This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Embarrassing Moments

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Embarrassing Moments

Postby Aslanisthebest » Nov 27, 2012 11:10 pm

To the mods...: I remember us having a topic like this in the old forum, so I hope it's okay to open this one for laughs. :)

This is a topic to share funny but embarrassing moments that you've had. The old topic was quite fun so I thought it might be a good idea to start one again. Forum rules obviously apply, so keep in mind to keep it family friendly and respectful.

With that established, share away!
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Embarrassing Moments

Postby Boy Scout » Nov 28, 2012 5:04 pm

I'll have more later, but for right now, I'll share what happened last night. Getting to swim practice late and not doing and stretching or warm ups- then having you whole right leg cramp up in the middle of the lane. :(( ;)

Great topic by the way Aslanisthebest!
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » Nov 28, 2012 5:33 pm

Well it's not my most embarrassing moment, but it is the most common.

- Suddenly realizing you are talking to yourself in public and other people notice and give you weird looks :P

It's a habit I've picked up from my father... we both do it all the time- He says that his one of his co-workers told him he never used to talk to himself until Dad got the job, now he does it all the time XD It's not so bad around my friends and family, but when you do in the middle of the college sidewalk people tend to wonder if you're crazy :P

I have many more, but I'm a bit busy so I'll save them for later :P
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby AstroWolfD » Nov 28, 2012 6:06 pm

XD Wolf... I've been know to hum/sing to myself in public... which I'd say is probably more embarrassing :P.

Trying to remember some of my "best" ones... I got stuck in a kid's swing around when I was six years old... my parents have never let me forget it :P. Slipped at the bowling alley, left homework on the hood of the car, called people by their wrong names... I've probably done all that, and quite a bit more...
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby wolfloversk » Nov 28, 2012 9:41 pm

AstroWolfD wrote:XD Wolf... I've been know to hum/sing to myself in public... which I'd say is probably more embarrassing :P.

Actually I do that too, but I think more people do that than carry out full conversations with themselves, thus it is more socially acceptable and less embarrassing (at least to me) :P

Let's see what else do I have...

Well there's the old playing a card game and there's a move that you could make to your advantage, and you discard because you didn't notice it- yet your opponent did... I do that at least once per game :P
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DamselJillPole » Nov 30, 2012 12:06 pm

On this short film that I did in 2010 my character had to celebrate after having a great idea after finding something out on a chalkboard and I had to dance (bad) so me pretending that I can't dance I swung my arm underneath the chalkboard and it fell down. They used it in the film because it was pretty much in character but it was still embarrassing. :p

In high school I went out to lunch with one of my crushes I had on a guy and my best friend. This was in 2007. And we went to this seafood place. Me and my crush got the same thing which was this shrimp gumbo thing, anyways we were all having a great conversation until my crush made me laugh at something and a piece of shrimp that I was chewing fell into his food and he noticed it. Surprisingly he thought it was funny but I was very embarrassed and grossed out at the same time. Ever since then I laugh with my mouth closed when I go out on dates in a resturant.

This is all I can think of right now. I'll think of more later :p
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Aslans_Jewel » Dec 01, 2012 9:11 pm

My most embarrassing moment would have to have been in math class 7th grade...

When I got my hair cut short for the first time, this girl that [really] liked me, but I really didn't like, walks into the classroom and shouts "omp AJ YOU ARE SOOOO KYOOTT!!!" everyone turned and laughed. :P I was bright red :P
Aslans_Jewel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Quinlin » Dec 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Ooh, I've had a few, but two that come to mind first both happened

~Some friends in my class set up a slip and slide on a hill at school on a sweltering hot day. They even added soap on it to make it more slippery! Everyone was enjoying themselves and finally a friend convinced me to go even though I was reluctant. Well, I didn't go very far down the strip, but when I tried to stand up, I actually slipped and slid with such speed into a muddy pile at the end! Worst part was that some of my teachers were there and they saw it all! :p

~I really liked a boy in high school, so my friend and I would always try and talk to him. One day, I confided something to her in the hall to which my friend excitedly exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, when are you going to tell (...) you like him!!!" With my luck, the guy was walking down the hall and I saw him smirking at me as he passed by. He clearly heard and I was mortified for the longest time, not being able to look him in the eye for the rest of the year. :ymblushing: :ymblushing:
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Postby wild rose » Dec 05, 2012 12:08 pm

I remember one time I was at a medieval ball and we had brought a lot of boys from our reeactment club, and when the dancing started they were all really shy so my older sister told me to go and dance with one of them. But the floor was SUPER slippery and I started walking up to one of the boys and my boots were slippery as well and so I slipped and slid across the whole floor, right in front of everyone present and landed right at one of the boy's feet. Oh dear, I blush now when I think of it, it was SO humiliating :ymblushing: :p
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Dec 05, 2012 6:30 pm

I think my most humiliating moment was the first Sunday at the church at which I spent my teenage years.

I was fourteen years old and I had never known any boys in my own age group, outside my own family. I got to Sunday school on time, but even so, there was only one seat left..... Right between two really tall and intimidating teenage guys. My cousin (the only person in the room I knew) was nowhere to be seen, so I just slipped into the seat and tried to look like I was perfectly cool with the situation. Fortunately, I'm a good liar (which my friends tell me is also known as "acting"), so I don't think anyone noticed my discomfort.

I was wearing my favorite dress - a white sleeveless knee-length that zipped up the side. And about halfway through the lesson, as I reached to pick up the pen I had just dropped, my arm brushed my side and I went beet red. I realized my dress wasn't zipped. And I was sitting between two boys.

Slowly, trying to look casual and cool, I slid one arm to my side to try to zip it up. My hand couldn't find the hole, so I was forced to sneak a discreet glance at it. The zipper was up; it had been up the whole time. The five minutes I had spent in absolute mortification were all my own imagination. After class, the youth pastor asked me if I was okay; he had noticed my faced looked "feverish".

And ever since, my imagination has gotten me into embarrassing situations, but that's the best one. ;)

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 06, 2012 5:00 pm

My manager skips around singing to himself, I don't think he finds it embarrassing either.

As for me I have had many, mainly saying something stupid because I wasn't paying attention to what people were blabbing on about.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 06, 2012 7:54 pm

IloveFauns wrote:As for me I have had many, mainly saying something stupid because I wasn't paying attention to what people were blabbing on about.

Yeah... that usually gets me into trouble in one form or another...
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 07, 2012 6:23 am

^ Indeed, I seem to drift off way too often, I have tried not to and failed.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby AstroWolfD » Dec 07, 2012 7:18 am

wolfloversk wrote:Actually I do that too, but I think more people do that than carry out full conversations with themselves, thus it is more socially acceptable and less embarrassing (at least to me) :P

Well when I talk to myself (and I do sometimes, though it is a rare occurrence) it's almost always in public... and I've gotten some looks :P.

Anyway, just yesterday I was coming back inside after a walk outside... singing/humming a song I had in my head at the time at full blast (don't remember what it was)... didn't think there was anyone in the house, or at least that room. Imagine my surprise when I noticed my dad sitting off in the alcove on the other side of that room, listening to every word. #-o
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby parableproductions » Dec 07, 2012 9:57 pm

Several years ago, I went to the zoo with a very nice looking guy. We were (and are) just friends, but I have to say that at the time I wouldn't have minded impressing him. Well, it started raining and he actually had an umbrella and was kind enough to share it with me. Then he handed it to me so he could go use the facilities. Before he could take a full step away from me, a gust of wind came along and I hit him in the head with his own umbrella! He was very nice about it - but I felt really bad - I mean it's one thing to accidentally hit someone with something - but for it to be his own umbrella!
Further up and further in!!
parableproductions
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Aslanisthebest » Dec 07, 2012 10:09 pm

These have been fun to read!

A long time ago, my dad had to fix something outside our apartment. My sister and I followed him; not really to help, but it was a nice summer night, so we wanted to be out. My dad was busy fixing the thing when my sister and I noticed that, to our knowledge, no one was outside at this time of night. We took best advantage of the opportunity and started dancing (we can't dance.... so it was more like trying to dance), galloping about, and singing gibberish.
Suddenly we heard someone clear their throat.
We looked to our right and saw our neighbours who lived a few condos down were out on their little porch and saw our little performance.
We burst into peals of laughter and fled into our house. :P
--
We were at a burger joint and were walking out of the door, when someone outside the door was walking in. The person opened the door, and I was touched by the show of kindness and looked up and said "Thank-you!" to convey my gratitude as best as I could towards them for opening the door for my dad and me. I wondered why the person and those with him looked a little confused. My dad kind of laughingly apologized to the guy (who wasn't offended or anything in the least but laughed it off, too.) My dad told me that the person opened the door for his party, and I kind of just barged through instead of giving way. :ymblushing: It was my birthday that day, so I condoled myself a little bit with that fact! :P
--
We took our of our biannual trips to Starbucks to get a Pumpkin Spice Latte. This was a city Starbucks full of sophisticated business people and fancy college students who were fantastically dressed like those indie pictures on Tumblr and who were tap-tapping away at their laptops and looking all glamorous and elite, sipping their Starbucks. We ordered our latte and picked it up. We were turning to go out when I dropped my sister and my phone on the ground. It hit the ground, the back came off, and the battery flew away. Everyone looked up from their important conversation or school paper and looked right at me to identify what all the clumsy ruckus was. I fumbled over and picked up the back and battery, which was thankfully not far away, and we left chuckling. And then I blocked someone at the door by accident, similarly repeating the door incident above. :P

These are the few not-so-bad ones I remember. I've tried to forget the others. XD
I've had many minor embarrassing moments due to saying something foolish or things like that. The worse, for me, was a coincidence that accidentally offended someone that I never got to clarify. I think that those are the worst, rather than major embarrassing things that happen that people generally laugh off and give grace to another member of humanity. :P
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Next