This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 30, 2012 9:17 am

Beware, only the noblest, bravest, and craziest hunters dare to enter these halls.

That’s right folks the MouseHunt Thread has reached its fourth incarnation! And what better way to celebrate than by joining together and discussing one of our favorite games and our crazy adventures tracking and catching the mischievous rodents of Gnawnia. For those who don’t tread here much, they’re probably wondering what all the fuss is about. After all it’s just a game… right?

Perhaps, but it sure is a great one… amazing graphics, a cute story line, over 300 crafty villains, not to mention the competition, and the relaxing pace of the game-play… however I am rambling… why don’t you all discuss your favorite locations, mice, traps, and strategies right here? After all a discussion is much better with friends… besides I have a Shelder to catch!

Questions for thought and discussions:

-Where’s your current location? What are your goals for being there? Is there any particular strategy you are using at the moment?

-What’s your favorite mouse? Do you like it because of its value or loot or is it because of it’s the artwork and idea?

-Do you have a favored trap or trap setup? If so why do you like it so much?

-Where’s the best place to hunt and why? What about the worst place to hunt?

-What are your favorite tournaments to participate in? Do you have a preferred location, player limit, or length?

-What would you love to see in MH that isn’t there now?

Links that will be of great use:

MouseHunt Thread #1
MouseHunt Thread #2
MouseHunt Thread #3
MouseHunt on Facebook
Mousehuntgame.com
Catch Rate Estimates
Travel Planner
MouseHunt Timers
Mousehunt Wiki
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Yay, new thread! And first new thread that I get to participate in from the beginning. :D :D :D

I'll start by answering these nice questions that Wolfy had for us!

Where’s your current location? What are your goals for being there? Is there any particular strategy you are using at the moment?
Right now I'm in the SS Huntington III for a tourny, but after that I'm heading into the Tribal Isles (probably Elub or Nerg) to start *that* whole process. :p I need to save up enough gold to buy my DDB and then I'll have the minimum traps required for the Tribal Isles (Ambush, DDB and Net Cannon). After I get my DDB, it will just be saving up gold until I can upgrade all three.

No particular strategy. I tend to bounce around locations a lot due to tournies, so I don't really get bored of one place too often. I'm about a week or two away from my Silver base, and then I'll start the saving process for my Gold base. :D I'm actually pretty happy at how quickly I've been able to accumulate tokens, considering my rank.

What’s your favorite mouse? Do you like it because of its value or loot or is it because of it’s the artwork and idea?
My favorite mice are the rare, hard ones that I've been able to snag by luck. ;) I've been told that I was pretty lucky to get *three* Dojo Sensei's with an Ambush, so I treasure those with pride. I'm also proud of the three Cherry mice that I was able to catch really early on (although as luck would have it, I've been unable to get one since!). My least favorite mouse is the stupid Master Burglar because it gave me so much grief, lol.

Do you have a favored trap or trap setup? If so why do you like it so much?
I think my ACRONYM is my favorite trap, because it's the first (and so far, only) "premium" trap I've been able to get so far; in that it's the top of it's class and really versatile for may different uses. I tend to stick with my Bronze Tournament base for most things because it has great stats overall. Least favorite trap is the Sinister Portal because it's so dinky and useless, lol. I'm happy I have my ACRO to take care of Shadow mice for the next long while until I can afford the Gorgon.

Where’s the best place to hunt and why? What about the worst place to hunt?
Hmm. I'm definitely loving the Cats because it's got a pretty high success rate, although it's a bit boring. I really love Furoma, except catching Students. But I've had good luck with Masters, Mojo's and Sensei's, and I LOVE poking Unstable Curd, lol! Worst place to hunt...in terms of sheer boredom, the Moz. Glad I didn't have to spend much time there.

What are your favorite tournaments to participate in? Do you have a preferred location, player limit, or length?
I like Cats tournies because they are really straightforward and don't give higher ranked players too much of an advantage over lower ranked players...as long as you've got the ACRO, it's pretty much even. I like to call it the "great equalizer". ;) WW and Indi tournies tend to frustrate me due to the huge amount of variables, although I did get my first gold trophy in a WW tourny so I don't dislike it as much as I used to. ;)

If I can get a good team together, I prefer longer tournies because you get more tokens, and the hardest part of tournies is recruiting people anyway. Once you've got them on board, it's pretty easy.

What would you love to see in MH that isn’t there now?
I don't think I'm qualified to answer this since I'm still pretty new and haven't even begun to explore all the different stuff that MH has to offer. Get back to me in a year and then I'll answer. :p ;)
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Jun 30, 2012 2:45 pm

Going to start off by sharing my own current statistics. ;))

Breeds Caught: 330 / 331 (missing General Drheller)
Event Breeds Caught: 61 / 63 (missing High Roller and Leprechaun)
Hunter's Title: Duchess (84.31 %)
Mice Caught: 55817
King's Crowns: 26 Gold, 131 Silver, 173 Bronze
Non-LE Collectibles: Only missing Z's Left Sock and the Frozen Sealed Bottle

-Where’s your current location? What are your goals for being there? Is there any particular strategy you are using at the moment?
I am something of a Gypsy. I hunt wherever I feel like it and right now it's the Fiery Warpath. I'm there because I want to level to Grand Duchess. ;) But I still have one mouse left to snag in the Iceburg, so I will likely travel back and forth between these two locations for the time being.

What’s your favorite mouse? Do you like it because of its value or loot or is it because of it’s the artwork and idea? My favorite mouse is the Desert Architect Mouse because he reminds me of me and why I never pursued my degree in architecture. :)) A close second favorite is the Harpy and that's probably the mouse that has my favorite artwork.

Do you have a favored trap or trap setup? If so why do you like it so much? Not really, no. But my favorite traps from an art perspective are probably the Reaper's Perch, the Ambush, and the Sphynx Wrath.

Where’s the best place to hunt and why? What about the worst place to hunt?My favorites are the areas that are the most difficult and challenging but require some strategy to get through. Zugzwang's Tower and the Fiery Warpath are my two favorites.
My least favorite place used to be Furoma because when I first got there, there was no other way to obtain student tokens other than hunting them. And SB was a rare commodity, there was no Marketplace, no daily rewards, no King's Arms, nothin'. You only got SB at holiday events, caught black widows, or filled out surveys/donated money, so Maki was out of the question. Getting the correct tokens and enough of them was a huge pain.

What are your favorite tournaments to participate in? Do you have a preferred location, player limit, or length? Hmmm.... I do prefer the tournaments that don't give an advantage to the SB+ only players. So Catacombs, Lab, Mousoleum, etc. I also like the tournaments where you can set yourself up to do far better than other teams like Z's Tower and the Warpath. As to the player limit or length, no real preference, I like them all. ;))

What would you love to see in MH that isn’t there now? Being a top level player, I've been stuck in the Warpath with no higher level area to go for well over a year. The Market and Iceburg were nice breaks, but once you're done with those, you kind of default back to the Warpath because it's the place where you level most quickly. So I would like to see more high level areas open up.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby daughter of the King » Jun 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Breeds Caught: 221 / 331
Event Breeds Caught: 59 / 63
Hunter's Title: Lady (87 % )
Mice Caught: 14622
King's Crowns: 3 Gold, 38 Silver, 150 Bronze

-Where’s your current location? What are your goals for being there? Is there any particular strategy you are using at the moment? I'm currently in the Iceberg. I'm on my third run, first with the Mk. II. I want to catch Icewing before I move to another location. My current strategy is using wax charms in the Tunnels, sticky charms everywhere else, and drilling once I reach the Mad Depths.

-What’s your favorite mouse? Do you like it because of its value or loot or is it because of it’s the artwork and idea? I've never really had an absolute favorite mouse. ;)) If I had to pick a favorite it would probably be the Assassin 'cause she's a cool ninja mouse and is wearing pink. ;))

-Do you have a favored trap or trap setup? If so why do you like it so much? Not really. For the lower levels I used Rewers + Candy Cane Base a lot.

-Where’s the best place to hunt and why? What about the worst place to hunt? The Cats are always a good place for farming gold. The absolute worst place hands down is Balack's Cove. I caught 624 Swarms of Pygmy Mice while trying to catch Balack.

-What are your favorite tournaments to participate in? Do you have a preferred location, player limit, or length? I don't have a particular location or limit. I don't like the 12 hour+ tournaments. That's just way too long.

-What would you love to see in MH that isn’t there now? Nothing really. I'm already behind on locations thanks to Balack. :p It probably took so long because there were a lot of events while I was trying to catch him, but still.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 30, 2012 6:21 pm

-Where’s your current location?
Currently in the Mousoleum as part of a tournament, and then I'll go back to the Iceberg for more mindnumbing fun.

-What’s your favorite mouse? Do you like it because of its value or loot or is it because of it’s the artwork and idea?
The Curious Chemist is my favourite mouse in the game. No reason in particular. . . just love his design!

-Do you have a favored trap or trap setup? If so why do you like it so much?
Not really.

Furoma is mind numbingly dull, as is the Iceberg. You can't beat the warpath for difficulty too. My favourite area would probably be Muridae Market and other passive play areas.

-What are your favorite tournaments to participate in? Do you have a preferred location, player limit, or length?
One of my favourites is the tribal isles grand tournament, which our team doesn't do very often. I like Whisker Woods tournies too!

I'd love to see a new area which requires you to visit other areas (kind of like the way that the library works. . . but with loot drops)
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 30, 2012 9:03 pm

High time I answered my own questions ;)

SS Huntington III- I'm mainly after the Shelder mouse, but I'm looking also for Bronze crowns on the Swabbie, Mermouse, Squeaken, and Leviathan. I have stockpiled over 500 pieces of Gouda and equipped them with my Steam Laser Mk. I and Molten Shrapnel Base. Now it's just a waiting game.

This is a toughy for me to answer as well. I don't have a single favorite, but I do have a few that I love. I really like the Mutated Gray because I often use a winged wolf (ie a mutated grey wolf) as a rp character- and frankly it looks awesome- I so want a tail like that, and the extra hand! I adore the looks of the Bandit, Pygmy Wrangler (both of which remind me of me :P), and Dragon (Love the artwork on this one) Mice. The Wolfskie and Lycan are also favorites for obvious reasons. My favorite mouse to catch is probably the Eclipse Mouse, because it means all my hard effort has not gone to waste and it turns in the same amount of gold in one catch that would take me three days of catches in the Catacombs

-Do you have a favored trap or trap setup? If so why do you like it so much? For a long time my favorite trap set up was ACRONYM paired with the Aqua Base. Now I'm more likely to use the Dragon Jade or MSB, but I still regard the Aqua as my favorite aesthetically. I really like the looks of both ACRONYM, and the Ice Maiden, but the latter isn't as useful. As for what I don't have Reaper's Perch is a favorite of mine. And I can't begin to describe how much I want the Jet Black ACRONYM skin.

Well my favorite is the King's Guantlet, because it's a challenge, but I don't find it as boring as other areas since I can switch between Tiers. And the upper tiers help to quickly (though temporarily) put me into the 6 figures gold-wise.
Least favorite is the Derr Dunes... highly frustrating... Problem is I like hunting in Dracano... so I usually buy stones, vegetables, and shells with King's Credits

I don't really have a preferred location or player limit, I just aim for tourneys that are in locations I have goals to achieve in or that my teammates are hunting in. I prefer longer tourneys 6-24 hours long because I know I'll be online for part of them at least- and I'm a bit of an endurance competitor.

Well, I'd like to see more mice in Dracano for starters... who's ever heard of an area with only 3 species of mice?!. Secondly I would love to see some Guantlet research assignments or tournaments. Endurance and Boost tournaments would be nice, as would be a random release of the Leprechaun mouse. And I miss Zombie invasion weekends :P

My current stats:

Breeds Caught: 290 / 331
Event Breeds Caught: 56 / 63

Hunting Since: Jan 03, 2011
Hunter's Title: Lady (78 % )
Gold: 168,753

Team: Glitchpaw Hunters of GnawniaWeb
Horn Calls: 10478
Region: Rodentia

Trap Power: 5400
Total Luck: 22
Weapon: Steam Laser Mk. I
Base: Molten Shrapnel Base
Bait: 494 pieces of Gouda
Charm: None

Mice Caught: 16381

Also I have 201 Bronze Crowns, 44 Silver Crowns, and 1 Gold Crown
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 01, 2012 5:05 pm

I'm having one of the best runs I've ever had. Currently at a depth of 996 feet and hunt #144. I might snag all three chests at this rate. :D
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby daughter of the King » Jul 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Just placed 28th in a tournament, caught Icewing, crafted the Mk. III and got two of the chests. Definitely a successful run. I'll probably do one more just to see how the Mk. III does and then head to the Seasonal Garden to get the Key Shards.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 01, 2012 6:52 pm

I am down to 453 pieces of cheese, no major updates yet, but I am closing in on some crowns and it is early yet.

I’ll post my mouse group stats again… as I have said on previous threads, my eventual goal is to get a gold on every mouse in the game, but for now I am just focusing on catching and getting Bronzes.

Indigenous Mice
-Caught: 37/38 (Missing the Crown Collector)
-Crowned: 27/38 (Missing mostly SB mice, and Black Widow)
Guantlet Gladiators
-Caught: 34/34 B-)
-Crowned: 32/34 (Missing Eclipse, Necromancer)
Forest Guild
-Caught: 23/23 #:-s
-Crowned: 16/23
The Shadow Clan
-Caught: 7/7 :)
-Crowned: 7/7 :D
Digby Dirt Dwellers
-Caught : 11/11 ;)
-Crowned: 8/11 (Missing Nugget, Subterranean, BBB)
Followers of Furoma
-Caught: 17/17 :P
-Crowned: 10/17
The Forgotten Mice
-Caught: 18/18 ;))
-Crowned: 14/18 (Missing Reaper, Lich, Wight, Acolyte)
Aquatic Order
-Caught: 16/17 (Missing Shelder)
-Crowned: 11/17
The Elub Tribe
-Caught: 12/12 :ymalien:
-Crowned: 10/12 (Missing Elder, Chieftain)
The Nerg Tribe
-Caught: 12/12 %%-
-Crowned: 11/12 (Missing Grandfather)
The Derr Tribe
-Caught: 12/12 @};-
-Crowned: 10/12 (Missing Aged, Chieftain)
The Dreaded Horde
-Caught: 8/8 :ymdevil:
-Crowned: 4/8 (Missing Wrangler, Jurassic, Chitinous, Magma)
Draconic Brood
-Caught: 3/3 :ar!
-Crowned: 1/3 (Missing Warden, Dragon)
Balack’s Banished
-Caught: 10/10 8-}
-Crowned: 4/10
Seasonal Soldiers
-Caught: 23/24 (Missing Fall Familiar)
-Crowned: 18/24 (Missing Mostly Fall Mice)
Wizard’s Pieces
-Caught: 12/13 (Missing Chessmaster)
-Crowned: 6/13
Zurreal’s Breed
-Caught: 11/12 (Missing Zurreal)
-Crowned: 6/12
The Marching Flame
-Caught: 0/19
-Crowned: 0/19
Muridae Market Mice
-Caught: 0/13
-Crowned: 0/13
Icewing’s Invasion
-Caught: 24/28 (Missing Princess Fist, General Drheller, Icewing, Deep)
-Crowned: 18/28
Event Mice
-Caught: 56/63
-Crowned: 33/56
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby narnian_at_heart » Jul 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Well, guys, I'm quitting MH. It's been fun for the past year but I find that I'm logging on rarely this summer and haven't logged on at all for a few days. And I don't see my playing picking up anytime in the future. I haven't logged in for several days and have found that I don't even really miss it when I don't. It's a very fun game but I don't have the time for it anymore and in addition, I'm seriously trying to limit my time on the computer.

It's been fun!
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 03, 2012 2:42 pm

We'll miss you nah! Do stop by the threads and say hello every now and then :)

I bronzed my Squeaken. So right now I still need to catch my first Shelder, get 2 more Leviathans, 3 Mermice, and 4 Swabbies. I need cooks to, but I'm gonna wait on them until after I get the Fall Familiar. After this I'm either going to the SG, the Shoreline, or Dracano.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 03, 2012 9:44 pm

I'm going to be farming gold in the Cats for a long time. :|

A very long time.

Does anyone want to do Tourneys with me sometime? (-| I need something to keep this more interesting... ;))

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Ithilwen wrote:I'm going to be farming gold in the Cats for a long time. :|

A very long time.

Does anyone want to do Tourneys with me sometime? (-| I need something to keep this more interesting... ;))

If you like, I'm doing a Cats tourney in the morning and I'm still looking for members. :) If you can leave your team in time, I'll send you an invite.

Whatcha saving for, btw? :)

ETA: Let me guess...your Tribal Islands upgrades? I'm working on those too. :) Right now I'm saving for my Digby Drillbot since I don't have it yet, and then I'll head into Derr and get enough loot drops for my first batch of cheese. Then it's back to Elub; that's the first trap I'll upgrade since it has the lowest point requirement. Then on to the next trap, and so on and so forth. What kills me is that even if I had all the gold, it's going to be a long while before I have the points!

Legendary is creeping up on me...a lot faster then I'd like since I actually prefer to get a lot more done in the new area before I get access to the next, lol. I've barely started on the Tribal Isles. But that's ok; it'll help kill time for the next level I suppose!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 04, 2012 3:05 am

Gymfan15 wrote:If you like, I'm doing a Cats tourney in the morning and I'm still looking for members. :) If you can leave your team in time, I'll send you an invite.

I think I'll start doing Tourneys on July 5th. Tomorrow being a holiday and all.

I was wondering, is it possible to do Tourneys with people without friending them on FB? Because I really want to join in those tournaments you do, Gymfan, but I'm a bit hesitant to add strangers to my facebook (even temporarily) and I don't know the other people on your team...

I'm saving up for my Hydro traps right now. I think I'll farm some extra, though. Just so I don't have to come back after going on board the ship. ;))

Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby AstroWolfD » Jul 04, 2012 7:50 am

Hooray for 4.0! :D I'll get around to posting my current predicament... I mean situation, soon.
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 04, 2012 10:01 am

Ithilwen wrote:I was wondering, is it possible to do Tourneys with people without friending them on FB? Because I really want to join in those tournaments you do, Gymfan, but I'm a bit hesitant to add strangers to my facebook (even temporarily) and I don't know the other people on your team...

You only have to friend the team captain, I believe... I know not all our teammates are friends with each other on FB.

No Shelder yet. No more crowns yet either... though I see I caught a swabbie at least. Edit Correction: I crowned the leviathan, but the balloon didn't pop up.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Next