This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby emeraldcityofoz » Dec 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Thanks! I am looking forward to Oz: The Great and Powerful, but like you said it doesn't look very canon. Certain elements look very MGM film specific and I have no clue how they're getting away with it. It's a shame because Baum wrote 14 full length Oz books that are all in public domain.
"I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."
emeraldcityofoz
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Boy Scout » Dec 29, 2012 3:01 pm

Welcome to NW emeraldcityofoz! I have always wanted to get around to reading the Oz series but have never had the time. I also love Broadway musicals, and I'm in our high school'c musical this year, we are doing Legally Blonde. :D
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby emeraldcityofoz » Dec 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Thank you! The Oz books are all relatively quick reads averaging around 300 pages each. I've never seen/listened to Legally Blonde, but I've heard it's good. Our musical this year is Chicago, which I love. :)
"I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."
emeraldcityofoz
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby jillpole1 » Dec 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Welcome to the NarniaWeb family, AshleyTarkheena! :D
NW siblings: TheDwarfMan, TheGentleWarrior
NW Cousin: Weirdo

Avvie by: RubyGamgee - Signature by: Tarkheena
jillpole1
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby lionsmane13 » Jan 26, 2013 1:41 pm

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): lionsmane13
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single
4. Occupation: Full Time College Student (English Major)
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I found this site through Google.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I don't remember the exact age, I think I was around 13 though. The preacher’s wife from the Church I use to go got me started on the series.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: About three or four times.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Silver Chair
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I want to be a writer of fantasy and science fiction novels. J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis are two of my biggest inspirations. I read a lot, and I like video games. I have a boxer dog, two cats, and a pet spider.
lionsmane13
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Boy Scout » Jan 27, 2013 8:03 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb lionsmane13! :D If I may ask, what kind of spider?

Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby lionsmane13 » Jan 27, 2013 10:29 am

He is a Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula. He is very lazy and spends most of his time in his log. I've learned a lot about spiders since I've gotten him, they are quite interesting creatures, at least to me. :)
lionsmane13
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Purpleotter » Feb 12, 2013 8:44 am

I'm scared of spiders. You're brave. Ok, so now I figured I would update my information, some of it's changed, but some of it stayed the same. I'm really into reading, art, classic Disney, Saved by the Bell, The Nightmare before Christmas, and Hotel Transylvania. and I want to start my own pet sitting business.
"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia"-Aslan
Purpleotter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Slatts » Mar 08, 2013 3:02 pm

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Slatts
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King
3. Family (single/married/kids): Married/1st kid due May 27
4. Occupation: Catholic Theology teacher
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: youTube - GPuddle's mention of Narnai book commentaries Podcast
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 19ish?
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Twice
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: A Horse and His Boy/ maybe Last Battle...
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I'm writing bed-time stories/fairy tales for my child. I write songs, play chess. I love philosophy, though dislike debates. I love playing Magic the Gathering, a fantasy card game. I hate TV but love watching it with my wife ;) All this in the context of loving God, preaching the kingdom, and preparing for my life to be turned upside-down by a newborn! 8-}
Short Story Sculptor Blog:
Bedtime Stories and Fairytales
Slatts
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby fantasia » Mar 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Welcome Slatts! :D
...and preparing for my life to be turned upside-down by a newborn!
Haha, yeah, that was me too 5.5 months ago. And then my little guy decided to arrive 13 weeks early. Talk about dramatic. :P But he's home now and he's awesome. Congratulations ahead of time on your little one! Do you know if you're expecting a boy or a girl?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Boy Scout » Mar 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Welcome Slatts!! Congrats on the lil one of course! I'll let fantasia_kitty, ask the baby questions for now :p

Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Brady TIH Narnia » Mar 10, 2013 10:03 pm

#1: Brady TIH Narnia. TIH, by the way is for "This Is Home" my favorite song by Switchfoot that just happens to be in my FAVORITE movie Prince Caspain! Brady is my real nickname, but only by my BFF cuz she and i are that NFL (American football) obsessed. And by that, of course i mean "awesome"! ;)
#2: Queen! (of Weird Insanity)
#3: Only-ish child, live with parents (ish means if dogs count)
#4: Full-time College Student!
#5: oh goodness, i do believe i was looking up the release date of PC!
#6: ripe young age of 8!
#7: Lost count after 9 B-)
#8: SC, The Horse and His Boy, and LWW
#9: Just Dance 4, concocting awesome/insane/fun plans (such as stealing friends for the weekend;), listening to music, spending time with my family, hosting Marvel's The Avengers line quoting contests with friends, and baking! All in those rare moments when im not doing homework! =)) Been part of NarniaWeb for a few years now, but barely had time to check it out...shocking! I know... :-o

Without further ado, HELLO YA'ALL!!! :ymhug:
Thor "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and my brother!" Black Widow "he killed 80 people in 2 days" Thor "he's adopted"
Brady TIH Narnia
NarniaWeb Newbie

Location: Southern California, United States of Awesome! ish.

Postby Slatts » Mar 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys!
@ fantasia_kitty: WOW! 13 week early? Talk about dramatic and no doubt scary! I am glad to hear it all is well though. As for my child, we are waiting until the day to know. At first I just wanted to know ahead of time, but now the anticipation of that day is growing and I can see why leaving it a surprise is good.
Short Story Sculptor Blog:
Bedtime Stories and Fairytales
Slatts
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby johobbit » Mar 11, 2013 10:56 am

Welcome to you, Slatts. How cool that you will be a first-time dad in late May! So wonderful. :D *is personally glad you are leaving the gender as a surprise for you and your wife* B-) All the best to you both in this final trimester.

And welcome back to you, Brady TIH Narnia! :) I hope you can find a bit more time to chill a bit here on the forum. All the best with your studies!
johobbit

Postby Brady TIH Narnia » Mar 19, 2013 11:14 am

Thank you johobbit!! hopefully i will be able too! speaking of Hobbitses, is anyone else nagging their moms to go to the store to buy The Hobbit today? i'm going to deffinately get it! :D

Boy Scout~ you are a Green Bay Packer fan?! :ymhug: i love the Pack! very nice picture of Donald Driver! sorry i saw that and could not resist commenting :D
Thor "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and my brother!" Black Widow "he killed 80 people in 2 days" Thor "he's adopted"
Brady TIH Narnia
NarniaWeb Newbie

Location: Southern California, United States of Awesome! ish.

Postby GlimGlum » Mar 19, 2013 11:35 am

I join in welcoming our Lady of the Shire and our Watchful Admin in welcoming Slatts and Brady TIH Narnia and earler this year lionsmane13. :ymapplause:

And speaking of The Hobbit 1 DVD, it is currently being discussed in this thread: The Road Goes Ever On and On: Everything Tolkien - Book 2 and probably could be in this one: An Unexpected Journey: The Movie Version . :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

PreviousNext