This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Special Feature: Tenth Avenue North

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Special Feature: Tenth Avenue North

Postby MissAravis » Oct 28, 2009 8:04 pm

Lark wrote:I didn't even know Scott wasn't touring with them. I've been meaning to look up tour dates and locations,but I keep forgetting.
Yeah, from what I had gathered, he wasn't touring with them at all during the Inside and In Between tour. I have no idea why, but a sub always had to play the bass during those concerts. I hope/think he's back now, though! :D
Aww, that's too bad!:( I was looking at Mike's twitter and he mentioned something about a Tennessee concert. Also he mentioned some free acoustic versions of TAN songs! I'm looking forward to those! :)
Speaking of Mike's twitter, he just posted a really good update- "Never be discontent with the life you've been dealt, be discontent with the way you're living it."
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lark » Oct 28, 2009 9:11 pm

MissAravis wrote:Speaking of Mike's twitter, he just posted a really good update- "Never be discontent with the life you've been dealt, be discontent with the way you're living it."

I saw that,too. :) Mike has some amazing insight. I wish I'd heard that about a year to a year and a half ago. But it's still applicable with where I am now.
Lark
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby winterlife » Oct 29, 2009 9:16 am

I watched their youtube videos. I love the tutorial on By Your Side! I can play it already, although it still needs smoothed out. :)
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
NWtwin:Sleepwalking NWsibs:8
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MissAravis » Oct 29, 2009 3:41 pm

Awesome, winterlife! I literally just started attempting to learn the guitar, and By Your Side is the first song I tried/am trying to play ;)) The video is really helpful. I can't do any of the "fancy" strumming though, mainly just the intro... hehe. Oh, and then I also figured out Times, and that one is a lot easier IMO. But yeah, I pretty much fail at guitar since I've only practiced it like 3 times :p
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lark » Oct 29, 2009 3:56 pm

You two are luuuuky! :p I'm not that good on the piano,(I wish I could play entirely by ear)and the nearest place to go for guitar lessons is 45 minutes away. But I've officially made this off-topic :-s sooo....

I love their one youtube vid where Mike uses that funny accent. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken. Ooohhhh....." =))

BTW, how old are they exactly?(I know some of them said their ages on youtube,but silly me can't remember) They all look so young! No offense,but with the exception of Jason they all look about 18 years old.
Lark
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MissAravis » Oct 29, 2009 4:54 pm

lol it's okay we're talking about playing TAN songs so it's not too off topic :P
Yeah, I LOVE that video so much! His accent is amazing.

Mike recently turned 29, Jeff is 26 I think, Jason is 27, and I'm not sure how old Scott is. But yeah, they do look really young. One of my friends who's dad is pastor of our church, she went to the TAN concert w/ me, and brought home a poster, and her dad said something like, "Wow they all look like they're about 12 years old." =))
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lark » Oct 29, 2009 5:08 pm

That's so funny! =)) I think they look young,but not that young! :p

Mike's almost 30?!?!?! :-o He looks like the youngest in the group!(and he definetly acts like it! :p )

I can't wait to ask my mom about buying Over and Underneath. I'm such a cheap skate, if it wasn't such a good deal, I wouldn't even consider it. ;))
Lark
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby winterlife » Oct 29, 2009 5:30 pm

MissAravis wrote:Oh, and then I also figured out Times, and that one is a lot easier IMO.

Awsome! How do you play it? *rats. no emoticon for 'climbing through the computer in anticipation and excitement'*
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnian_at_heart » Oct 29, 2009 5:38 pm

winterlife wrote:*rats. no emoticon for 'climbing through the computer in anticipation and excitement'*

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Nice, Katie.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MissAravis » Oct 29, 2009 6:02 pm

Katie, hmm I am horrible w/ guitar terminology and stuff, so I don't know how to describe how to do anything, I just know how to do it. :ymblushing: It's so easy though, you only have to change positions (is that even the right term? see I know nothing ;)) ) like twice. Maybe I can make a little video tutorial of it, lol. (the person who knows nothing about guitar trying to teach people, that's just hilarious :P)

Lol, Lark, I agree! Mike looks the youngest. It is rather ironic.
Well it can't hurt to ask your mom. The worst she can say is no!
Oh, and, you may have already seen these since I think I posted them on NW before, but if not, here's piano sheet music I wrote down for By Your and Love Is Here. :)
http://freewebs.com/music-mp3s/by%20your%20side.pdf
http://music-mp3s.webs.com/Love%20Is%20Here.pdf
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lark » Oct 29, 2009 8:14 pm

MissAravis: true that is worst she can say!
And thanks for re-posting the sheet music. :) I'll try to print it out once I'm on a computer that's hooked up to a printer.
Lark
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnian_Warrior » Oct 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Yeah, I've heard them on the radio before. I like them. My favorite band is the Newsboys.
Image sig by MementoMorrie
Narnian_Warrior
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby winterlife » Oct 30, 2009 2:52 pm

I think Newsboys were the first band I ever liked. My mom just doesn't get it. But she doesn't get Relient K, or Stellar Kart, either. She's ok with Tenth Ave and Rush of Fools, though. So that's something I can listen to with her around. :p
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnian_Warrior » Oct 30, 2009 2:57 pm

winterlife wrote:....She's ok with Tenth Ave and Rush of Fools, though. So that's something I can listen to with her around. :p

Have you ever heard "Peace Be Still" by Rush of Fools before?
Image sig by MementoMorrie
Narnian_Warrior
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby MissAravis » Oct 30, 2009 3:05 pm

winterlife wrote:But she doesn't get Relient K, or Stellar Kart, either. She's ok with Tenth Ave and Rush of Fools, though. So that's something I can listen to with her around
Haha, our moms would get along well, then. ;)) My mom is a huge Tenth Ave fan but she really doesn't like the Relient K/Switchfoot type (although, she likes one song of SF, just not the lyrics :P).
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby winterlife » Oct 30, 2009 3:08 pm

[Narnian_Warrior-] Yes, I have both of their albums. It's on the first on[e]. I think it's the fifth track. Hold on...nope, sixth. I was one off. :p I really like it. It's a great song with a great reminder.
Edit: I can never catch typos 'till I've already posted. :p
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext