This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Most Embarrassing Moments

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Most Embarrassing Moments

Postby Shadowlander » Nov 25, 2009 3:28 pm

wisewoman wrote:One embarrassing moment for me was when I was singing "O Holy Night" at a church we were new-ish at. I didn't know to switch the microphone on (not all of them have that switch), so my first two lines were accompanied by desperate eye-language to the people at the soundboard, who just as desperately pantomimed back to turn the mike over and flip the switch. Which I did. I proceeded as usual but the zest was gone from the performance.

;)) I used to just stand there like an idiot and blush when stuff like that happened. But eventually I figured if everyone was laughing at me I might as well throw another log on the fire and get a few more chuckles than normal. So if that happened to me I'd have probably made a comical Grinch face at the pantomimers and then at the conclusion I'd have done a theatrical bow and said aloud in a booming voice "Next show at 10:30!"
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby TheGeneral » Nov 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Oh yeah, remembered a few things..
one time I went through a whole day without realizing I had a hole in my pants.. in a bad place. :ymblushing:
And once I was walking down the stairs at school and my backpack strap got caught on the railing and I couldn't free myself cause I was carrying food, someone had to help unhook it. 8-|
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby PELS » Nov 25, 2009 8:39 pm

Okay, something slightly embarrassing happened today, about an hour ago actually.
I was helping in the nursery at church and this little girl adamantly refused to quit 'er bawling. I was right in the moment of giving her a nice looking "Will you just close your mouth" glare, when I noticed the door was open just a tiny bit, displaying an eye which I reconized as her father's. I tried to act like everything was normal and the rest of the night I "acted" escpecially nice to that disturbing little kid.
Avvy by Kate

"Argue against God & you argue against the power that makes you able to argue at all." -C.S. Lewis
PELS
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnia Girl » Nov 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Okay, I can't remember any super embarrassing moments offhand, but I do remember one time when my sister and I were doing a duet in church about a year ago. I was playing the piano, and she was singing. Well, at the very, very end of the song, I hit a wrong note! :ymblushing: I was so mortified - it sounded awful. ;)) LOL.
Founder of the Dragon Fan Club - PM me to join!
Team Hoodie!
I've met Michael English!
Avie and sig by theprincessspy.
Narnia Girl
NarniaWeb Guru

Previous