This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Version 4.0!

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 14, 2012 9:48 pm

I caught a second Shelder :-o and we placed in the top 50%. Now I'll be after Lucky and Hapless mice until Fall hits the SG.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby starkat » Jul 15, 2012 8:15 pm

Bought the Mouse Statuette collectible and the Super Briefs tonight. No real reason. Just 'cause. lol. I had enough tournament tokens and King Reward tokens for both without completely draining my stores. I'm back in the shoreline trying to get the wire spools I need for the hearthstone base. 9 more to go!
starkat

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Ok, a couple questions for the more informed.

1. What mice does one typically reserve a ULC for? I nabbed a few during Lucky Weekend and I know they are rare, but I wasn't sure when one really used them outside of Warmongers, lol.

2. Is it generally a wise idea to use the Magic Essence recipe for Tribal cheese, or does one usually just use the regular recipe? I just wasn't sure how "valuable" one tends to find this particular cheese.

3. I'm doing a Huntington tourney with the gang; what's my best setup for Shelders? I know they're extremely rare but I wasn't sure if I should go for attraction, luck, power or just whatever, lol. I'm mostly playing with bases and charms because I only have one Hydro trap.

Game update: Hero, plugging away at the Tribal Islands for Stones and Shells. My efforts to catch the Aged/Elder mice have been wholly unsuccessful, so I've been forced to farm for more Crunchy and Shell. I fully intend to be one of those people that buy token packs of these things to save on hassle, but since I'm currently waiting on about 300k in points before I get my next trap upgrade, there was really no point in using up the KC now.

Ugh, this last million points or so has been a total drag, and I still have over 8mil in points to go before I'll get to upgrade the last of my three traps, which is an enormous pain in the butt. I will DEFINITELY have all the crafting parts well in advance of the point requirement. :p

What does one typically do while waiting to upgrade traps? I know that once I have my Shell/Crunchy/Gouda I can start going after Pepper seeds; I just don't know if it's worth doing that before you have the better traps. I suppose you *have* to start going after the ABT trap parts in the mean time; but it seems like such a hassle, lol. Oh well, I'll just slog on through as best as I can! :p

Maybe once I upgrade my MVMT, I'll head back to Furoma. I love me some Furoma. :p
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Jul 17, 2012 1:03 pm

1. When they were first added to the game (Ronza gave everybody 20 of them), I stockpiled them in anticipation of the Leprechaun Mouse. But now that mouse hasn't been released for several years so I use ULC on Warmongers, Icewings, I think maybe the Chess Master... But keep in mind, charms weren't even released until I had finished with everything up through Z's Tower soooo... I didn't have much of an opportunity to use them. ;))

2. Cheese Recipes I consistently used Magic Essence on include: Vanilla Stilton, Vengeful Vanilla Stilton, and Checkmate Cheese. I did craft all of the Tribal Isles cheeses with Magic Essence, but only on very rare occasions when I was desperate.

3. The nice thing about the Shelder is that if you attract him, it's very unlikely that you'll miss him. Arming the Aqua Base vs Bronze Base isn't going to make much, if any, difference.

Personal update: Currently in Wave 3 of the Warpath getting to the sweet spot for tournaments. Not terribly far off 15-0-45-52-24-15.
Gonna hit the Iceburg in the morning for a tournament and more attempts at getting General Drheller.
I might actually go do a Z Tower run with or without a tournament to try to restock my amplifier charms. (I'm out. ;)) )
Really my current existence in MH revolves around tournaments. ;)) I was quite happy to hear last Friday they're working on new content again.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 17, 2012 1:08 pm

1. I use them for the same mice that FK listed, but I also like to use them to snag some dragon mice if I'm in a Tribal Isle's Tournie. I could also see them being put to good use going after Balack the Banished or the SOJO

2. I use magic essence for checkmate and VVS only.

We're doing a S.S. Huntington tonight. I'm going to be using Super Brie in hopes to nab my cook mouse (I've yet to get her), and then hopefully my Shellder as well. . . but I'm not holding out much hope.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 17, 2012 1:46 pm

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:We're doing a S.S. Huntington tonight. I'm going to be using Super Brie in hopes to nab my cook mouse (I've yet to get her), and then hopefully my Shellder as well. . . but I'm not holding out much hope.

I have a mouse that you don't have? ;) I got my Cook a week or so ago. I can't remember why I was hunting with SB+ there; I think some of my tourney mates sent me some because we were placing well and they wanted to make sure I could help keep the points up, lol.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Well, it's back to the Cats for me, to farm more gold. I have more gold now than I ever have, and I'm getting very close to having one million in gold for the first time.

I managed to catch 82 Lucky Mice over the weekend. :) Will we be seeing that mouse again?

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 17, 2012 1:58 pm

^^ I think so...didn't the Devs say that they plan on having more weekend evetns more often? I imagine the Lucky will be back. I hope so anyway; I got 50+ but I'd like to Silver him eventually.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Yes, I do hope that he'll be back, it was a nice little weekend event. I really think that they should try to do at least one little weekend event per month; they're always fun! We haven't had a zombie invasion weekend for a while. . . maybe they'll do one of those within the next few months.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby shastastwin » Jul 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Update:
I have all of my materials for the last two Iceberg bases, minus the BCF (which I'll be farming in droves soon). So, minus getting War Scraps and the odd Tournament, I am done with the Shoreline! :D I only have the Deep Mouse 8-} and the Living Salt left to catch in the Icewing group. I suspect I'll be a while trying to get the Deep Mouse, as I've never even finished the 'Berg in under 275 hunts, much less under 250.

I have a fully charge Tower Amplifier and am working my way through the last of my Archers in Wave 3 on the Warpath, so I will be up for any tourneys there in the next while. I need to remember to buy an Uncharged Scholar Charm before the next ZT run so I can have it for a Library Tourney. (0-37-15-56-23-19 in the Warpath).

I have 50 Tournament Tokens, so I am 1/4 of the way to my Gold Base. :D

Missing Mice List
Indigenous: Pebble, Tiny, Fog, Speedy, Farmhand, Crown Collector
Gauntlet: Eclipse
Digby: Nugget
Aquatic: Shelder
Seasonal: Fall Familiar (forgot to try for this last time I was in the Garden for Fall)
Market: Blacksmith, Mage Weaver
Icewing: Deep, Living Salt
Event: Snooty, High Roller, Mobster, Leprechaun
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 19, 2012 2:24 am

I decided to take a break from the Cats for awhile and hunt in the Forbidden Grove. I haven't tried hunting in there since I got my ACRONYM.

On another note, I found this spreadsheet on the Mousehunt Wiki, and noticed in the "Miscellaneous" section is a link to John 3:16! :-o (It's in small text in the right hand corner, and reads "Whoever...but only whoever".)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby fantasia » Jul 19, 2012 10:53 am

The timer spreadsheet that you found Ithil is run by a guy named Chad (I forget his last name at the moment) and last Christmas he linked to a YouTube video about the birth of Christ. I thought that was pretty awesome. :D He's not directly affiliated with Mousehunt, but he is one of the more well known members on the MH forums.

Well my team is tournamenting it up in the Laboratory today. Hoping to come in the top 50% at least (which shouldn't be a problem unless we have a REALLY bad tourny) so Gymmie can get her Silver Base. :D

After that it's back to the Iceburg for me. Another General come and gone this morning that wasn't Drheller. I've only caught 34 generals so far. :P
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 19, 2012 1:33 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:Well my team is tournamenting it up in the Laboratory today. Hoping to come in the top 50% at least (which shouldn't be a problem unless we have a REALLY bad tourny) so Gymmie can get her Silver Base. :D

Sadly, only a Bronze trophy or better will get me my base today, sob. I'm at 76 tokens...seems like I've been stuck in the 70's forever, lol.

On a brighter note, I should have enough points to upgrade my MVMT by tomorrow night; the weekend at most. :D AND yesterday I finally caught my Aged and Elder mice! Phew. Only look like, 35-40 pieces of Crunchy/Shell apiece. :p I feel extremely lucky that I got my Grandfather on my third piece of Gumbo (and one piece was wasted in Nerg, lol). Incidentally, all three mice were caught on trap checks...definitely believe in the power of extra luck now, lol.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby daughter of the King » Jul 19, 2012 8:02 pm

9:15 pm - Seasonal Garden
I returned to check my trap, but it appeared a Fall Familiar Mouse had eaten a piece of cheese without setting it off.

9:10 pm - Seasonal Garden
I sounded the Hunter's Horn, but my efforts were fruitless. A Harvester Mouse ate a piece of cheese without setting off my trap.
Additionally, the power of this mouse crippled my courage, setting me back 5,097 points!

*and there was weeping and gnashing of teeth*

I have the Spring and Summer key shards. Hopefully the Winter one won't be as hard to get.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 19, 2012 9:52 pm

I got the sandtail call to arms! But I still need the Fall Familiar. After this I'm thinking a Zuzwang's Tower run.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby fantasia » Jul 20, 2012 6:18 am

Gymmie wrote:AND yesterday I finally caught my Aged and Elder mice! Phew. Only look like, 35-40 pieces of Crunchy/Shell apiece.
Wow, that's actually quite a lot. At least when you finally caught them they dropped the pieces you need :D (Or at least I assume they did otherwise I'd imagine you'd be telling us how very unhappy you were about it.)

Gymmie wrote:I'm at 76 tokens...seems like I've been stuck in the 70's forever, lol.
Well, we got you two more last night (still mad about the lack of Monster mice :P ) and I"m sure your Nerg tourny will go splendidly today and you'll have your Silver Base by this evening!!! :D :D :D

Dot wrote:*and there was weeping and gnashing of teeth*
:( :ymhug: That really stinks. At least there's still nearly two more days to go, so hopefully you'll get both of those mice before Winter arrives.

wolf wrote:I got the sandtail call to arms!

Congrats on the Call to Arms!!! :D Yay!! Only 17% more to go until you can join us in the Warpath. :D

My team and I are currently doing a 24 hour Warpath tournament. Hard to gauge how we're doing as it started right before we all went to bed so we're pretty much at the bottom of the pack and will be working our way up through the ranks all day. But I"m sure we'll be able to at least get the top 50%.

ETA @ 10:25am:
FBF Review....
~They would like to increase the number of weekend events. But they'd prefer it'd be something simple for them that they can just turn on and off and not get in the way of building new content.
~Lots of questions that all came back to players' desires and wants and such. The devs repeated over and over that if there is something you want to see, don't hesitate to post your ideas on the MH forum under the feedback section and they will do what they can. The trick of course is implementing popular ideas (like new Library assignments) in place of the bigger projects (like the Living Garden).
~The Chrono Mouse will be added soon. Maybe within a couple of hours. Not a weekend event, he's new permanent content (very likely the Forgotten Grove or Acolyte Realm). Dan the Dev says you will need patience cause he's in the new "big bad" category.
~Next Friday will be an Art FBF

And that's it! :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext