This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Most Embarrassing Moments

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Most Embarrassing Moments

Postby PELS » Nov 23, 2009 11:28 am

Here's a place where you can share your most embarrassing moments. Be sure to keep it family-friendly and have fun! :)

I can't think of any embarrassing moments off-hand... maybe later. :p
Avvy by Kate

"Argue against God & you argue against the power that makes you able to argue at all." -C.S. Lewis
PELS
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Most Embarrassing Moments

Postby Avra » Nov 23, 2009 1:59 pm

I think my most embarrassing moment EVER was about a year ago, at the mall. I was coming out of the bookstore with my brother, I'd had a long day and I was tired. Any way, I got stopped by this lady. Her English wasn't perfect, but I did get that she was wanted me to try out her sample of white creamy stuff. I just wanted to get out of there without being rude so I took a giant fingerful and popped it in my mouth. To my dying day (and possibly beyond) I will never forget the look on her face as she exclaimed: "Not to eat! It lotion!"
And if that wasn't bad enough I had to explain to my brother why I was scraping my tongue. He then took it upon himself to tell the whole story to the rest of the family.
Sheldon: A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies "for you, no charge".

Proud sister of an Aspie (Aspergers)
Hannah's Scribblings
Avra
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Hathaway Standalone » Nov 23, 2009 8:21 pm

Uhh...one time I was in an upstairs room of a model house, where a few other people were looking around. Bored, I sat on the front of a car which was mounted on the wall...and it broke and fell off. We left shortly afterwards.

Another time, I didn't throw a bowling ball hard enough down the lane and it halted midway. My mother told my younger sister and I to go get it. Not expecting the lane's level of slickness, we stepped onto it and immediately slipped and fell down hard. We got up. And fell down again. Slip and slide the whole way. I don't think we even got to the bowling ball before a lady's voice came on the loudspeaker: "Please get off the bowling lane!" Slip and slide back.
This is your start/This is your heart/This is the place you were born
This is your sun/These are your lungs/This is the place you were born
And I am always, always, always/Yours

Av>flambeau
Hathaway Standalone
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Erucenindë » Nov 23, 2009 9:19 pm

One embarrassing moment happened to me not but a week ago actually. ;))

I'm in my college choir, so we go to churches to sing for them. We are dressed up formally.

Anyways, we had just finished singing a song, and were sitting down, when, not noticing the space in between the chairs, I sat down half on a chair and half not, and pretty much fell over onto the girl beside me. It was pretty embarrassing that I missed the chair.. :ymblushing:
My Graphics Site
Council of Elrond - Best LOTR forum
Aliit ori'shya tal'din. ~ Mandolorian Proverb
Auta i lóme; Aurë entuluva. ~ Quenya
Erucenindë
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby greenbird37 » Nov 23, 2009 9:33 pm

I was in a gathering and my foot fell asleep, and when it was time to get up, I fell flat on my face...so embarassing!! :-s
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lucy P. » Nov 24, 2009 11:28 am

You're lucky to have no embarrassing moments off-hand, PELS!

I was swimming without my glasses once and mistook my brother for my friend. Or maybe it was my friend for my brother. I still can't tell. Ouch. :ymblushing: At least my friend was a guy too, otherwise it would have been much worse.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lucy P.
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby TheGeneral » Nov 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Lol greenbird37 I did something similar in high school. I must've been sitting on my leg and when I got up I stumbled and 'fell' onto a desk :p
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 24, 2009 2:30 pm

hmmmmm.....let's see........
I was at Soulfest 2007 (a Christian music festival in the summer).
I always volunteer there, doing merchadise and security, and so forth. anyway, I was sent to sell merchandise for a band called Disciple". I had sold their merch before, so I felt comfortable with it. I had been doing this for an hour when I was startled by a voice beside my head saying, 'Do you have change for a five?" I had to bite my lip to keep from screaming and I turned to see a very tall man bending over. I quickly exchanged five one dollar bills for his five and after he left I wondered who on earth he was. I looked a few tables down and saw the man standing behind the Flatfoot 56 table, selling merch. after he had come over to exchange money with me a couple more times, I asked the man who was the manager for the merchandise volunteers who that guy was, since I didn't reconise him as a voluteer. the manager laughed and said that he was the lead singer of Flatfoot 56. I was embarrassed, to say the least. i thought the guy was just some voluteer! :D :ymblushing: :D :D :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Shadowlander » Nov 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Goodness, Liberty, you make it sound like the guy was Richard Kiel. ;))
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby greenbird37 » Nov 24, 2009 9:58 pm

I was walking and they had a long thick tube transferring fuel to a building, so I was walking and was not paying attention and tripped and fell flat on my face! I was okay, had a scrapped knee and a torn up shoe! But that was to say the least very embarassing :(
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Shadowlander » Nov 24, 2009 10:19 pm

;)) Somewhat on that kind of note greenbird, it reminds me of something that happened to me when I was in the military.

This would have been late 96' or early 97' and I was based up at McGuire AFB in New Jersey. The base was always under some kind of remodeling and construction crews were always out and about tearing things down, throwing buildings up, or digging holes to install the necessities in.

Whenever I would come home I'd park my car in the dorm parking lot and walk the same exact route to the dorm every single time, between a tiny office building and a dumpster. Unbeknownst to me base engineers had dug an enormous 10 foot wide, 6 foot deep hole right in my path earlier in the day to work on who knows what, and they didn't put up any cones or tape marking that such work was happening. It was very dark out and I'd just gotten home from the base BX (that's kind of like the military version of Wal-Mart) and there I am, happy as a clam because I've got some chips and salsa and a movie rental. And I'm just as happy as I can be, grinning from ear to ear and just thinking ahead to my chips and hot salsa, my favorite (still) snack food in all the world and then the next minute a tiny but sharp "what the...?!?!" escapes my lips and then...

*WHOOSH*

I'm standing at the bottom of a pit that's over my head in height and as big around as an above ground swimming pool. And it's muddy and very dark. I'm standing there and boggled by it all...I mean this didn't happen last night.

And on that night, if you happened to have observed this bizarre, chubby, chips and salsa loving Airman suddenly disappear, you'd have seen a small pair of beady eyes peek out over the edge of the chasm only 30 seconds later, cautiously looking about in every direction to see if anyone had spotted this little fiasco, and then deftly climbing out and walking to the dorm as though nothing had happened. Except this one was leaving a trail of broken tortilla chips in his wake. :ymblushing:
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby narnianerd » Nov 24, 2009 11:28 pm

Oh my gosh... ok when I was like 10 we pull into wal-mart and I had to use the restroom really bad so I sprint in the store, jog to the bathrooms and run in. It's only after I come out of the stall that its the Ladys bathroom :ymblushing: so I wait till there is no one in the bathroom; open the door and jump out. Making it look as if I had just came out of the mens room =))
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby IloveFauns » Nov 25, 2009 1:41 am

most recent was calling out my score in a test when everyone else got a lot less then me and they wouldn't stop starring at me.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby wisewoman » Nov 25, 2009 11:03 am

SL wrote:Except this one was leaving a trail of broken tortilla chips in his wake.

=))

One embarrassing moment for me was when I was singing "O Holy Night" at a church we were new-ish at. I didn't know to switch the microphone on (not all of them have that switch), so my first two lines were accompanied by desperate eye-language to the people at the soundboard, who just as desperately pantomimed back to turn the mike over and flip the switch. Which I did. I proceeded as usual but the zest was gone from the performance :ymblushing:
"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine
wisewoman
Moderator Emeritus
The Moddess of Sentence Surgery

Postby narnian_at_heart » Nov 25, 2009 12:30 pm

My parents had just bought a piano and we were unloading it. My dad turned to me as they were taking it out of the back of a truck and said, "Okay, Julie, go tell your mom to come out here and figure out where she wants this to go and what door it'll go through". And I said, "Yes mom." I have no idea why I said that. I guess because Dad was talking about Mom in the sentence. My whole family laughed plus two guys who were helping un load it (one of which, I had a crush on at the time). that was so embarrassing.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 25, 2009 2:10 pm

Shadowlander: You should have been there! after I actually met the guy, he was really nice, but he was so tall and had such a deep voice, it scared the daylights out of me when he got that close to my face.....lol! I laugh about it now! :ymblushing: :p :D B-) :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Next