This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

Postby fantasia » Jul 09, 2012 6:05 pm

wolf wrote:Is it a permanent addition, or do I have to leave my shelder hunt to get it?
They didn't say.

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:Shelder is the rarest mouse in the entire game, it's literally a 1/1000 attraction rate with regular cheese. With Super Brie, you go up to 1/500 :(

I don't think that's correct. According to furoma.com, it's .18/100 with Gouda and .21/100 with SB+. That discrepancy is just taking the FTAs out of the equation, not really an increase in attraction. Moral of the story, don't waste your SB on this mouse. ;))

Well after the ZT tournament today, I now have a new and improved strategy on how to best do that tournament. ;)) (For me anyways, cause I have no life and I'm online all the time. :P ) Doesn't work great during the Fall either, cause your amplifier crawls up. But Basically it has changed from clearing one side to the chessmaster instead of doing the full gauntlet, fill up your amplifier quickly and get back in there and do a second run through the chessmaster. ;)) Oh, and amplifier charms are required for that strategy as well.

Looks like my team is doing a two day Warpath tournament tomorrow. Should be interesting. ;)) I'm mostly going to be in Wave 1 so here's hoping I get lots of Gargantuamice otherwise I will be totally worthless. :P

Getting my amplifier back up to full in the Seasonal Garden in the meantime.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby AstroWolfD » Jul 09, 2012 6:19 pm

wolfloversk wrote:@Astro, Oh I have 9, I'm trying to bronze it, sorry for the confusion, but they are some of the rarer mice there. Not like the Shelder though
Ah I see, makes sense now. ;) Didn't think I could possibly have been that lucky... :p

Just out of curiosity Wolf, have you ever attracted the Shelder?
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 09, 2012 7:25 pm

@Astro, Nope not even once. Lots of people say it's second only to the Black Widow in rarity, but the Black Widow is found in most locations. The Shelder is only in one.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby fantasia » Jul 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Wolf, you have definitely been unluckier than most with the Shelder. I went in and tallied up all the mice that you've attracted on the Huntington (which may not be 100% accurate cause the Locations tab just isn't), and you've attracted 825 mice. :ymsigh: I guess you're the statistic that rounds out the 1/500... making up for all the people who snagged the Shelder in 300 mice. :P
I do admire your perseverance though. :) Good for you and I hope you get that pesky Shelder soon!

Well, my team is doing as well as can be expected in our current Warpath tournament. Yesterday was just a busy day for many of us so we weren't ranked very high to start with and then we dropped a fair bit overnight. But since all of us have managed to at least stay signed in for most of the day, we're pushing back up in rank and we'll hopefully be able to get high enough to stay in the top 50% overnight. (For some reason you never drop as much the second night, not sure why. I guess it's because everyone stayed up the first night and slept through the second... I dunno. ;)) ) So we'll see how we do. :)

After this I'm gonna go finish up my Iceburg run and hopefully snag General Drheller (I'm somewhere in the Mad Depths). After that I'll run through the Tunnels and be ready to go for our next Iceburg tourny. And then I'll go top out my Seasonal Garden amplifier again (left off somewhere around 120% I think).
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

@FK well I've had lots of luck elsewhere in the game so I guess it just evens out my luck. I crowned the Mermouse... Getting close to a silver on my Water Nymph... Bought 500 more pieces of cheese (I forgot if I mentioned that or not) Still working at it :P
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby The Jedi Clone » Jul 11, 2012 5:51 pm

*slips in a bit late skipping at the news of a new MH thread*

Where’s your current location? Currently I am hunting in the mountains, soon to be laboratory.
-What are your goals for being there? I was trying to get the Burroughs Map piece. Is there any particular strategy you are using at the moment? Well, to be honest I just sort of use the brie cheese and hit the 'hunt' button, most of the time. :P

-What’s your favorite mouse? I really like the Ninja Mouse Do you like it because of its value or loot or is it because of it’s the artwork and idea?
To be honest I like it because one of my friends calls me a little Ninja. :)
-Do you have a favored trap or trap setup? I still use the Spiked crusher trap, but only because I'm to lazy to purchase a new one. If so why do you like it so much?
Again, because I'm to lazy to buy a new trap, although I do like to power it has.

-Where’s the best place to hunt and why? Hmm, I don't really know 'bout this one. What about the worst place to hunt? That is easy. The Harbor. The silly master burglar mouse keeps making off with me cheese!

-What would you love to see in MH that isn’t there now?
I would love to see more of Ronza, or even just some new map ares.
RL Sister to Melian Maia
Adopted Sister to Weirdo and Gildor_Inglorien
The Jedi Clone
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Gymfan, there's a Catacombs Competitors tourney in 6 hours! Are you up for it? :)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 12, 2012 6:52 am

We BARELY made the top fifty. . . seriously, we were the last team that received points. Oh well. . . they still spend the same *places 12 more tokens in his pocket*

I'm more than a quarter of the way towards my Gold base!!!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby AstroWolfD » Jul 12, 2012 7:47 am

Would like to apologize to Wolf and Ithilwen for missing their tourney invites. Logged on a bit late today and missed the cutoff, but I'll be ready for the next one. :p

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby fantasia » Jul 12, 2012 8:03 am

Jacob is doing an impromptu live painting of the Chrono Mouse starting at 5pm GMT. That's Noon CDT. I assume this is the new mouse that's going to be released this weekend?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 12, 2012 9:52 am

I silvered the water nymph... if I'm lucky I'll get the Shelder on a horn call during this tourney....

Ithy how's the cats tourney going?
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby fantasia » Jul 12, 2012 10:52 am

Good luck on your tournaments everybody! :D

Just got back from grocery shopping and I see the Chrono Mouse is the other winner of the fan art contest a few months back. I don't know if he'll be the one released this weekend or not, but I vaguely remember the mouse's description tied it in with the Acolyte Realm. Should be interesting.

Having more trouble in the Mad Depths than I remember having in a long time. Started off being entirely my fault, had the wrong trap armed.... but really just going back and forth and back and forth and not making any progress at all. Annoying as I will probably lose that third chest. I suppose I could use drill charges if I really wanted it, but eh, it's not worth it to me. ;)) I'm saving them for future Deep Mice. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 12, 2012 5:59 pm

wolfloversk wrote:Ithy how's the cats tourney going?

We placed at #75 or something. :P ;))

Still farming gold. I have 588,853 gold right now. I'll stay here until I've used up all 806 of my RB, and then I'll head over to the S.S. Huntington III.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby ceppault » Jul 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Passing through 1,000 pieces of Tier 3 cheese used in the second attempt. 1082 Tier 3 moose taken since the first time in Tier 3. 134 Tier 4 potions. Merrily marching along. About 12.3 percent drop rate.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Jul 13, 2012 8:21 am

FBF Review....

~They plan to still release the Living Garden this year.
~Oooh, I think they said they're working on new content.... I think. ;))
~The Iceburg Scoreboard broke because so many people had ties. The fix for it fell by the wayside because they're working on higher priority stuff. It will be fixed in the future though.
~Library Assignments are kind of hard to make which is why they haven't added more yet.
~Will they make new areas at some point that are simple like the Tribal Isles? They said probably not because they don't like to repeat themselves. (They went on to clarify that no areas EXACTLY like ones in the game. No Tribal Isles 2.0.) But they will try to make more passive content in the future.
~Luck weekend starts "soon" (about 10 minutes from when I post this ;)) )
~And new mouse with clues in the news post whenever they release it.
And that's it! :)

I just need one more mouse for my Seasonal Garden assignment (amplifier is maxed) and then I will be ready to go tackle whatever this new mouse is. :)

ETA: Got my Lucky Mouse in the Slushy Shoreline. I've seen both stwin and ramagut snag theirs in Z's Tower. It sounds like this mouse can be caught in most places where you use regular cheese.
In answer to wolf's earlier question, I'm guessing that, yes, this is going to be an event mouse that only shows up on bonus luck weekends and perhaps St. Patty's day?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby AstroWolfD » Jul 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Somehow, someway (and with Wolf taking me on hunts :p ) I managed to snag the Shelder! I'm now dedicated to the task of sounding the horn to help Wolf get hers... the extra luck must be helping! :)

Speaking of luck, anyone catch a Lucky Mouse yet? And where can they be found?

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

PreviousNext