This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby Princess Anna » May 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Welcome to all of our newbies, we're glad you found us! :ymhug:

The Lady Susan, I had fun reading your post. :)
Here are a few comments of my own, in response to some of yours...
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: I'm not sure which is my favorite anymore. I'll stick by my childhood favorite though... Prince Caspian

Yay, another person who loves PC! :D

There aren't too many of us, 'round here. Most people put it at the bottom of the list. I'd love to hear someday, why it was always your favourite. :)

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love ... Writing (I write book reports for fun :) ), reading, watching movies (Narnia is of course a favorite)

Ohh, you'll fit right in around here!

As you can see, reading books and watching movies are favourite pasttimes of Narniawebbers. We have threads for them here in the SO. If you have trouble finding them, let us know, and we'll link you to them. ;)

As for writing... we have a bunch of writers around here too! (including me!) There is a thread for that also, and new ones during NaNoWriMo and Screnzy. Not to mention the RP threads in Ditto Town! :)
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Postby The Lady Susan » May 18, 2013 9:32 am

Thanks for the welcome!

Princess Anna- I think one of the main reason I liked PC the best was the sword fight between Peter and Miraz. My favorite of the four were always Peter and Susan, so I think I really liked that part. Plus I thought the whole plot of the book with Caspian was pretty neat. Yep, after more thought... PC is the best! :D
Proud Member of The Noble Mice of the Order of the Stone Table!
The Lady Susan
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby HyperWing » May 20, 2013 10:13 am

Name (please avoid your real full name): HyperWing (might change
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single
4. Occupation: Groundskeeper/Janitor
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Old web link, before that browsing the net for Narnia sites.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 28.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Still working on my first time through the unabridged edition.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Voyage of the Dawn Treader and Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Camping, fishing, dragons; gryphons; unicorns; and other mythical and non mythical creatures, music, movies, gardening.

HyperWing
HyperWing
HyperWing
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Silver the Wanderer » May 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Hey all! C:

I'm not a newbie, but I figured I'd post in here anyway since I've been gone on hiatus for a while. Things happened and I ended up being more and more involved on other sites.

I'm Silver, by the way. Not sure if anyone remembers me. I am sorry for dropping off the face of the earth, especially since I was involved in several quite-fun roleplays that I just didn't have time to reply to.

I do miss coming here though. You guys are such a nice bunch. :)
Av and Sig by Aravis Autarkeia

Silver the Wanderer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby johobbit » May 22, 2013 7:21 am

A big, hearty welcome to you, HyperWing! In looking at your Interests and Hobbies, we have a Camping topic, as well as Gardening, Movies, and Music threads, all found right here in the Spare Oom. We'd love to have you join in the discussions there.

And, Silver the Wanderer, it's good to see you here again! Yes, I definitely remember you, as I have no doubt others do as well.
:D
johobbit

Postby wolfloversk » May 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Silver!!! You really think we would forget you? Well I certainly didn't :P Hope all is well :D A very hearty welcome back :D

Welcome TheLadySusan and HyperWing! I hope you both enjoy your stay!
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby MountainFireflower » May 31, 2013 6:42 pm

Oh my goodness, Silvie!!! I thought you might possibly be gone forever. :p It is a seriously wonderful surprise to see you again! *huge hugs!* :ymhug: I've definitely missed you while you've been away. Hope you've been doing well!
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Silver the Wanderer » Jun 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Eee, hi Jo! And Wolfy! And Mountie! :ymhug: *hugs* I hope you guys have been doing well! I've missed you too!

Somebody has to update me on what's been happening. :P
Av and Sig by Aravis Autarkeia

Silver the Wanderer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby lucy_of_narnia » Aug 06, 2013 11:33 am

1. Name: Nicole...Lucy, or Lu
2. King or Queen of Narnia: Queen
3. Family: Single living at home
4. Occupation: Author, actress
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Somehow I came across it years ago...I think my sister stalked the forums.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I have no idea, but I was probably at least thirteen.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I don't know.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Let's just go with LWW
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I'm a chronically crazy person who loves acting, writing, dancing, singing, ASL, accents, impressions...and many fandoms including of course Narnia, and Doctor Who (yay twelfth doctor!).
lucy_of_narnia
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby fantasia » Aug 06, 2013 1:46 pm

lucy_of_narnia wrote:I'm a chronically crazy person who loves acting, writing, dancing, singing, ASL, accents, impressions...and many fandoms including of course Narnia, and Doctor Who (yay twelfth doctor!).

You sound like you will fit in perfectly here. ;) Welcome to NarniaWeb! :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby johobbit » Aug 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Ditto to fantasia, lucy! Glad you're here. :ymparty: And chronically-crazy is good, I must say. ;)) Btw, there are a number of Doctor Who fans on the forum. In fact, we have a special topic dedicated to Doctor Who. :D ........ Oh wait, you've found it already. ;)) B-)
johobbit

Postby NarnianTourist » Aug 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Greetings Narnians!!!

1. Name: NarnianTourist

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single

4. Occupation: Student and Movie reviewer

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: From my best friend's older sister back in junior high shortly before LWW was released.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: My grandfather first read them to me when I was 7, and I just fell in love with the works of Lewis. All throughout high school I became obsessed with learning all about this amazing author and the worlds and stories he created, which expands far beyond the "Chronicles"

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: After I learned that they were going to do a movie of LWW, I made it a commitment to read through the entire series once a year. So that was about 9 years ago, so I suppose 9 to 10 times....for now ;)

8. Favorite of the Chronicles:
VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER!!!!!!!! :ymapplause:

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I LOVE to read....what do I like to read? EVERYTHING!!! Well, everything except Twilight, of course. Fiction, Nonfiction, and everything in between! I also love to write skits and plays, as I have a giant love for theater. I have written countless skits and acted in countless plays, but have only directed one. I enjoy baseball a lot and I love collecting and listening to film scores of various composers such as John Williams, Harry Gregson-Williams, Hans Zimmer to name a few. I have a giant passion for the wonderful world of film, and I love watching movies and writing reviews for them. I enjoy discussing and analyzing film with other people and I am currently a college student hoping to start a career in writing and producing evangelical children's shows. I grew up in Texas and was the oldest of 2 for a while, but my new baby bro has since bumped the number up to 3 :D
I have been following this site and been a regular since from what feels like day 1. I know the people up here and love their work :D Although I never OFFICIALLY joined until just recently, I feel as though I have been a member for many years.
That's a basic summary of me! I love Narnia, NarniaWeb, and pretty much anything fanboyish!!! But I don't like green beans....just to let you know.

LONG LIVE ASLAN!!!!! But not Michael Apted........at least not his involvement with Narnia 8-} haha
"Art is the imposing pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern"

--Alfred North Whitehead
NarnianTourist
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Aug 08, 2013 1:37 pm

NarnianTourist, a hearty Welcome to you! Methinks you will fit in here very well with all your varied interests. :D How special that it was your grandfather who first read you the Chronicles, wow. And so cool you have been following NWeb for a long time already. B-)

But I must say ... I love green beans. :))

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
:)
johobbit

Postby Narnian_Badger » Aug 09, 2013 8:07 am

Greetings, friend, and welcome to the forum! Feel free to stop by the chat room sometime. :)

Might I ask what inspired you to join after so long? As a fellow lurker, such things intrigue me. ;))
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby NarnianTourist » Aug 09, 2013 8:31 am

I don't really know why I never joined until now...probably because the internet connection at my place was so slow. On youtube, it takes like 20 minutes to post one short comment. I always felt like it would take years to post a discussion topic up here. I'm quite a talker and I love discussing and analyzing film. If my connection is too slow to post 2 or 3 paragraphs, I usually just give up and talk Narnia with my grandfather =))

Since I recently moved, I have a better internet connection and am able to actually post comments haha. So here I am finally! I still feel like I've been a member since 2004 haha. 8-}
"Art is the imposing pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern"

--Alfred North Whitehead
NarnianTourist
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stargazer » Aug 09, 2013 9:01 am

Glad you're here, NarnianTourist! In addition to Narnia it sounds like you have a number of interests that fit right in here...several, such as books, movies, and soundtracks, have dedicated threads here in the Spare Oom and you're more than welcome to share your thoughts there now that you have a faster internet connection.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

PreviousNext