This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Questions on NarniaWeb and the Forum

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Questions on NarniaWeb and the Forum

Postby stargazer » Dec 06, 2011 9:12 am

Welcome to the NarniaWeb forums! Do you have a question about how to change something on your profile? Or what on earth Ditto Town is? This is the place to ask! You can ask technical questions (like how to get an image in your signature) or questions about the forum in general. Below are some useful links to check out before posting here in case your question has already been covered.

Forum FAQ. This page has answers to some of the more basic forum functions, like what to do if you forget your password and what Private Messaging is. If you have any suggestions for this page for items to add or clarify, please post them here.

BBcodes Page. This page lists all the BBcodes you can use on this forum to format your posts (such as the spoiler or quote boxes, how to embed a URL, etc.).

Forum Rules. The forum rules provide the framework for the day-to-day running of the forum and explain the unique culture we have here.

Remember, too, that in each individual forum there are section-specific rules, so please take note of these.

If you're reading this thread and you know the answer to someone's question, by all means feel free to jump in and answer it! This is a place for us to help each other and make the forum experience the best it can be. You can also use this thread to post suggestions for the forum and FAQ page... though we don't promise to use all of them, ideas are always welcome. Thanks in advance for your help!
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Re: Questions on NarniaWeb and the Forum

Postby narnian_at_heart » Mar 08, 2012 3:50 pm

I have a suggestion. Every time I try to embed a YouTube video into a post, I never know how and am stuck copying everything I possibly can to figure out how to do it: copying the URL, the embed code (old and new), and the short youtu.be one that there is when you click embed.

I usually end up digging through forum posts until I find a post with a video in it. Then, I hit "quote" and then take a look at what that person did. Kind of annoying.

I would suggest adding how to embed YouTube videos to the bbcode page and also the how to upload images thread in the Fan Art section.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Mar 09, 2012 12:42 pm

NAH, the quickest way to get that done would be to PM FK or Tirian. I don't know anything about the inner workings of the forum, so I don't know if it's something that FK can do in her capacity as an admin, or if that is something that Tirian needs to program into the site.

But I agree, it is frustrating to try to get a youtube video onto NarniaWeb. I usually just link to it.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby EtJ » Oct 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Wow, nothing since March... Here I go. *bump*

OK, joking aside. Firefox doesn't like the forum. I can access it, but once I sign in, it dumps me back out (still on the forum, just not signed in). This has been happening for a few months at least.

4 days later, it now works!!!
"To the Great Western Wood, I give you...."
EtJ
Moderator Emeritus
Mad Mod of GMD and G&B

Postby Lady Rosalia » Dec 15, 2012 11:08 am

Is it okay to post in threads that are somewhat old? I've been merrily posting away on threads several months old, while on another forum I'm on it's frowned upon. I don't recall seeing anything in the NW rules, but just wanted to be certain... Thanks a lot!
"Not all that is called progress moves us forward." - H.K. Ward
"Aslan's instructions always work, there are no exceptions."
-Puddleglum
Lady Rosalia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby EtJ » Dec 15, 2012 11:14 am

Posting on older threads here is perfectly fine-- in fact we would prefer it to opening new threads if an existing thread covers a discussion you'd like to participate in. Check out some of the locked discussions, as well, before posting a new thread. If you find a locked thread you'd like to add to, feel free to PM one of us and we'll be happy to unlock it for you.
"To the Great Western Wood, I give you...."
EtJ
Moderator Emeritus
Mad Mod of GMD and G&B