This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

Postby AstroWolfD » Jul 05, 2012 8:40 am

Crafted the navigation kit, so I can now travel to the Tribal Isles. But I don't really know where to start... I'm staying on the Huntington for a while longer anyway.
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby fantasia » Jul 05, 2012 9:51 am

I've been very busy and/or out of town so I haven't posted in here for a while.

First of all, n_a_h, we'll miss you greatly! :ymhug: Both in the game and on the forum. Best of luck to you in your future and life.

wolf, any Shelder sightings yet?

Ithilwen, I'll let you know if we do any Cats tournies. :) I didn't mind the Cats myself when I was there, but I was making SO MUCH GOLD it was worth it. ;)) However, it can get very tedious and boring in a hurry.
If you want, there's no reason you can't start in on the Forgotten Grove to start farming runes in addition to gold and scrap metal. :) Just be aware of the timer of when FG closes. No big deal if you get transported to the Acolyte Realm, but you won't make as much money there.

Gymmie wrote:Then it's back to Elub; that's the first trap I'll upgrade since it has the lowest point requirement.
Should be the Horrific Venus Mouse Trap in Nerg. However, Elub is great getting the points to get leveled up to those traps. :)

Astro wrote:Crafted the navigation kit, so I can now travel to the Tribal Isles. But I don't really know where to start...

Congrats!!! :D I'll go ahead and say, skip hunting in Cape Clawed. The three mice you need from there you can't get yet, and otherwise, it's a shoppe town. I'd start off in Nerg with the Ambush trap and work on getting savory veggies and points so you can start upgrading all of your traps.
This is the area where all of a sudden you start needing a ton of gold so if you want to go to the Cats/FG (like Ithilwen) that may not be a bad idea.
The Ship, eh, I and most other people like to wait until you have a really nice Hydro trap to finish up that area. But you can do whatever you want there. :)

I really have nothing to report. Just running through the Iceburg again for Drheller. Maybe after this I'll go farm a few Wicked Gnarly potions since I'm running low on them for tournaments. We'll see.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 05, 2012 10:13 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:wolf, any Shelder sightings yet?

None yet... I also still need 3 Mermice and 2 Swabbies. I'm up to 83 Nymph mice as well so I'm hoping for a Silver Crown, but I'm not focusing on it yet. 303 pieces of cheese left... though I can buy more I'm not leaving until after I get those crowns and that mouse.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 07, 2012 7:49 am

Ooh, Wolfy. Next weekend is going to be +5 luck weekend! That would be a great time to try for the Shelder. :D

Random, but is any MH'er of Duke/Duchess rank and above interested in joining me for an in-house WW tourney tomorrow? It's for the tourney group that I'm doing and there is a SB+ prize guaranteed. Plus sometimes there are other goodies as well. :) I had a full team but one of the members had to pull out, so now we're down a member and we're trying to find a D/D to keep our team even (since each ranking is assigned points and you're only allowed so many points per team to keep teams of all Dukes joining, for instance).

It would be Sunday morning at 9am CST. That's when I'm at church but I'll be mobile; I've done it before and it's pretty easy. :)

So any takers? :)

ETA: NM, I guess we found someone! :)
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby AstroWolfD » Jul 07, 2012 10:48 am

Gymfan15 wrote:Ooh, Wolfy. Next weekend is going to be +5 luck weekend! That would be a great time to try for the Shelder. :D

Could someone clarify +5 Luck weekend? I would assume it's as simple as hunters receiving a =5 luck bonus over the weekend :p . But is there anything I'd need to do to activate the bonus?

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 07, 2012 11:45 am

Astro wrote:is there anything I'd need to do to activate the bonus?

Nope. You'll just get the bonus luck. Use it to go after pesky mice with which you've had difficulty, or to go after rarer loot drops.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » Jul 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Gymmie's comment about the bonus luck weekend reminded me that I never read the FBF review from yesterday (I wasn't able to watch it). Not only will there be extra luck next weekend, but also a new mouse. :-o
And then the other bit of news is that they're moving their FBF from UStream to Twitch TV next week because UStream apparently doesn't work for a lot of people. A link will be provided at the time.

I've been gone pretty much all week this week for July 4th, but I did manage to sneak in Warpath tournament with my team yesterday (top 50%, which was good considering we were all busy with holiday stuff). Now we're gearing up for a Zugzwang's Tower tournament that lasts two days so that'll keep me busy. (Maybe I'll get the sock!! LOL)

After that I think I'm just going to finish my Warpath run (four mice away :)) ), finish my Iceburg run (somewhere in the middle of the Mad Depths) and then rebuild my amplifier for the next ZT tournament.

Oh, and I built the Obvious Ambush Trap for no good reason aside from the fact that I could and so I did. :P I still want to build the DDA at some point as well, but again, I don't need it, so I'll probably just do it on a day that I'm bored. :P
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 07, 2012 5:25 pm

A new mouse?! *Is excited and disappointed at the same time. Is it a permanent addition, or do I have to leave my shelder hunt to get it?

*edit 7/9 no shelder yet, but I crowned the swabbie, just need the shelder and one more mermouse. 151 pieces of cheese left
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 09, 2012 12:50 pm

Our team is going to take top 25% in a 2 day Zugzwang tournament! WOO HOO! That's going to be 18 tournament tokens!
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Gymfan, how do you get so many points so fast? #:-s In about one month, you've done all that it took me about 5 months to do! And I play for 14 hours every day! :-o

Is it the Tournies that's the trick? If so, please sign me up too! ;)) I'll be in the Cats for a very long time. I have 986 RB, and I don't plan to leave the Cats until I've used all of it.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Ithilwen wrote:Gymfan, how do you get so many points so fast? #:-s In about one month, you've done all that it took me about 5 months to do! And I play for 14 hours every day! :-o

Is it the Tournies that's the trick? If so, please sign me up too! ;)) I'll be in the Cats for a very long time. I have 986 RB, and I don't plan to leave the Cats until I've used all of it.

~Riella =:)

I don't know! ;)) I don't think tournies by themselves give you extra points, but since you get taken on a lot more hunts than you do otherwise, I think that contributes a bit. And just regular points do not mean fast advancement; the higher ranked the area, the faster you will rank. You could hunt in the ggt for months and not rank as well as someone spending a week or so in Furoma. It's obviously a little more complicated than that, but that's the jist of it. :)

Hey, if you see a tourney you want to do, let me know! I'm super close to my silver base do I'm up for anything. :)

Right now I'm in the Cats saving gold, and then it's off to Nerg to get points for my new trap! :D
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 09, 2012 4:55 pm

I signed up for a day long huntington tourney. Still no shelder. No mermouse either.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby AstroWolfD » Jul 09, 2012 5:13 pm

No mermouse? I've caught 5 of 'em :-o Are they supposed to be uncommon, or am I misreading something? :p

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 09, 2012 5:25 pm

@Astro, Oh I have 9, I'm trying to bronze it, sorry for the confusion, but they are some of the rarer mice there. Not like the Shelder though
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Shelder is the rarest mouse in the entire game, it's literally a 1/1000 attraction rate with regular cheese. With Super Brie, you go up to 1/500 :(
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 09, 2012 5:29 pm

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:Shelder is the rarest mouse in the entire game, it's literally a 1/1000 attraction rate.

*considers buying 500 more cheese... at least I have the gold for it now :P
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

PreviousNext