This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Embarrassing Moments

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Embarrassing Moments

Postby Melian_Maia » Dec 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Okay. This one just recently happened and it was horrible.
---
We were on vacation in Lake Tahoe over the week of Thanksgiving and it was the last day. We were going to have breakfast at IHOP, however, the line was out the door and it was already getting late and I needed to eat. My mom went inside to see how long of a wait it would be and when she came back to the car she told us that they could seat us right away. There were at least three parties of six or more people ahead of us, so we asked her how they were able to get us a table so quickly.
"Oh," she said, "I just told them that Lia was diabetic and needed to eat right away."
I was mortified and to make matters worse, I was wearing my 'JDRF: walk to cure diabetes' tshirt. ;))
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Rosalia » Dec 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Partly what makes this memory so embarrasing was that I wasn't embarrased about it at the time.
My future brother-in-law had come over to meet us after having been courting my sister, and I was really, really snobby and rude. :ymblushing: My only consolation is that I was an ill-at-ease fourteen year old, but I still blush at the memory. He's really nice, handled it amazingly well, I eventually apologized profusely, and we've even joked about it (He and sis are happily married now) but it still makes me want to sink in my chair.
Oh, I can identify with Aravis' shortcomings! :ymblushing:
"Not all that is called progress moves us forward." - H.K. Ward
"Aslan's instructions always work, there are no exceptions."
-Puddleglum
Lady Rosalia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby RubyGamgee » Dec 29, 2012 11:26 am

Lady Rosalia, your story made me laugh so hard! I'm so sorry if this doesn't sound very consoling, but it just sounds a lot like something I would do. None of my sisters are married yet and so far all of the guys who have been interested in them, I've really liked...but we'll see. ;)

One of the most embarrassing things I ever did was hit my family's house with our mini van. I wasn't a licensed driver at the time, but I was permitted and working on getting my license. It was one of those rare instances when my foot hit the gas pedal when I fully intended to put on the brake and WAM! I went right into the garage...fortunately, I just damaged the garage's wall and not the actual house. It was still the worst night of my life. I fell asleep crying and woke up crying... to the sound of my brother hammering and mending the wall outside. :P

Another really embarrassing thing that I did rather recently was mistake my friend's twin sister for my friend. I and this friend of mine had met in choir and we'd become friends and I knew she had a sister, but I'd never met her sister and I definitely didn't know she had a twin sister. So one evening I ran into her twin sister and I mistook her for my friend and walked right up to her and said, "Wow, you got your hair cut!" Yeah...most awkward moment ever. :ymblushing:
blog | graphics | youtube channel
member of the Tenth Ave. North club
Keeper of the Secret Magic
1 Peter 3:15
RubyGamgee
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Rosalia » Dec 29, 2012 12:41 pm

RubyGamgee, I'm glad you got a laugh out of it :)
"Not all that is called progress moves us forward." - H.K. Ward
"Aslan's instructions always work, there are no exceptions."
-Puddleglum
Lady Rosalia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ozymandias » Dec 29, 2012 5:37 pm

My most embarassing moment is one I can't say here because this is a family-friendly, PG-rated board and this incident is solidly in PG-13 territory. :D

Second-most embarassing was when I knocked on the bathroom door when my grandfather was in there and I forgot to say that it was me. He called out "Come in!" because he thought it was my grandmother at the door and I walked in to grab a toothbrush but he only had a towel around his waist :-o (I'm grateful that he had the towel, lol). I pretty much grabbed my toothbrush and shot out of there at breakneck speed with my grandfather bawling at me to get out of there! =)) It's still something we joke about to this day.
Ozymandias
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby pogginfan » Dec 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Haha, what a great thread! :P
I tend to create embarrassing moments for myself, I must admit. It truly is a gift. :P
When driving alone, I have a tendency to sing my heart out along with the radio. It sure is fun, until I'm at a red light, and look over to see the person in the other car laughing at me. :P
Of course, one embarrassing moment is never enough for me, and I tend to repeat them. :P I love running, but I'm a clumsy runner. I have tripped multiple times while running, much to the amusement of my neighbors. :P I think they've gotten used to it though, so it doesn't really matter anymore. ;)
Wooow, Ruby, those are some crazy stories! :P The twin one had me laughing. xD

Avy by ValiantArcher, sig by hyaline12. Thank you!
pogginfan
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby RubyGamgee » Dec 31, 2012 12:09 pm

pogginfan wrote:I tend to create embarrassing moments for myself, I must admit. It truly is a gift. :P

Bahaha! I know, right? I consider it a privilege to bring others joy and amusement with my own natural foolishness, ignorance, and/or clumsiness. :)
blog | graphics | youtube channel
member of the Tenth Ave. North club
Keeper of the Secret Magic
1 Peter 3:15
RubyGamgee
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jan 02, 2013 2:32 am

I don't like it when my friends mess around with me when I'm nervous. lol.

This happened about three semesters back. I was in my biology class studying for an exam before finals and one of my friends who wasn't in the class me so he came in and yanks my roller chair (yeah we have roller chairs in college ;) ) and hugs me. I screamed so loud like murder that everyone in the class and out in the hallway stared at me, while most were laughing. It was embarrassing and i could barely concentrate on my exam after that. :|
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby IloveFauns » Jan 03, 2013 4:37 am

^ I become so out of it some times, immersed in movie, a book or in thought. Sometimes I don't know people are talking to me or anything. Takes them to yell at me to snap ,e out of my trance. I think it was because I blocked out all noise when I was studying the past 2 years because my family makes soo much noise I had to do something.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Adeona » May 20, 2013 11:54 pm

Dernhelm_of_Rohan wrote:I was fourteen years old and I had never known any boys in my own age group, outside my own family. I got to Sunday school on time, but even so, there was only one seat left..... Right between two really tall and intimidating teenage guys. [...] Fortunately, I'm a good liar (which my friends tell me is also known as "acting"), so I don't think anyone noticed my discomfort.

That is indeed quite the story.

One of my most embarrassing moments is similar, in a way. I was fourteen, and at camp for the first time. Everyone was getting on the bus to ride to the dinner hall, and I found a seat by myself (I was painfully shy then. Still am somewhat). This young man counselor got on late and stopped by my seat as the first empty one he came to. He asked "Do you mind if I sit here?" in a somewhat rhetorical manner - after all, why should I? Most people wouldn't have minded in the least. I, however, responded in a tone made rudely sharp by surprise and discomfort, "YES." He was a bit taken aback, said something like, "Oh. Okay." and found a different seat. There was some laughter from the other campers at my odd behavior. I blushed furiously and didn't look at anyone for the remainder of the ride.

Lady Rosalia wrote:My only consolation is that I was an ill-at-ease fourteen year old...

Me too. :p
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby WinterStar » May 26, 2013 3:16 pm

*Snicker, snicker* These are all pretty funny.

So, one night I was at Ruby's house and we were walking in her backyard admiring the remains of a bonfire. In the dark I completely forgot about "the pit" (A 4-5 foot deep hole) and one second I was walking along and the next BAM! I was in the pit! Ruby was laughing so hard I almost pulled her in when she tried to pull me OUT! :p To make matters worse, I promptly stepped in the puddle at the bottom, which I had narrowly missed landing in.

More recently, I was leaving a coffee shop with my sister, Meadow, and looking across the street when Meadow pointed out something in a shop window on our side when I walked straight into some "art" (a giant metal-frame coffee cup square in the middle of the sidewalk). I convulsively tightened my grip on my cup of frozen hot chocolate. My thumb went straight into the side of the cup and there was a massive cascade. And, apparently, the barrista saw me and was laughing. :ymblushing:

There are lots more, but these are some of the funniest. :)
"I'm genuinely self-absorbed and deeply shallow!"
Avi & Sig by ValiantArcher
WinterStar
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby IloveFauns » May 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Some of these are great.

Recently i went out the back at work to grab a few minuets after a very busy morning. Anyway I started to sing a rather strange song mind you. I went through the whole song not noticing one of my fellow worker sitting not too far away. I continued to pretend i didn't notice them and walk out.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby wild rose » Mar 01, 2014 7:06 am

Embarrasing story that happened to me recently.

I have a hobby of candle making and keep a seperate for melting the wax. One Saturday I was alone at home (I generally can only melt candles when I am alone because the wax/paraffin smells really strong and everyone gets annoyed) and I had just finished melting a batch of wax and pouring it into the round shapes for it to harden into candles. After that I cleaned up my mess, but (being the scatter brain/space case that I am) I left my candle melting pan on the stove. That evening my brother saw the pot on the stove and not knowing it was for melting wax, he made hot chocolate for everyone in it! I only found out the next morning when I came into the kitchen and saw my pan had the remains of the hot choclate in it. I asked my brother and the whole truth came out. Oh boy, I felt so silly for having let the pan out :ymblushing: what was more, the wax I was melting had sparkles in it, so everyone was wondering why the hot chocolate was sparkly. But at least everyone now knows what my melting pan looks like, so something similar won't happen again ;))
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Previous