This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby Mrs Smooshy » Mar 06, 2018 7:19 pm

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Mrs Smooshy but you can call me Smooshy or Smoosh or Smo or crazy :D
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen
3. Family (single/married/kids): Married for 9 years with 2 kids. The oldest may be close to being ready for Narnia. We'll see.
4. Occupation: Housewife/Stay-at-Home mother; resident know-it-all (don't worry, I'm actually rather nice)
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Oh gosh, I forget how I stumbled across it. I was on the original boards about a year before LWW came out. I posted a lot back in the day but my old email address is dead and buried so need a new account
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I'm guessing around 7 or 8. Maybe 7 if I got the books the Christmas before my 8th birthday.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I read them over and over as a child and a few times as an adult. At least a dozen times over all, I guess.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Probably Voyage of the Dawn Treader or The Silver Chair. Which is funny as I hated The Silver Chair as a kid. Any story about being lost underground made me feel so anxious that I just hated them full stop. However, The Magician's Nephew will always be my least favourite though Uncle Andrew has grown on me a bit.

EDITED TO ADD: Almost forgot about my "interesting things" 8-}

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:
Like many here, I do like to read but I also love to "Netflix and chill" and watch political opinion videos on YouTube plus sermons. I like board games -- especially the kind I win at --and playing with my kids. I love to buy them toys I secretly want to play with myself. LOL I used to write but now I mainly help my husband with his writing hobby. He has better ideas than I do but I think my writing style is a bit better. We've made a few attempts at getting certain projects published with no real luck (just some questionable self-publishing companies) so it's really just a hobby at this point.
The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......
Mrs Smooshy
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Mar 09, 2018 11:03 am

A little belated, but welcome back, Mrs Smooshy! :-h It's like they say—once a king or queen of NarniaWeb, always a king or queen. :) I've enjoyed reading your posts around the forum so far!

So neat that you and your husband are collaborating on writing! Whenever I've collaborated with other people on creative endeavors (with stories, roleplays, et cetera) it always seems to have a synergistic effect. I think it's because it helps to have another party reign in my ideas. ;)) Anyway, you might enjoy checking out the writing thread here in the Spare Oom, or the Flash Fiction challenges in Ditto Town... the latest one recently wrapped up, but there's sure to be another one soon. :)

Have fun rediscovering the community and all of its discussion! :D
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Mrs Smooshy » Mar 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Thanks. I am very shy about my own writing which is probably why I prefer editing. Though I do get posessive over my husband's creations. He will suddenly change where he wants to take a character and I will get huffy and say "they would never do that!" ;)) I would be the perfect 'ghost writer'. No glory for me, please. Just the phrase "book tour" would send me into a fit of spasms. Ha ha But only cross bridges as we come to them.
The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......
Mrs Smooshy
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby glimfeather46 » Mar 30, 2018 10:29 am

Name (please avoid your real full name): glimfeather46
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single
4. Occupation: Student :) but I also work for a ranch.
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was searching around on the internet for some good old Narnia stuff and found the site.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I can't remember. I think I was six years old?
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Too many to count.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Tie between The Last Battle and The Horse and His Boy
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love to sing and compose music. I have a soft spot for musical theatre and 2000s rock music, if you're wondering my favorite genres. I enjoy riding horses and being a part of the crew for community theater productions.
That's all I suppose.
Hope you're having a great day!
glimfeather46
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Mar 31, 2018 1:55 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb forums, glimfeather46! :-h Glad to have you here. It's neat that you work on a ranch. I used to ride horses and I'm a little bit envious! (Although I've heard there's a lot of riding the fence line with ranch work and that that can get kind of monotonous. ;)))

We have a thread for musicians here in the Spare Oom if you'd like to share some of your compositions! We also have a thread devoted to theater discussion as well if you'd like to check that out.

Hope you're having a great day, too! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Have fun exploring the forum! :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby johobbit » Mar 31, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi glimfeather46, and welcome to NarniaWeb! Rose covered some good stuff in relation to your interesting interests, so I'll just add a :-h from me. Glad you're here. :)

Yes, isn't music amazing?! Do you play any instruments?
johobbit

Postby QueenLucyTheValiant15 » Apr 19, 2018 6:06 pm

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): QueenLucyTheValiant15
3. Family (single/married/kids): I am a kid.
4. Occupation: Student, unfortunatly. If I weren't, I could read more books...
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was looking at costume ideas when I stumbled across costumes.narniaweb.com and read it was just a smaller part of narniaweb.com. (When I read the date, I realized, as usual, I was a bit late.)
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 14. I actually only just got around to reading them. I watched the movies first, which is a little odd for me. It's also probably one of the only reasons I like them so much.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Just once, but I do plan to read them again.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and The Last Battle.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love reading, drawing, and singing, along with playing my violin (not that I practice like I should...).
Yep, that's me!
QueenLucyTheValiant15
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby SummerSnow » Apr 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Welcome to Narniaweb, QueenLucyTheValiant15! As a student myself, I completely understand not being able to read more. Too much school-related reading sadly.

I like drawing, reading, and singing too! What sort of books do you like to read (when you can find the time ;) ) ?

Also, I like your avatar! Did you draw it?
My lovely avatar was made by Valia!
SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie
The WC Submersible Subterfuge Sub

Postby QueenLucyTheValiant15 » Apr 19, 2018 9:08 pm

I love Percy Jackson, Fablehaven, The Unwanteds, The Land of Stories, and Warriors. I basicly read anything I can get my hands on.

As for my avatar, yes, I drew it. It's actually one smaller picture on a folder I'm decorating. When I'm done, I'll try to post a picture. :)

Are you a Whovian, SummerSnow? Just noting what it says under "location"...
"To the shining eastern sea, I give you Queen Lucy, the Valiant."
-Aslan, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe (movie)

"Don't, die kids! Dying is bad for your heath!"
-My friend Alex
QueenLucyTheValiant15
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Apr 20, 2018 7:22 am

I second Summer's welcome to NarniaWeb, QueenLucyTheValiant15! :) And, oooh, you play the violin? Very nice! Do you take lessons, or are you learning on your own?
johobbit

Postby QueenLucyTheValiant15 » Apr 20, 2018 7:36 am

I do take lessons. I'm also in orchestra at school. It is very fun to learn pieces on my own, though.

-My friend Alex
QueenLucyTheValiant15
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Apr 20, 2018 7:52 am

Ahh, being part of a band, orchestra, or choir is such excellent experience. Enjoy! :)
johobbit

Postby QueenLucyTheValiant15 » Apr 20, 2018 10:46 am

I very much agree. In fact, I'm currently in both choir and orchestra.

-My friend Alex
QueenLucyTheValiant15
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Valiant_Nymph » Apr 28, 2018 10:05 pm

Hi Everyone!

I'm new here, but actually I had an account on here long ago! Unfortunately forgot my account info, so just starting a new one :) Haven't been on these forms in years, and I hadn't read the books or watched the films in awhile as well. But I recently read all the books and that revived my interest.

Few things about me: I read LWW in elementary school (think it was 5th grade), the spring before the movie came out. I was absolutely enchanted. The book sparked my imagination, and got me interested in writing my own stories. I awaited the LWW movie with intense anticipation (seriously, I don't think I've ever been that eager for a film since), and enjoyed it. I also enjoyed PC, although maybe a tad less. (I actually think it was an equally good film, but I don't like the PC story as much).

Mainly joined the forms so I could discuss SC news, although unfortunately there doesn't seem to me much in the intervening years since I've stopped visiting the forms :(
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby coracle » Apr 29, 2018 9:10 am

Welcome back, Valiant_Nymph!

I hope you enjoy the information we do have on Silver Chair, and continue to be a keen poster.

Have you seen our newer podcasts? You might like to go back a few months and see what the topics have covered.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Valiant_Nymph » Apr 29, 2018 9:55 am

coracle wrote:Welcome back, Valiant_Nymph!

I hope you enjoy the information we do have on Silver Chair, and continue to be a keen poster.

Have you seen our newer podcasts? You might like to go back a few months and see what the topics have covered.

Yes! I've been taking a look at those :) They are fantastic. So glad to have more Narnia discussions!
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext