This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

Postby shastastwin » Apr 16, 2014 5:22 am

Once I get the last of the new mice, I plan to go for the following eggs this year:

M400
Eclipse
Both Kings
Rift Eggs
Mojo
Essence Collector
Iceberg/Slushy Shoreline

Anything else I get is icing on the carrot cake. ;)
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby starkat » Apr 16, 2014 5:26 am

Uncaught eggs:

Clean
Crate
Gargatua
Gate Guardian
Gnawnia Rift
Gnawnian Express
Icewing Generals
(Not sure why, but high, medium, and low charge eggs are on the list)
Living Salt
Lucky
Magmatic Golem
Mighty Mole
Mystic King
Sharpshooter
Technic King
Toxic Spill

I was thinking about starting out going after the charge eggs, but I think I'm going to hop around for a bit and then focus on the charge eggs even if the drop rate is different.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Apr 16, 2014 5:52 am

I've caught four of the new eggs so far. Three easy ones and one hard one (Living Salt, hehe, pays to hang out in the Hidden Depths for maps). Updated my list on the previous page.

Going for both of the King eggs now. We have the Technic King left on our map and it's holding up my ability to catch a Bounty Hunter mouse (I have an unopened Wanted Poster). After that I'll probably focus on the train mice and the Icewing General egg that I skipped. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Apr 16, 2014 6:03 am

Orb prices are probably going to plummet dramatically for this one. I've wrapped up the M400 assignment I was on and I picked up that egg. Going after the Mojo and whatever else gets dropped in the pinnacle chamber. I haven't made up my mind where to go next.

I may hit the trains tomorrow morning when I can log on occasionally from my phone. I'm not on a team though, so I suspect I'll go solo unless there's someone else willing to take me along.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Apr 16, 2014 8:06 pm

Well I did not get a lot of eggs checked off the list today, but I did get both ZT King eggs. :) I was quite pleased to get both in one run without too much trouble at all. AND I finished in time for the train this evening. :D
*heads off to update her list on the previous page*
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Apr 17, 2014 8:04 am

I've been updating my previous list by just deleting the eggs that I've found. I think I'll set up for a train on Sunday if anyone wants to do one? I'm trying for the rift and mighty mole eggs. Not much luck yet. I'll probably switch over to zugzwangs for tomorrow and Saturday.
starkat

Postby fantasia » Apr 17, 2014 8:37 am

I'll be sure to get you a team invite by the time you're ready to do a train Kat. :) I doubt I'd be able to join you on Sunday though. I'll be super busy that day with Easter and my mom and sister's birthday party.

Got the Crate Egg late last night and the Sharpshooter Egg just now. Only the Magmatic Golem to go. He's the one I fear the most out of all new eggs. *gulp* I have 18 charms. HOPEFULLY that will be enough.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Apr 17, 2014 9:48 am

As somebody who has yet to catch the magmatic golem, I wish you luck ;))

I'm available for trains now. I'm spending time in the rift trying to get the pesky raw diamond mouse, which has eluded me thus far. I went ahead and nabbed another Goliath Field Mouse just in case we need another rift crystal in the future.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » Apr 17, 2014 11:40 am

Thanks DiGs! :)

I just noticed that Varna got a Lucky Egg off of the Desert Architect Mouse. :-o Good to make note of. Naturally I went and checked out horntracker and they have their EggTracker 2014 page up. I see the Lucky Egg truly is just a lucky drop as tons of mice can drop it in tons of locations.

Question, wasn't there a place last year that let you see the number of eggs all the players had caught?

ETA: So happy, got the Magmatic Golem Mouse and Egg. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 17, 2014 2:03 pm

I honestly had NO idea that the Golem was that hard to catch. I caught him on my first attraction; only used a handful of charms. Was definitely under 5. I about spit out my drink when I read on the forum that the average charm amount needed for one catch was forty. FORTY...

As luck would have it, I'll probably burn through every single Black Powder and Magmatic Crystal charm I have and not catch another one this event. :p Here's hoping not, lol.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Ithilwen » Apr 17, 2014 2:53 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:I just noticed that Varna got a Lucky Egg off of the Desert Architect Mouse. :-o Good to make note of. Naturally I went and checked out horntracker and they have their EggTracker 2014 page up. I see the Lucky Egg truly is just a lucky drop as tons of mice can drop it in tons of locations.

I've gotten at least two Lucky Eggs so far. Are they supposed to be rare?

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby fantasia » Apr 17, 2014 3:55 pm

@Gymmie, yeah, that's why he was the mouse I feared the most. 40?!?!? :-o I wonder if they meant that was the safe amount to have rather than the average. I can't imagine anybody needed 80 charms to catch him... well, unless they're using the regular SLAC trap or something and are SUPER unlucky.

@Ithil, I'm not sure how rare the Lucky Egg is. I had mistakenly assumed based on the name it dropped off the Lucky Mouse, so I hadn't been watching for it. It does look a little rare, but not so much so that people are in danger of not getting it before the end of the event. I know at least three of my friends have it three days in, so I'm not worried about it. :)

*checks Icewing General Egg off the list* :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Apr 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Yeah, I've gotten two lucky eggs thus far. They have various luck charms (regular, super and extreme)
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 17, 2014 7:21 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:Question, wasn't there a place last year that let you see the number of eggs all the players had caught?

There was someone on the forum who had made a list - but he posted earlier today and said that the old post wasn't accessible any more, but he would make a new list.

I PMed him and sent him my copy of the list which I made from his list last year - he got the PM just as he was finishing his new list after 90 minutes' work :p
He would have had to edit mine anyway, though, because I hadn't worked out why some of my links didn't work - so perhaps it will be interesting for him to compare. And perhaps that's why he said thank you for sending him the list :p

He'll put up the new list soon, and I'll give you the new link when I find it.

I've got all the MM eggs, and will probably stay there until I've rebuilt the Charm Shoppe - I've run out of Artisan charms. I've got several High and Medium charge eggs as well - some of the Medium charge eggs have some MM cheese, but unlike last year, most of them have Gouda.

On the train, on the other hand, I only got the Gnawnian Express egg - none of the train specific ones. I would have expexted the Crate egg, but no drop.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby starkat » Apr 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Temporarily gave up on the rift eggs. I just need a break. Hopped over and picked up the wanted poster egg. I'm going after the gate guardian tonight. I think tomorrow during the day I will go after some of the iceberg eggs.

I would do a train tomorrow or Saturday, but my schedule's going to keep afk most of the day and well into the evening on both days. So I'll look for a 24 hour one starting Sunday in the evening (post 5 p.m.)
starkat

Postby AstroWolfD » Apr 18, 2014 1:20 am

Just popping in for a status report ;)

Wolfy and I have been crossing things off a rather long list recently... the egg hunt fits into this nicely. Got all the train eggs save for 1, and working on Claw Shot City currently. On a side note, a S.L.A.C. III would not be protest at some point :P Don't know exactly the trail will lead next... eh, our spontaneity keeps the mice on their toes anyway ;)
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

PreviousNext