This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 13, 2012 2:27 pm

A friend just gave me a great tip. If you're looking to catch Lucky mice and collect the charms, arm Brie in the Meditation room. You'll only attract two mice; the Hapless and the Lucky. I'm going to stick with that for a little while; try and get some more SLC and ULC's because I don't really have any of those. :)
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 13, 2012 2:44 pm

That sounds like an excellent strategy, Gymmie. I think I'll try that when this tournament ends.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Lucky Mouse? (Needs to read the news more often)

Yay Astro for Shelder Mouse! Boo me for lack thereof. :P (I did silver the Briegull however.)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby fantasia » Jul 13, 2012 3:22 pm

Gymmie wrote:If you're looking to catch Lucky mice and collect the charms, arm Brie in the Meditation room. You'll only attract two mice; the Hapless and the Lucky.

Personally I think that sounds like a terrible idea. :)) Most of these event mice seem to have the same attraction rate no matter where you hunt. So say the Lucky Mouse has a 1 in 100 chance of dropping by your trap, no matter where you hunt. In the Dojo, your attraction rate might look something like this (not accurate, just an example).

10 - Claws
10 - Fangs
10 - Belts
12 - Samauri
20 - Ninja
8 - Monk
15 - Kung Fu
4 - Hapless
10 - Archer
1 - Lucky

Whereas in the Meditation Room, it might look something like this....

99 - Hapless
1 - Lucky

Eeeesh... that's potentially a whole lotta Hapless mice, and with Brie cheese you're losing 120 gold a pop. So this is definitely not a strategy that I would recommend unless they prove that you have a pretty high attraction there. But best of luck to you all that decide to try it! :) But I would suggest hunting wherever the heck you want cause I don't think it'll make a bit of difference. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Gymfan15 wrote:A friend just gave me a great tip. If you're looking to catch Lucky mice and collect the charms, arm Brie in the Meditation room. You'll only attract two mice; the Hapless and the Lucky. I'm going to stick with that for a little while; try and get some more SLC and ULC's because I don't really have any of those. :)

^^ This works very well. I got it on my first try. It works especially well if you use your ACRONYM, because that's an Arcane trap. Hapless Mice aren't caught with Arcane traps. Which means Lucky Mice are the only ones you'll catch.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 13, 2012 4:05 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:
Gymmie wrote:If you're looking to catch Lucky mice and collect the charms, arm Brie in the Meditation room. You'll only attract two mice; the Hapless and the Lucky.

Personally I think that sounds like a terrible idea. :)) Most of these event mice seem to have the same attraction rate no matter where you hunt. So say the Lucky Mouse has a 1 in 100 chance of dropping by your trap, no matter where you hunt. In the Dojo, your attraction rate might look something like this (not accurate, just an example).

10 - Claws
10 - Fangs
10 - Belts
12 - Samauri
20 - Ninja
8 - Monk
15 - Kung Fu
4 - Hapless
10 - Archer
1 - Lucky

Whereas in the Meditation Room, it might look something like this....

99 - Hapless
1 - Lucky

Eeeesh... that's potentially a whole lotta Hapless mice, and with Brie cheese you're losing 120 gold a pop. So this is definitely not a strategy that I would recommend unless they prove that you have a pretty high attraction there. But best of luck to you all that decide to try it! :) But I would suggest hunting wherever the heck you want cause I don't think it'll make a bit of difference. ;)

It seems to be working a lot better than that, haha. I've been in the Meditation Room for 10 hunts, and I've got 8 Lucky, 1 Hapless and 1 FTA. Setup is Aqua/Ambush/Attraction/Brie but I'm going to be disarming the Attraction charms now and see how it goes.

ETA: But Hapless will still be attracted to the ACRO, right? I don't see how that will make that big of a difference.

I'm off to Elub for a tourney so I won't be back in the MR for awhile; I'll be trolling the boards looking for tips until then. :)
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Gymfan15 wrote:But Hapless will still be attracted to the ACRO, right? I don't see how that will make that big of a difference.

According to the list in my "Trap Effectiveness" section, the Hapless is in the "Impossible" category, when I arm the ACRONYM.

Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 13, 2012 4:30 pm

Yes, but that doesn't mean that you won't attract them, Ithi. . . it just means that you'll get robbed by a Hapless mouse. . . . which is about as pathetic a thing that can happen.

Nabbed mine in the Meditation room ;).
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 13, 2012 5:07 pm

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:Yes, but that doesn't mean that you won't attract them, Ithi. . . it just means that you'll get robbed by a Hapless mouse. . . . which is about as pathetic a thing that can happen.

Ah, I see. Well, it's going well so far. I've caught 3 Lucky Mice in the past hour. ;)

Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Based on Ithy and Gymmie's reports I've decided to take a break from the shelder to go after some Lucky Mice in the Meditation room.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 13, 2012 5:40 pm

Fantasia wrote:Personally I think that sounds like a terrible idea.

Sorry. . . you're wrong this time :P Since 6:27 (when I first sounded my horn in here) here are my stats:

4 Hapless
5 Lucky
1 FTA
1 Stale

And I've gotten 3 Super Luck Charms, 9 Luck Charms and one Ultimate Luck Charm.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby AstroWolfD » Jul 13, 2012 5:41 pm

^ Followed suit and caught him on my first try. I think I can safely say that the strategy Gymfan passed along is a good one :p .
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby fantasia » Jul 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Gymfan15 wrote:It seems to be working a lot better than that, haha. I've been in the Meditation Room for 10 hunts, and I've got 8 Lucky, 1 Hapless and 1 FTA.

Hahaha, that's too funny. Well in my defense Gymmie didn't pass on the super high catch rate info that went along with the suggestion. ;) But I am glad that it guarantees everyone who's high enough level to get one this weekend. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 14, 2012 12:32 am

I caught the Shelder! And during a tournament too :D Things are looking up :D
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby AstroWolfD » Jul 14, 2012 6:12 am

Yay Wolf! ;) Perfect timing. The 300 tourney points are a nice bonus :p .
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Really enjoying the event weekend so far. :) I hung out in the Meditation Room most of the day; I got a lot more Hapless than yesterday, but I'm still up to maybe 26 Lucky mice? I forget. Used WBwT most of the day and ditched the Attraction charm.

Spent this evening in the Pinnacle Chamber and bagged a few MoJo's just because I could. I got maybe six? I forget. Six out of 12 pieces of cheese ain't bad. Made some Curd and I got Dojo cheese, Onyx Gorgonzola, Limelight and Gouda. Yay. ;) Was hoping for some Runic or Rumble but that's ok!

Right now I'm going to camp overnight and see if I can get lucky with a Silth, and then it's either back to the Tribal Isles for another shot at the Aged/Elder or it's back for more Lucky mice. Not sure which way I'll go, but I'll figure it out.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext