This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Pets Blog!!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The Pets Blog!!!

Postby wild rose » Aug 31, 2012 12:20 pm

Thanks Lady Haleth and Bella
The kittens are about a month old, those pictures were taken when they were three weeks :)
I haven't heard from my grandma yet, so I'm guessing no one has called, but I'm hopefull we will find them good and loving owners :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Shantih » Sep 03, 2012 4:34 am

So cute! We had a similar experience when I was younger - took in a little stray, and a couple of days later she had four kittens ;)) We found them all nice homes but the house was a bit mad for a while.

It seems to be pet month in my house, a couple of weeks ago my brother got two chinchillas :D They're in a family room though so I spend loads of time with them, I don't know how I'm meant to get anything done with something so fluffy around.

They don't have names yet, we've taken to calling them Wimpy and Grumpy and I'm worried it's going to stick ;))

This is Wimpy -

And Grumpy -

I think Grumpy isn't very fair actually, he's not really. He just has a lot of confidence and doesn't like it when we stop him having the run of the house - if you pick him up to stop him escaping he yowls at you a bit like a cat :p They're very playful, as soon as you open the door they both hop out and climb all over you, I usually end up with one on my head and another on my shoulder trying to steal my glasses.
There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.
Shantih
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Sep 18, 2012 6:12 am

I love your chinchillas Shantih, they are so adorable and poofy. ;)) My cousin had a chinchilla that I got to be around growing up and they're a lot of fun... and fast! Do yours like taking dust baths? ;))

Onto a story of one of my own pets, Fiona is a peanut butter addict. She'll do anything for it, it's probably her favorite treat. If I open a jar for breakfast, the drool waterfall turns on. =p~
A while back we discovered that giving her a mostly empty jar of peanut butter to clean out is highly entertaining. The outside of the jar is smooth so it has a tendency to go shooting out of her paws and then she has to chase it across the floor and carry it back to a fabric/carpeted surface so she can get a better grip on it. Watching her figure out how to clean out a jar is just hysterical.
Of course the one we cleaned up and gave her this morning is small so she can manipulate it better, but it's still funny none-the-less. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wild rose » Oct 03, 2012 10:52 am

your chinchillas are so adorable Shantih :)
A dog that like peanut butter, that's really awesome, I didn't think of peanut butter as dog food before :p Fiona sounds like so much fun FK

my friend is offering me a two month old female guinea pig for free. I really, really really want her, but my parents are not so keen on the idea. My mom is mainly worried about the fact that there will be an extra expense on feed. I'm doing my best to teach Lucy to eat a cheaper feed, that way it won't cost so much, but that little lady is dreadfully spoiled. I'm going to try and talk my mom into it today, and I really hope that soon we'll be able to get Lucy a friend :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby wild rose » Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

....and the good news is, with help from De we convinced my mom that getting the guinea pig was a new idea. She arrived today, De and I did have a bit of a debate on what to call her, and finally decided on Roxanne, as it's a name that we both like. Also, Roxanne has a little mohawk on her head, so De said we should have a 'Rocky' name and Roxanne sounded rocky in her mind (my older sister first suggested it) so Roxanne she is. I'll post photoes soon
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby wild rose » Oct 11, 2012 12:10 pm

lol, I feel awkward having a triple post, but it's been 24 hours so technically it's legal
As promised here's a photo of Roxy:
Roxanne
things have been going so crazy for me and the pets. First off I don't have a decent cage for Roxy yet, so she lives in a large cardboard box for now, I didn't have any decent feed bowls so had to do two small plates (one for food, one for water); then Lucy's old water bottle cracked and got the bedding in her cage all wet. I couldn't go to the store that day to get a new one (the nearest pet store is about a 30 minute walk away). The next day I went to the pet shop and found out they didn't have any water bottles :| but I did manage to get another feed bowl, which I filled with water for Lucy. Lucy, being Lucy, got the water all over the cage in one night, so today after my studies I had to risk being late for work and go to a different pet shop and get her a decent bottle. Once we got home I took the old water bottle, and with the help of scotch tape and and scraps of an old plastic bag I managed to fix up the crack (I hope it won't leak now) and with the help of some more scotchtape and string attached it to Roxy's box. So now it's all good, I've got two feed bowl and two water bottles, provided my patch on the bottle proves to be water proof :)
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Oct 11, 2012 5:04 pm

*posts in here briefly so WR won't have to add another post to the string*
One of these days I plan to answer the questions and post a picture of my cat Aravis. I have a ton of things I ought to be doing so that will have to wait. She had a middle ear infection in both ears. I took her to the vet today and her ears are looking good. :D She has two more weeks of medication. Her meds have made her lethargic. :( She is normally a VERY active cat so it has been hard on my sister and me to see her like this. She's already been on meds 4 weeks.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby johobbit » Oct 12, 2012 11:25 am

Aaahhh, Shantih, the chinchillas are adorable! From your brief description, they sound a lot like rats ♥: personable, fun, energetic. :D

:)) at Fiona's PB antics!

Oh gracious, wild rose, Roxanne is so beautiful! I love her colouring (have always wanted hair that colour, lol).

Sorry to hear about Aravis, Twigs. :( I bet you can hardly wait to see her off those meds and active again!
johobbit

Postby qwertykate88 » Dec 12, 2012 3:42 pm

So, this is happening at Casa de Kate right now ...

We had this curious little visitor peering through our back door Monday night. It is now Wednesday night and it has completely taken over the back deck. Dusty isn't thrilled about this and there's been a bunch of hissing and wailing but so far, she hasn't tried to do much of anything to reclaim her territory.

It's a very friendly kitty and quite chubby so we're assuming that it has a family somewhere and is just lost. Or that it just mooches off of the neighborhood by suckering people into feeding it with it's cute, pink nose pressed up against the glass. As evidenced by my parents, who are feeding it. :P

We would feel terrible if our kitty disappeared right before Christmas so if it hasn't gone home on its own by the end of the week, we'll start asking around.
qwertykate88
Moderator Emeritus
Tiny Blonde One

Postby Purpleotter » Dec 12, 2012 5:11 pm

I own a male Yorkshire terrier
"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia"-Aslan
Purpleotter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wild rose » Dec 16, 2012 2:35 pm

awwww I hope you can find the kitty's owner qwertykate88

what's your terrier's name Purpleotter? :)

we discovered this a few weeks after we got the guinea pig, but Roxanne turned out to be male :p so we changed his name to Rocky and he lives seperatly from Lucy. For now he's living in an old, rather large aquariam that used to house my turtles. I still haven't been able to get a cage for him, but the aquariaum seems to be working just find for now, I do hope to get him a cage by Christmas though. He's turned out to be very acrobatic and active, it's fun to see him jumping about, quite different from Lucy who is a lazy lady and just likes to lie around and do nothing. Rocky is around four months now, and I don't know how big he'll grow, so far he seems quite big for a four month old, I suppose we'll see if he gets bigger :)
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby winterlife » Dec 19, 2012 10:44 am

Methinks I shall join the conversation, if that is okay. :)

How many pets do you have?
Technically, two. They're Holland lops, and I am the one who bought them, their food, and all related items. But I'm moving and can't take them with me, so for a short period of time they will be my sister's.
Here they are!

What are their names, and how did you come up with them?
The grey (technically, "chinchilla") one is named Gracie, and the white and grey one is Bianca. The names just...fit. :p

What are some funny things that your pets do?
Gracie loves to stand up on her hind feet. The only problem is that she stretches so high that she falls over backwards! It has happened at least ten times that I am aware of, but she still does it. And Bianca likes to sit in their water dish for some reason I am unaware of.

What are some funny stories that you have about your pets?
Hmm...don't really have any. They're pretty calm bunnies other than their fifteen-minute madness every evening. (They race around the cage and make a general racket.)
Oh! I've got one! The first week we had the bunnies, my dad was holding Bianca, and she had an accident, so he put her back in her cage. She loves being held, so now she knows if it happens again, she'll be put back. Whenever she needs to go, she'll wiggle so I put her down, do her business, and come back to be picked up again! Much nicer now. :ymsmug: :p
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
NWtwin:Sleepwalking NWsibs:8
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 19, 2012 11:33 am

*Jumps up and down and squeels at the site of more rabbits on the pets blog* BUNNIES!!! Ok now that I'm done rabbit-fan-girling :P

They are so adorable winterlife! Sorry to hear you can't take them with you :( Fluffy's fallen over backwards like that before... You are lucky to have such easy going bunnies however...

Speaking of Fluffy... She decided yesterday... again... that it would be a good idea to jump out of the top door of her cage again... Gave me a bit of a fright to as she landed on my lap and I wasn't looking... fortunately she hopped back in because the door to my bedroom was open and the cat's were in the house!
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Dec 20, 2012 7:24 am

Your rabbits are very very cute, Winterlife, and their names do indeed seem to fit their appearance very well. What a funny story about their "accidents" and what a clever bunny to figure out that he shouldn't do such things so quickly ;)).

*wants to snuggle one of the bunnies*
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby wild rose » Dec 20, 2012 11:47 am

D'awww your bunnies are just sooooo adorable, they look like they could be cuddled all day :)
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Princess Anna » May 15, 2013 3:06 pm

So, he's not really mine, per se... but my sister got a new puppy about two (going on three) weeks ago!

And, as she's asleep in the day, and working at night, guess who gets to train and cuddle with the baby? ME!!

Facts:
Got him: at the Humane Society, across the river
Age: He was 12 weeks old at the time. So, around 14 weeks old now?
Name: Liam. She thought of changing it at first, but decided not to, as she'd been calling him that for hours by the time he got home. I tend to call him "LiLi", and she occasionally does too!
Breed: a mix. Lab for sure. Not sure on the second... we've heard a few ideas. But we're leaning towards border collie. Why? cause he has a thin white stripe down his belly, and has herding tendencies ;)
Colour: Black, like Sarah's previous doggie, Lady.

Family names:
Daddy= Pops
Momma= Grandma
Me= Aunt Dee Dee (what? it's more fun to say than "Aunt Andrea" and when my sis couldn't say my name as a toddler, one of the things I was called was "Andeedee". So, it works :P )
Sarah= Mama/Mommy

Random:
His favourite toys are
1) Monkey
-Aunt Dee Dee had to give this one eleven stitches yesterday, 'cause LiLi has torn holes in said toy. What? He drags it around, chews on it, plays tug-of-war with it, sleeps with it...
2) Elephant
-a squeaky, plastic, round thingummy that I found at Petsmart.
-It currently lives under Mama's bed :P
3) Old plastic water bottles
-He likes to pounce on them, and chew them up ;))

His favourite game: tug-of-war. No, really... he plays it with anything
Liam chews... everything
Liam is... very affectionate. Loves to give kisses, cuddles, and to be picked up (Heaven help us when he's bigger!)
Liam likes to... toe the line. He's always testing the limits to see what he is, and isn't, allowed to do.

He's already starting to get fatter, and taller than just a few weeks ago. I don't know how long we'll be able to keep picking him up and carrying him. Um, he's very smart. Likes to be under foot, and to follow you around.

Oh! Tends to pile up, and sit on, ALL of his toys... while chewing on ONE of them. 8-|

Let's see... I guess pictures and more stories will come later. But I thought you'd want to know about the new family member. :)
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

PreviousNext