could mean, but it sounds cool and I like it. :) I'll read pretty much about anything. I also take book recommendations! :D
Thanks to daughter of the King for the avatar!
Elfiea
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Feb 12, 2015 6:41 pm

I should have mentioned this in my earlier post, but we have a Books topic here in the Spare Oom, so have at it. :D And seeing your interest in theatre, we also have a Live Theatre thread, 'though it has been quiet for awhile now. If you want to revive it, go right ahead. :)
johobbit

Postby stargazer » Feb 12, 2015 11:02 pm

Welcome, Elfie! Looks like you've dived right in. :)

Book ninja. I like it.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Princess Anna » Feb 19, 2015 3:36 pm

johobbit wrote: *waves to PA*

*waves back enthusiastically*

Welcome, welcome, Elfie! :ymhug:
And book ninja? Love it!! Yes, this should be a thing! B-)
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Mar 10, 2015 1:29 pm

I'm a bit tardy in asking this, Lake Lachrymose, but how did your national exam go last month? I hope well!

And now I'm a bit tardy, haha. Sorry johobbit! But it was good, I decided to change my major to Portuguese/Literature and my classes begin tomorrow. I'm super nervous because I'm not very good in making friends and thanks to some issues on my college I'll be starting the classes one week later. I hope I can catch up everything. :-s
“In The Chronicles of Narnia we feel the magical comfort of that eternal optimism, that belief that the best is somehow always yet to come.” — Claire Fallon
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Mar 10, 2015 2:15 pm

;)) No worries. L L. Glad it was good, and how cool about your new major! All the best with this. :ymhug: for making friends, though. Yeah, that can be stressful. Rooting for you!
johobbit

Postby Firecycle » Mar 23, 2015 10:09 am

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Firecycle mostly. At one site I'm Alyekra. You can call me Your Majesty. I'll answer to any of the three.
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single
4. Occupation: Nope.
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Google.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: So long ago, my memory fails me.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I think more than three times. Probably less than five.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: At the moment, Silver Chair
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:
  1. I enjoy politics, philosophy and arguing.
  2. My favorite author is G. K. Chesterton, who is currently my avatar.
  3. My artistic ability is limited to making flags and logos
  4. I am rather good at making flags and logos
  5. There's something up with my menu bar at the moment.
  6. I listen to podcasts a lot.
  7. I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I'll give it a shot.
  8. I'm good at remembering song lyrics.
  9. My favorite Batman villain is the Riddler.
  10. My Bane impression is top-notch.
  11. Linear video games irritate me a little.
  12. It was difficult for me not to include something contentious in this list. My most interesting qualities are likely to provoke arguments :P

That should be enough for there to be something interesting for everyone.

Hello!
Firecycle
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby johobbit » Mar 25, 2015 10:32 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Firecycle! :D I see you have already found some topics of interest here, so ... enjoy! :)
johobbit

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Mar 25, 2015 10:35 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Firecycle. :-h Nice flags and logos! I listen to a lot of podcasts as well, and can definitely recommend the NarniaWeb podcast. :)

I haven't had a chance to read Chesterton myself yet, but there are quite a few fans of his work here on NarniaWeb; you might find some good discussion over at the books thread. And if you like video games, this thread might interest you as well.

Have fun browsing the forum, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Alice_WL » Apr 08, 2015 11:58 am

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Sofia
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Princess
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single (I hate the idea of marriage or having kids, either is something I will never do)
4. Occupation: None.
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Web search.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I was 12 (The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe).
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: More than I can count when I was an adult a year after the Disney LWW came out.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Lion, Witch, Wardrobe.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love to draw, make costumes, occasionally write stories.

- I'm an adult, but a child at heart.
- I get lonely easily and barely have any friends to talk with in personal life and internet. :/

- I tried another Narnia website where people chat in the chatroom often, but what angers/upsets me is that the moderator won't allow me to speak anything of 'Sofia the First' just because Sofia is learning magic and has a "good witch" friend. I'd like to show my picture arts of her (all family friendly, I assure ya) to my friends there, but the mod won't let me. So, I came here where hopefully my likes can be accepted.

- I love the Disney shows/movies
*Doc McStuffins,
*Sofia the First,
*Disney's Frozen.
"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Apr 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi Alice_WL. Image You've been on the forum for awhile (and you make amazing costumes, from what I recall!), so we're glad you've stayed around. Good to see you posting here so we can get to know you better. I'm not really into Disney, but I know of more than a few on NarniaWeb who are. :D If you want to talk Disney movies, there's Past Movies topic to discuss. Also, there are Present Movies and Future Movies topics, as well. :)

- I'm an adult, but a child at heart.

Ditto. ;)) :)

We have an Artists' Haven topic here in the Spare Oom, if you want to post any non-Narnian artwork there. (And yes, thanks for keeping it family-friendly. :) ) It's currently locked, but I would be glad to unlock it, if you wish. Just let me know (via PM is fine).
johobbit

Postby Alice_WL » Apr 08, 2015 3:08 pm

Hey again johobbit.

Thank you for all the info. I appreciate it. I'll check into the movies section and comment more often. See ya around. :D
"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Kevin LionsMane » Nov 16, 2015 1:44 pm

Hey all, I am new here. Just wanted to give a quick introduction.

1. Name: Kevin LionsMane
2. How I learned about NarniaWeb: After seeing the first film (The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe), I found NarniaWeb through Social Media.
3. How old was I when I first read the Chronicles: I am new to the series. I have only been a fan of the books and films now for 10 years.
4. Favorite of the Chronicles: I enjoy aspects from each of them, but my overall favorite would probably have to be: The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe.
5. Hobbies & Interests: God, Animals, Music, Movies, Poetry, Art, Photography, & Entertainment.

Thanks! :)
The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself.
Kevin LionsMane
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby johobbit » Nov 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi and a very big welcome to you, Kevin LionsMane! Yep, there is a very special something about LWW, isn't there?! :D Btw, I really like both your signature and avatar. Beautiful!

Over the years we have had topics here on pretty much all of of the hobbies/interests you listed. Currently, some may be further back in the Spare Oom pages (possibly even locked now :P yet that doesn't mean they can't be unlocked to allow further comments), but there are still a few near the front:

*Movies thread, and we even have a Star Wars thread with the anticipated upcoming movie
*Musician's thread

Ask any questions and, again, welcome to the forum! :)
johobbit

Postby fantasia » Nov 16, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi Kevin! I'd like to think I welcomed you during the LWW viewing a couple days ago, but things were so hectic both in the chatroom and in my own house, I may not have. So welcome! :D Glad you came and glad to have you on the forum. Here's hoping we'll have lots of Silver Chair news to discuss in the future.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Nov 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb Forums, Kevin! :-h (Ditto to Jo about your avatar and signature—both are very cool!) It was nice meeting you the other day at the Watch Party, and I look forward to seeing you around the forum in the future! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! Have fun exploring all of the different discussions. :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

PreviousNext